Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I just love these Red HD-595's.

red-magic-6.jpg

red-magic-7.jpg

One of these babies hasn't found a home yet.

my goodness those are beautiful. are you selling them? and for how much?
:D

tim-x said:
my goodness those are beautiful. are you selling them? and for how much?
:D

Yes, I am. I've sold 4 so far, these are the last ones. One has allready been sold, so one is still lonely. It goes for 235 USD including worldwide shipping, plus 3% paypal. I'm not making any money off these, so that's why I'm stopping with selling them now. These things go like stink. :)

digitalmind said:
I spot AKG K701, HD-595, HD-600 (the marble is the giveaway), SR225's, ATH A700/900?, new DT770. :)

Very nice collection!
new DT880s and AT A900s. Thanks :)

skudmunky said:
Oh well, I'm sure something will step up to replace it as the "hella tiny" amp.

And maybe this will be it: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=180196

About the comparison of the A700 and DT770, I can be pretty short on that.

I spent the day switching back and forth between the A700 and the DT770 today.

The best way to describe the DT770 would be as a A700 on steriods. If you dont like the A700, I don't think you'll like the DT770. The DT770 has the same characteristics as the A700, but even more extreme.
The bass of the A700 is fairly heavy, the DT770's bass is very heavy.
The A700's midrange is a bit held back, the DT770 is held back even more.
The A700's highs are more pronounced as the midrange, and the same is true for the DT770.
The main difference is the bass quantity and quality, the rest is pretty much the same. The DT770 has a bigger and heavier bass than the A700, but is also more controlled. I prefer the DT770 for most of my music (electronica), but for the more acoustic music which I sometimes listen, I pick the A700. I find it a very fun headphone though, and very comfortable. For a relaxed listen, I think the A700 is better, but when you want a huge smile on your face with electronica, pick the DT770.

That said, the A700 is for sale. Check head-fi's for sale section if interested.

Here are my two headphones: the DT880 and the A900 LTD -- please excuse the quality of the pics, as I don't have a headphone stand. The lighting condition is also quite poor.

Audio-Technica A900 LTD:

Beyerdynamic DT880:

Both headphones:

Edit: oh crap...got to quickly resize as thumbs...

Edit2: the A900 LTD looks a LOT dustier than it actually is in real life...

DSCN0089.jpg

Senns3.jpg

HD280pro's...nothing too fancy, but I enjoy them as they're my first cans of any type of decent qualtiy. Plus the coiled chord is really awesome, I think.

This just showed up at my door...

ohnoes.jpg

Hey, look! It's my new SR225

ohnoes2.jpg

This is starting to get serious, I've got over 350 dollars worth of headphones here.

group.jpg

Some of my friends think I'm insane now! :D

Tip of the iceberg my friend... there is a whole world of crazy just around the corner. :D

Back at home from college for the summer.
Got myself a Beyerdynamic DT770pro a few months back, and am enjoying them a lot.
Thinking of getting another amp for the headphones, one that's a little more stationary and doesn't move around as much as the PA2v2. (as well as a speaker upgrade... but that's for another thread).

dt770pro.jpg

full workstation pic

towert7, nice Headphile stand. Bloodwood?
You see the 15 singles Larry just did? Crazy stuff.

skud, how do you like those Grado 225s???

I just noticed I have that same lamp as well. :cool:

Mine is the Paduak wood from Larry. A tad bit on the pricey side (for me), but what a job he did! I couldn't be happier!
Edit: I can see how it looks like bloodwood (the camera added a little orange tint, but its more red then orange)

towert7 said:
Mine is the Paduak wood from Larry. A tad bit on the pricey side (for me), but what a job he did! I couldn't be happier!
Edit: I can see how it looks like bloodwood (the camera added a little orange tint, but its more red then orange)
Yeah Larry does excellent work. I have Bubinga and Cocobolo doubles coming soon. Cannot wait.

dscn21004uk.jpg
dscn21029yi.jpg

Source: Sony DVP-CX77ES, Processor: Victor SU-DH1, Output: Panasonic RP-HT355 (soon to be replaced :))()

Congrats akwok! Awesome.

