• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

*POST* your i7 setup specks

CPU: 920
MB: Gigabyte X58
RAM: WinTEC 2GB DDR3-1333 @ 2000mhz
HDD: 2 X 150 Raptor in RAID 0
PSU: Antec Neo 550 Watts Modular.
Case: Thermaltake Armor LCS
Cooling: D-tek Fuzion + MCW30 + MCW60 + 2 X MCR320 RADS + MCP655 Pump
GPU: ATI 4850 512MB
 
CPU: i7 920
MB: Asus P6T Deluxe
RAM: Corsair 6GB DDR3-1333
HDD: 2 x Samsung 1TB HD103UJ
PSU: Corsair 1000hx
Case: Antec P182
GPU: Visiontek 4870x2
Cooling: TRUE120 1336RT w/ Arctic Cooling 120mm PWM fan & Yate Loon 120mm SL case fans

Everything's ordered and should be here Wednesday.
 
CPU: i7 920
MB: Asus P6T Deluxe
RAM: Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 1.65V
HDD: WD VelociRaptor 300GB 10krpm / Extrenal 500GB for media
PSU: CM 700W SLI Certified
Case: CM HAF932
GPU: EVGA GTX 260 (for now)
Cooling: OEM (for now)

Where is everyone getting their i7 compatible TRUE120's??
 
CPU: i7 920
MB: Asus P6T Deluxe
RAM: Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 1.65V
HDD: WD VelociRaptor 300GB 10krpm / Extrenal 500GB for media
PSU: CM 700W SLI Certified
Case: CM HAF932
GPU: EVGA GTX 260 (for now)
Cooling: OEM (for now)

Where is everyone getting their i7 compatible TRUE120's??

You can order a TRUE 120 and add on the adapter, I think you can do that at sidewinder and frozencpu.
 
Just wondering: is there any reason NOT to get the 920?

EDIT - Sorry, I should have made it more clear: is there any reason to get the other 9xx processors over the 920? Of course they are faster, but is the extra price-tag worth it?

-C2
 
Got my parts, everything works without a hiccup.
Now I need to find a deal for XFire setup.

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg
 
CPU: Core i7 920 @ 3.33GHz until I get an aftermarket HS
MB: Asus P6T Deluxe
RAM: Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3-1600 @ DDR3-1333
HDD: 4x 1TB Seagate 7200.11
PSU: Cooler Master UCP Ultimate 1100w
Case: Cooler Master RC690
GPU: EVGA GTX 280 SSC (SLi)
Cooling: OEM (FTM)

I'm stuck between the TRUE and the Noctura.
Any recommendations?
 
Yay! Placed my order at Newegg. Here is what I have coming..

CPU: i7 920
MB: Asus P6T Deluxe
RAM: G.Skill 6GB DDR3-1600
HDD: 1x 640gb WD "Black" (Have a 150gb "Raptor" already)
PSU: Corsair 1000hx
Case: Antec 1200
GPU: EVGA 8800GTX (Already had it)
Cooling: Nothing yet, but ordering an Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT .

My next purchase after the HSF will be a new videocard. I'd like to see what ATI and Nvidia have up their sleeves.
 
Just wondering: is there any reason NOT to get the 920?

EDIT - Sorry, I should have made it more clear: is there any reason to get the other 9xx processors over the 920? Of course they are faster, but is the extra price-tag worth it?

-C2

I would say no.
 
This is what I am building. I put prices by new purchases-

CPU: 920 (299usd)
MB: Foxconn Renaissance (277usd)
RAM: Mushkin 998681 XP3-12800 (3x2GB) (270usd)

Other system details-

Graphics Cards: GTX 260 SLi (220usd ea.)
HD: WD Raptor 74GB HD (x2) in RAID, Single WD Cavier 500Gb in regular SATA.
Monitor: DoubleSight DS-263N (1920x1200)
PSU: SILVERSTONE OP1000-E
OS: Vista HP x64 SP1

-----------------
Haven't overclocked yet. I need to get the 1366 adapter kit for my Thermalright Ultra Extreme. I'll likely do 3.3GHz with the stock cooler until I get that done. Hopefully I'll have solid OC results by next week.

-----------------
I chose the CPU, mobo, ram and graphics cards all based on price vs performance. Heck same thing with the monitor. One using the same panel from NEC would be over 1k. From DS it was 720.

Another reason I got the 920 is I air OC. More costly CPUs aren't going to get much beyond the 920's max on air.

I game 1920x with AA. GTX 260 SLi has a good amount of ram and with a decent overclock is plenty for that res. I wanted to stay away from 512Mb cards. I am also looking forward to growing PhysX support in games.

I got the PSU because it's a standard size and kicks out 1k watt on a single rail.
 
I would suggest also getting a 2nd fan for the TRUE to do a push-pull method.
 
CPU: Core i7 965
MoBo: Asus P6T Deluxe
HSF: Noctua U12P
Ram: Crucial 3x2GB 1333mhz DDR3
GPU: 2x Zotac GTX 260 (216 Core, OC'ed) SLI
PSU: Corsair 750TX
Case: HAF 932

965 Worth it? Maybe. Maybe not. I could have got a used Pinto instead of my newish Mustang as well, and skipped the leather seats, etc. I only live once though and I can afford it.
 
