spenny2112
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2007
- Messages
- 382
see sig
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Took the plunge earlier last week. Most parts are already here.
CASE: Antec P182
CPU: i7 920
HEATSINK: Prolimatech Megahalems (x2 Scythe Slip Stream)
MB: EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR
RAM: OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600 (7-7-7-24)
PSU: Corsair 650W
DRIVE: LG Black LG Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB
VC: EVGA 9600GT Overclocked (from old build)
Upgrading from a AMD X2 3800+, 4GB DDR2, DFI Lanparty UT. No matter how much I OCd it, I was already feeling the slowness of it. I don't game much so it will be mostly use to rip, encode, burn DVDs and BRs.
Picked the case because I already have a P180 which I loved. The MB and Heatsink were the hardest decisions. Went with EVGA since I loved their product quality and support. Went with the Megahalems after reading a bunch of reviews that it matched or in some cases surpassed the TRUE's perfomance.
see sig
That'll be night and day when encoding. Now upgrade that video card!
If you think thats bad, i'm running a 7950 gt with a 920.
because a PM would've been too much effort? LOL.Digging up an older thread to contact the OP re: his experience with a SUPERMICRO CSE-M35T-1B. I'm contemplating using one in a smaller chassis (FT01). Please contact via PM.
CPU i7 920
MB Rampage 2 extreme
RAM 12GB OCZ reaper and platinum 1866MHZ
------------------
OC
OC 4.3GHz at 1.48V HT off
Heatercore water cooling
Temp 40 idle, 79-80ish load
i am not sure if temps are ok? i have a monster heater core, i was hoping little less.