Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You betcha.

Yes, they are driving the HD650s. It sounds marvelous too, with the HD650s that is -- as good as I've ever heard them (and I've paired them with a lot of high quality amps and sourcesstuff).

Just make sure you get the DAC with it (the amp is great, but the DAC is killer).

I would definitely get the Picos over the Tomahawks regardless -- they're not even in the same class..

I have heard a Tomahawk and a Raptor via several different cans,and a few IEMs (SF5 pro/jays d's,shure se210k) and loved what I heard.Not to mention the insane battery life which beats the pico into the ground (20 versus 400).Maybe I'll change my mind when I hear a pico,but who knows ? :confused:

I will be ordering a Tomahawk and Predator on Monday.I am thinking about getting on the waiting list for the pico as well,but I am unsure.The warranty on the Predator (lifetime) and a few other things on my buyer checklist,are making it hard to go with Justin.

I am sure the pico is great,but I know what I heard and know what I like,and as the saying goes,if it aint broke why fix it ? :) Still,I hope you enjoy your amp and get tons of use out of it ! :)

I'm finally getting around to putting up my precious Beyerdynamic DT770 "Darth Zebra" cans!
Probably the best PC/Tech/Audio/etc related purchase I've ever made. They are glorious. I bet they could use a better amp tho.... but this Misterx Pimeta has been serving me well :)

OOOO sweet, I was going to get my DT770 darthed, but decided to get the Denon D2000 instead :)

I'll post some pictures when the denon gets here :) w00t

Didn't want to post a new thread. Can you guys identify the model of these Shure earphones? Someone is having me pick a gift from a website and the website has very poor descriptions of items. Also, are they any good? I am not all that picky. I am sick of the shitty stock Apple headphones though.

Thanks

118208_600.jpg

Let's see:

1) Get cool lights on keyboard

2) go from crap sound to really really big jump in sound quality.

I'd go for #2

Or if you really want the keyboard

Get the Koss KSC-75 + the Saitek

The Koss will sound great and is a very good intro high quality headphones. Probably sound better than the shures because it's not in ear solution.

Well I wish the site had more options but they don't. I am going to go with the white SE210s. May not be anything too special, but they should be a HUGE step up from the soup cans Apple gives us. Thanks for the advice guys!

lol, I guess I better put [H] in my sig at head-fi now for future discounts :D

Yeah fees are ridiculous especially for big priced items, but I usually aim for a price and include the fees in the price so I usually get what I want :)

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

Here's some pics before I send the beyers and hornet off to their new owners, traded the beyers for some grados sr225 because I have never heard the "grado" sound before, although the denon's are the perfect headphones for me :)

If you like the Denons, you should be very happy with the Grados. This coming from someone who loves his Denons, I miss the Grado sound very much. I will have a pair again soon.

I never stop loving the pads on them Beyerdynamics, I absolutely had to get the Beyer pads for my MDR-V6's but I really wish they were that grey color. I've been thinking of picking up some new cans pretty soon... maybe the Beyerdynamics!? And by the way those Denon cans are hot!

I've also been toying with the idea of building my own headphone amp... I am most excellent with a soldering iron and circuits... and I have access to some pretty good components since my dad is head of avionics @ Gulfstream. If I have a go at it, I'll post the results on here. I've built many things, but never tried an amp... I guess I need to try... so if any of you guys have any special pointers I would be interested to know what they are. I would love to make a good amp for my computer.

I've also been toying with the idea of building my own headphone amp... I am most excellent with a soldering iron and circuits... and I have access to some pretty good components since my dad is head of avionics @ Gulfstream. If I have a go at it, I'll post the results on here. I've built many things, but never tried an amp... I guess I need to try... so if any of you guys have any special pointers I would be interested to know what they are. I would love to make a good amp for my computer.[/quote]

Here is a place to start

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/

Have any of you guys compared the Sennheiser HD590 to the HD600? I have a pair of 590s that I run straight out of an X-Fi for gaming that are broken and are in for repair, but I might replace them with a pair of HD600s.

If I got the HD600s I would also add a discrete headphone amp like a pro-ject headbox ii. Do you guys think this setup with be significantly better than my 590s right out of the sound card. I get great results with the 590s that way but I would like to take it up another notch or two.

I've owned the 580s (same cable/driver as the 600s) and 590s simultaeously and have listened extensively to the 600s. While the 590s are some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned (the 600 can clamp a bit, but it gets better over time), the 600 are multiple orders of magnitude better in sound quality.