Just got a new toy in the mail today.
17dk3.jpg

23in.jpg

31mb.jpg

47ce.jpg

Now I know what the Grado love is about, this is great! It's just been on for about 15 minutes, but it sounds very nice allready. Mr. DT770 will not be sleeping on the stand anymore. :D

Those grado's are a beauity, as is your whole setup (so clean looking). After you get used to them for a few days, do you think you could PM me with quick comparison to the DT770pro? I'm very interested in a comparison of the two.

~Enjoy them

towert7 said:
Those grado's are a beauity, as is your whole setup (so clean looking). After you get used to them for a few days, do you think you could PM me with quick comparison to the DT770pro? I'm very interested in a comparison of the two.

~Enjoy them

Thanks. :)
Will deffinitly do. Right now I'm still in the "this is so great and fast that I'm going to sell my DT770"-stage, but that's probally because I just got them. Still, the sound is so much faster and leaner than the DT770, just more playfull. It doesn't have the extreme low and heavy bass that the DT770 does so well, but it's a lot more punchy and well, fun. Guitars sound a lot more aggressive and alive, just like it should. This is judged from a bit of electroclash. I suspect that for house, techno, etc, the DT770's will still be the better headphone, but for all else, the SR-325i is the way to go for me from now on. I'll let them burn in for a day or two, then to a better comparison.

I can't wait till I get the EC-01 that I grabbed from the blind auction on head-fi. Should be a great combination.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/eddiecurrent/ec01.html

piako said:
770 | 325

7705sv.png
|
325i8dg.png

I've seen them. Freq graphs show little about how a headphone truly sounds though, it sais nothing about the speed and accuracy of the headphone. Still, the graphs say pretty much the same as I'm hearing, the SR-325i has less bass but nice mids and treble. Thanks for dropping them here though, could be helpful. :)

I received my 650s today. I've been running 570s for a couple years and recently added a cmoy. The 650s add more bass and some clarity, but that's about it. I think my 650s might be going back, heh.

Took some full setup shots.

78zy.jpg

69fa1.jpg

91lu.jpg

Changing records is a PITA in this position. I'm considering moving all the headphone gear into there, then placing the turntable on my desk. It just takes up a heck of a lot of room. :(

Excuse the blurryness. It's late, I'm tired, and my hand isn't all that steady. (No, not because of too much of you know what. :D)

Thanks. :)

I'm considering selling the turntable, the firestone stack, and the logitech speakers in favor of a optical out for my laptop, a standalone dac and standalone cd player. I hardly use the turntable, so it's a waste to have it sitting in a cupboard getting no playtime, and I have a better amp on the way (offcourse, I don't know if I'll like it better but I suspect so).

Rearranged a bit today:
desk5qd.jpg

desk25ei.jpg

Beautifull Grado pics! :cool:

Too bad about the lettering on the HP1000 series though, that always seems to happen. :(

kaidomac said:
I received my 650s today. I've been running 570s for a couple years and recently added a cmoy. The 650s add more bass and some clarity, but that's about it. I think my 650s might be going back, heh.

I think you should #1, allow your 650's to properly break in.. and #2, get something with a little more juice than a cmoy to feed your 650's. You should notice a pretty noticeable difference once you break them in and give them the power they need. It was a night and day difference with my 770's after I let them break in. I don't think you aren't getting the most out of your cans with a cmoy. The 650's are pretty hard to drive.. I can barely push my 770's with one.

Mister X said:
MAKE IT STOP!!!!
evilgrin.gif

Don't be a hater misterX ;)

The Shure E2Gs
IMGP1258.jpg

Audio Technica A900s
IMGP1253.jpg

IMGP1252.jpg

Stand with A900s, MS-1s, and a friends Millet Hybrid (which I love)
IMGP1256.jpg

IMGP1255.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back