Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture1869ju.jpg

Sennheisers HD555s and a pair of HD 457s, but to be totally honest the 457s are WAY better in sound, but not in comfort.

really looked like a condom at first glance. My mind just wasnt on headphones.

File said:
really looked like a condom at first glance. My mind just wasnt on headphones.

Same thing imo. A condom's just an illusion to something greater...

It truly pains my heart to see folks walking around "ALL OVER ARIZONA" with those damn headphones!!
:confused: :confused:

i love my Sennheiser 580 PRecisions - had them for about 2 years now and i LOVE them, i am not an AudioPhile by far but when i got these WOW!! things never sounded so awsome, movies! games out to my AMP, incredible, would recommend them to anyone!! i think they cost me about $270US ? back then.

01.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

To answer the age old question.....

What kind of a tube amp do you get for $70?

HPIM2251.jpg

Elderblaze said:
Audio Rig: X-Fi Coax Out >> Dialogue II >> RnB Audio Starquad RCA >> Headroom Millet Hybrid (Home Module) +DPS >> DT880
hr_desktop.jpg

Love the entire setup. I'll take that amp off your hands for $50 because I know it takes up too much space on your desk. Think of it as me doing you a favor!

Anyone want to trade headphones? I got my Senn HD-595 for xmas and I just don't like them lol...I like "fun bass"...and these are to acurate :(

strid3r said:
Starting off the year right: Singlepower PPX3
Strid3r, how has that singlepower worked out for you so far? For ~500$ its a consideration for me.

I love the piano black. I am getting so tired of the brushed aluminum look. :p Sweet SP you got thar.

Hmm, no pics but I've got a pair of Sennheiser HD650 + X-Can v3 amplifier, and a pair of HD555's which I use without amp and stuff in my gaming computer ;). Too scared to use those HD650's in a computer :D Don't ask why, please! :p

Mister X said:
Ohhhhh Purdy toobs. :p

How does it sound?

It sounds pretty darn good. I'm pretty happy with the amp, although I did have some initial confusion with the tubes. I just have to go and make me some cables for the amp now as I'm using some Rat Shack stuff. I'm going to listen to it for a week or so and go back to the Pimeta for a comparison (though I doubt there will be one).

strid3r said:
It sounds pretty darn good. I'm pretty happy with the amp, although I did have some initial confusion with the tubes. I just have to go and make me some cables for the amp now as I'm using some Rat Shack stuff. I'm going to listen to it for a week or so and go back to the Pimeta for a comparison (though I doubt there will be one).
Yea, I noticed that on the other forum....... mislabled tube package... strange.

Well, after you get familiar with it, ide be interested in what you think. I had ruled out tube amps before, but the price diffrence might not be that much.... I just don't know if im into servicing a headphone amp yet.

~Thanks

Congrats on the PPX3 strid3r! I too am planning on getting one, or a MapleTree Ear+ Purist soon. So many decisions! :D

Please be sure to let us know how it sounds compared to your Pimeta with the HD-600 :)

saturnine2 said:
Congrats on the PPX3 strid3r! I too am planning on getting one, or a MapleTree Ear+ Purist soon. So many decisions! :D

Please be sure to let us know how it sounds compared to your Pimeta with the HD-600 :)

Thanks! I was also planning on getting the MAD Ear+, but Mikhail gave me a good deal I couldn't pass on. I was interested in both of them ever since I got to listen to them at the Boston Head-fi meet a while ago. I'll start up a new thread for comparisons, hopefully school won't get in the way.

Setup update (sold the L3000 + DHA3000)

DSC00433.JPG

DSC00441.JPG

DSC00444.JPG

PS-Audio UPC-200, Benchmark DAC-1, Stax 007t, Sennheiser Baby Orpheus

And some behind the scenes stuff, :D

You come back to Team Sennheiser, Adrian... nice to see that you have come to your senses. :p

This is Joey_V from headfi btw.

Pinipig523 said:
You come back to Team Sennheiser, Adrian... nice to see that you have come to your senses. :p

This is Joey_V from headfi btw.

Eventually you have to go back to Sennheiser.. *cough*Orpheus*cough*

:D

Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro.
ue_pro.jpg

I love these little guys. I only wish I got them in clear, but that would mean getting them for retail price.

akwok said:
Setup update (sold the L3000 + DHA3000)
DSC00444.JPG

I noticed that you've got the Slim Devices: Squeezebox. I was looking into purchasing one of those. The reviews I've come accross seem to praise it. Do you have any thoughts? How is it connected in your audio setup?

Amazing setup, looks about 2 grand worth of audio equipment. I'd love to splurge some cash on all of that but college takes precidence at the moment. Maybe I'll check the Squeeze Box out more when summer approaches and I have some money.

mj-barton said:
I noticed that you've got the Slim Devices: Squeezebox. I was looking into purchasing one of those. The reviews I've come accross seem to praise it. Do you have any thoughts? How is it connected in your audio setup?

Amazing setup, looks about 2 grand worth of audio equipment. I'd love to splurge some cash on all of that but college takes precidence at the moment. Maybe I'll check the Squeeze Box out more when summer approaches and I have some money.

I love the Squeezebox, purely as transport. I did not buy it solely for it's streaming capatabilities. The digital out is of extremely high quality, there was a noticeable difference over my AV-710 Bitperfect.

The setup is actually around 5 grand worth of audio equipment.. hehe.

DAC-1: $975
Stax 007t: $1500
HE60 => Stax Adapter: $150
Silver 8-braid w/ WBT Nextgen-Ag: $350
Kimber AGDL: $150
UPC-200: $400
HE60/HEV70: $1600-$2000
Squeezebox: $300

akwok said:
I love the Squeezebox, purely as transport. I did not buy it solely for it's streaming capatabilities. The digital out is of extremely high quality, there was a noticeable difference over my AV-710 Bitperfect.

The setup is actually around 5 grand worth of audio equipment.. hehe.

DAC-1: $975
Stax 007t: $1500
HE60 => Stax Adapter: $150
Silver 8-braid w/ WBT Nextgen-Ag: $350
Kimber AGDL: $150
UPC-200: $400
HE60/HEV70: $1600-$2000
Squeezebox: $300

I hate you. That's not fair!

here's what I'm running: Zen Micro (inna tin) self built CMoy amp, Koss portaPros.

portablerig.jpg

saturnine2 said:
New amp :) Another MisterX job, a portable Pimeta!

p11701950ga.jpg

Your IEMs are better than mine. I should probably begin making an amp for mine.

Well, I've made a bunch of changes to my audio setup... but I think I will wait until my 6H30 tube amp is out of the prototype stage before I post pictures.
Mister X said:
K26-Ps
And I kind of like them thanks very much.
I liked them a fair amount when I got them as well... my coworker who bought them off of me loves them. I really can't understand all the bad press these get.
Mister X said:
Should we just call you Bangraman from now on?
LOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back