I've owned the 580s (same cable/driver as the 600s) and 590s simultaeously and have listened extensively to the 600s. While the 590s are some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned (the 600 can clamp a bit, but it gets better over time), the 600 are multiple orders of magnitude better in sound quality.

Yes the 590s are comfortable which is a big part of their charm. How would you describe the difference in sound quality?

The 600s have more detail, more soundstage, much cleaner bass, and better treble, provided that they're amped.

Can't you just throw on the HD600's grills and change out the cables on the HD580 and they'll be 99% identical? :)

The cables are identical. If you can find a paid of 600 grills (they're tough to track down), yes, it'll be essentially identical.

Wow, I step away from the Headphone scene for a few weeks and come back to see they're phasing out the DT-770's? :(

Are they coming out with new ones? Headroom is out of them...

a pimeta that MisterX built for me when my cmoy wasn't cutting it in the bass department.. dual rechargeable 9v's ftw!

speaking of MisterX.. anyone hear from him? He hasn't been on [H] since dec it looks like. Sent him a pm but no response.

pimeta.jpg

a pimeta that MisterX built for me when my cmoy wasn't cutting it in the bass department.. dual rechargeable 9v's ftw!

speaking of MisterX.. anyone hear from him? He hasn't been on [H] since dec it looks like. Sent him a pm but no response.

[/QUOTE]

Man, that makes me miss my Pimeta. Not as common these days, but still a pretty good value IMO.

MisterX has been online, although not on [H]. He's still alive. :)

pimeta.jpg

I should get mine back from the friend I loaned it too...

what op-amps? how long is the battery life with those stacked buffers?

Talked to him online just a few days ago. He's off being grumpy about the lovely Michigan weather :p

I should get mine back from the friend I loaned it too...

what op-amps? how long is the battery life with those stacked buffers?

I got the pimeta primarily for lan parties and I've been able to go through a full lan party and some of the day after...I would say about 7-8 hours or so. I usually plug it in if there are jacks available though. opamps are ad8620s and use them with my Viper87227 modded DT770's. :) (reminds me.. I've been meaning to post some pics)

My first amp was a Mr.X pimeta with a plug in power supply and some Senns 580's...and my whole world changed.
Then someone suggest I get a E-Mu 404 modded
Then someone sugested I upgrade to Senns 650
Then someone said "Oh No!"...get an E-Mu 1212
Then someone said.."You have'nt heard a PPAv2"
Then someone said.."My God Man! you don't have a DAC"
Then someone said.."Have you heard a Juli@ sound card"
Then someone said.."Real Men use Tube Amps"
Then someone said.."A Beta 22 is better than sex"
I need a cigarette

So I think I will be replacing my HD590s with the HD600s and a Pro-Ject Headbox SE II amp. Hopefully there will be a significant improvement in games but I am not expecting that much. I do think there will be a significant improvement when connected to my hi-fi.

http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=headboxse&cat=accessories&lang=en

Power output 700mW/30ohms, 110mW/300ohms
Headphone connection > 30 ohms
Signal to noise 110dB (115dB - A weighted) at full output
Frequency response 20Hz – 20kHz/-0,03dB
THD (IMD) 0,003%/30ohms, 0,007%/300ohms
Gain 12dB
Headphone jacks 3-pole ¼" (6,3mm Ø) phono socket
Power supply type Mains-fed outboard power supply
Output voltage 16V/1.000mA AC
Power consumption 16V/230mA AC
Dimension W x H x D 103 x 72 x 151mm
Weight 1.080g without power supply

Improvement in games? I think there will be a decrease in gaming performance, you get better bass but I doubt the HD600 can match the fun signature of the HD590's, maybe slightly recessed mids/brighter than the HD600 which should sound more laid back and smooth.

Improvement in games? I think there will be a decrease in gaming performance, you get better bass but I doubt the HD600 can match the fun signature of the HD590's, maybe slightly recessed mids/brighter than the HD600 which should sound more laid back and smooth.

Well, more laid back and smooth with better bass is exactly what I am looking for. Also, the HD600 are supposed to have excellent imaging when amped.

Well, more laid back and smooth with better bass is exactly what I am looking for. Also, the HD600 are supposed to have excellent imaging when amped.

the dt770's also have excellent imaging and probably better for gaming then the 580's or 600's. I loved my 580's but I didn't really dig the build quality (600's maybe better?) and any quantity of bass would cause them to bottom at normal volumes. If you go to lans and do a lot of gaming.. you should definitely look at the 770's. They are built like tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back