Long time lurker, but here is my setup:

CPU: Core i7 920
MB: Asus Rampage II Extreme
RAM: Corsair 6GB 1600Mhz Dominator
HDD: 2 X 500GB WD RE2
PSU: PC Power&Cooling Silencer 750W
Case: LIAN LI PC-V1000BPlus II
Cooling: Thermalright True Black 2x 50CFM Lian-Li Fans ~20dB (May upgrade to scythe)
GPU: EVGA 8800GTS 512MB SLI

CPU is overclocked to 3.8Ghz @ 1.35V using a 190Mhz BLCK. The memory is running at 1520Mhz @ 1.65V stock voltage. Intel Turbo Mode has been disabled. There are a few more settings but this is what I can remember off the top of my head.

The CPU temperatures at idle are ~40C and under a 9 hour 100% Orthos load, ~85C in case using Core Temp. The ambient room temperature is 75F or ~24C. This seems to be in line with other reviews and forum posts. I may try to back off the voltages some to get the temp down.

I have enjoyed it so far. I need to run a few more benchmarks to see what the differences are. My weakest link now seems to be the 8800GTS video cards.
 
No does turbo mode help with overclocking or hurt??

It probably won’t hurt the overclock, but generally I turn off any of the settings that effect the CPU speed and power saving features. It's just a force of habit for me from the 680i and 780i motherboards that I've used. Some sites that I have read have said turn it off, some say leave it on. Just one more BIOS setting to test ;)

If you leave it on, your i7 may burst to a higher multiplier for a second if it has the thermal headroom to do so.
 
GD the mobo is in stock now @ the egg and ram is OOS...

I cant win... Tempted to just make two separate purchases with my preferred account and take the 6 months of being interest free. I'll have the whole thing payed off before 6 anyways....
 
Well, the mobo I ordered is the Gigabyte X58 UD5 - not using or planning to use water cooling, so the gimnicky chipset cooling wasn't worth the $30 difference :) besides, with the good airflow of Antec 1200 and good cpu HSF the solution of UD5 should be enough. Besides the difference of $100 wasn't worth to wait and get the Evga x58 (especially as Gigabyte has better layout) - oh, and did evga mentioned that at end of december they revamping the board to x58 ftw? :p

The CPU will be 920i

Memory? I've the pair of ReaperX 1333mhz 1,65v (yes, was running p5e3 deluxe, till its capacitors went baaad :p) so I'll be sticking with them (might get 3rd stick), but I'm not selling very good memory, to just get a triple channel - especially as difference between 4 and 6gb will IMO be minimal (using 64 bit vista)

For cooling I've decided Noctua NHU12, along with noctua paste. Will also try a raid 0 with Samsung F1 750gb

All I need now is money for my 2nd 280gtx :p
 
I7 920, P6T, Patriot 1600 6GB, Corsair 1000HX, 2 280s and lots of cashback in two months.

4ghz at 1.4 volts with a Fuzion V1, with 4.1ghz seemingly stable as well. I'm waiting on the Swiftech GTZ adapter and need to finish the external radbox before getting gpu blocks. The dusty mosfet fan isn't as noisy as the one included with the P6T (.13 amp vs .15 amp).

001100360.jpg
 
i7 920
Asus P6T
6GB Patriot 1600 MHz

and

Noctua NH-U12P SE1336 Heatsink
GTX 280
PCP&C 750W
and a severely beaten Antec P180
 
Got my parts, everything works without a hiccup.
Now I need to find a deal for XFire setup.

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

Did you use same Thermalright Ultra 120 Heatsink for Socket 775 does it work on the new socket or you need some kind of adapter, that would be great if i can use the same heatsink since i have one for my Socket 775.

Please let us know
Thanks
 
I7 920, P6T, Patriot 1600 6GB, Corsair 1000HX, 2 280s and lots of cashback in two months.

4ghz at 1.4 volts with a Fuzion V1, with 4.1ghz seemingly stable as well. I'm waiting on the Swiftech GTZ adapter and need to finish the external radbox before getting gpu blocks. The dusty mosfet fan isn't as noisy as the one included with the P6T (.13 amp vs .15 amp).

]http://xs233.xs.to/xs233/08482/001100360.jpg

Guessing you bought your stuff from ebay? If so, what store?
 
I got mine from TechTreasure and MultiwaveVideo (both mwave fronts).
 
i7 920
Asus P6T
12gb Corsair Dominator
2x Evga GTX280 SSC
Corsair 1000w PS
WD 300gb Velociraptor
Thermalright 120 extreme

Just waiting on the Thermalright to assemble it. Got everything else. Can't complain on price thanks to the MS cashback on Ebay...paid a total of $2100 for everything after cash back...also includes 2 DVD burners, and a new NZXT Zero aluminum full tower.
 
i7 920
Asus P6T
12gb Corsair Dominator
2x Evga GTX280 SSC
Corsair 1000w PS
WD 300gb Velociraptor
Thermalright 120 extreme

Just waiting on the Thermalright to assemble it. Got everything else. Can't complain on price thanks to the MS cashback on Ebay...paid a total of $2100 for everything after cash back...also includes 2 DVD burners, and a new NZXT Zero aluminum full tower.

Can you still do an evga step up program is you buy off ebay?
 
Intel Core i7 920
Asus Rampage II Extreme
Corsair DDR3-1600 Tri-channel 6GB
Two Western Digital 640GB 32mb
LG BluRay & HD-DVD player/burner
Lian-Li X500 case
Thermaltake 750W
Evga 8800GTS 320



82394233wz8.jpg

44990899hm4.jpg

53074250ld6.jpg

untitledzz9.jpg
 

While ago i bought 7900GTX from ebay and it went bad on me and i could not do anything about it. Spend the extra money and get it from a store, its not worth risking it.
 
Back
Top