Post your desktop

desktop.jpg

I think some are saying WindowBlinds can change the start button as well now. So that might give you two choices in fact. Technically speaking, do a little modifying of explorer and you can manually change it yourself even. d-:

BTW, Zardoz, have you really themed it at all? Other than the resized taskbar and a new bg, doesn't look very customized. Please tell me you don't have the taskbar set to always on top with it set so big... Either way, that thing would drive me to absolute certifyable insanity within aproximately 5 seconds. ^_^

I only only use Windows for gaming and the occasional P2P, so mine doesnt look all that awesome or anything...
bg53.jpg

saturnine2 said:
I only only use Windows for gaming and the occasional P2P, so mine doesnt look all that awesome or anything...
bg53.jpg

Who cares, theres girl on girl action!

Ali Landry. She's hot! The bottom girl is Maria sombody. They never kissed each other, so far as I am aware. :D

Yeah, I like my Winamp big because sometimes I load a couple of hundred songs in the playlist, and I don't want to strain to see them.

An aside:
The Warez Warrior is used to test my security. So far, it has never picked up anything. That 98 install is less than 100MB, not counting programs...no HTML, etc, etc.

You may have noticed that I'm a big gamer. I have Memory Blocks!

GeForceX said:
Aw dude... How'd you get the changed style/font for the Start button etc... Is that longhorn I see?

What's that about WindowsFD?

-J.

It's a visual style I got from neowin.net. Got the wall paper from wincustomize. I like it because it looks different than the standard interface but it's still very functional.

navicaph said:

Wait, so can I just get that color and menu style, without the whole OSX theme? I don't like the icons on the bottom, and I'd want the task bar on the bottom as well, and the old school start menu, however still retain the style of the menu and windows as well as the color. Can I do that? Can you list everything you've done to your desktop?

EmptyWallet said:
Wait, so can I just get that color and menu style, without the whole OSX theme? I don't like the icons on the bottom, and I'd want the task bar on the bottom as well, and the old school start menu, however still retain the style of the menu and windows as well as the color. Can I do that? Can you list everything you've done to your desktop?
Sounds like a plan. I'd like to try it too, if I could do a minimalist tweak like EmptyWallet describes. I don't know anything about theme stuff, so is it possible?

I've seen many many desktop pics through many forums, and so far I never seen any one use the taskbar like me
desktop.JPG

I learned of it from a friend some years back and have ever since kept it there from 98se all the way to XP pro, easy and convient for me to use. Everything is where I need it to be for easy opening.
The bottom Quicklaunch bar is an experiment to see if I like it, Quicklaunch used to be under START menu. Notice MyComputer to the right, fast browsing of files without opening windows.

EmptyWallet said:

VS: Black K-OSX
Wallpaper: "Growing Grasses 1 of 2"
ObjectDock, using Apple and Longhorn icons
LClock

You can put the taskbar at the bottom, and I believe you can retain the style. You can just download it and give it a try.

navicaph said:
VS: Black K-OSX
Wallpaper: "Growing Grasses 1 of 2"
ObjectDock, using Apple and Longhorn icons
LClock

You can put the taskbar at the bottom, and I believe you can retain the style. You can just download it and give it a try.

Awesome. Where did you get that visual style from? What are you using to implement it, stylexp or the manual workaround?

djnes said:
My work desktop....resized for your viewing enjoyment:

desktop.jpg

can you actually get that black taskbar without having to install some damn skinning prog?

anyways, heres my desktop...

desktop.jpg

TsayYote said:
correct you are sir. That is coolmon. I got the configuration from BennyB with a few things I added; I can post the configuration if you'd like. As for the theme, I use StyleXP with theme "521-chrome4[XP]2G" (Car not included in the theme, but it fits perfectly with the colors of the theme!). I looked on themexp.org for this theme, but only found this theme, which is similar but not exact. If anyone wants it, PM me, or I can host it.

can you please post that coolmon config? looks nice..

OwNjaH said:
can you actually get that black taskbar without having to install some damn skinning prog?

Not that I'm aware of...but it would be nice if you could.

EmptyWallet said:
Awesome. Where did you get that visual style from? What are you using to implement it, stylexp or the manual workaround?

The VS came with an installer.

I like my XP desktop on my notebook to be clean and simple. But i think it looks good and does the job.

desktop link HERE

Here is the seccond desktop I run on my notebook. Its clean and nice looking and works just like the other.

desktop link HERE

If you want the BG's I got them off of deviant art, I will point you to them, or I supose I could hoste them. Or you can shoot me a pm if need be.

NegativeZERO said:
I like my XP desktop on my notebook to be clean and simple. But i think it looks good and does the job.

desktop link HERE

If you want the BG's I got them off of deviant art, I will point you to them, or I supose I could hoste them. Or you can shoot me a pm if need be.

I think she looks top heavy :D

id9984.jpg

just for the record, XP has built in support for themes, what do you think happens under the Display Properties, appearance tab. Do a google search for uxtheme.dll to learn how to use it.

djnes said:
Not that I'm aware of...but it would be nice if you could.

ive heard bad stories about windows skinning programs on how the whole damn thing would turn black and stuff... what software do you people recommend that isnt gona install spyware or screw up windows alltogether?

OwNjaH said:
can you please post that coolmon config? looks nice..

Coolmon config per your request :)

Code:
<C:$FDFDFD>+-----</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| CPU-Usage  : <b><NAME=ProcUsage LEADZERO SIZE=2 FORMAT="ALL">%</b> <PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>+-----------------------------------+</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| TEMP  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| CPU Temp: <b><NAME=Temp2 FORMAT="F">º</b></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Ambient Temp: <b><NAME=Temp1 FORMAT="F">º</b></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>+-----------------------------------+
<C:$FDFDFD>| RAM  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Total: <b><NAME=RAMTotal> MB</b> <b><NAME=PageTotal> MB</b><PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Used : <b><NAME=RAMUsed> MB</b> <b><NAME=PageUsed> MB</b><PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Free : <b><NAME=RAMFree> MB</b> <b><NAME=PageFree> MB</b><PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| DISK  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| C:\ <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=2 FORMAT="C FREE"> MB Free<PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| F:\ <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=2 FORMAT="F FREE"> MB Free<PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| G:\ <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=2 FORMAT="G FREE"> MB Free<PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Free <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL FREE">MB out of <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL TOTAL SPACE">MB</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| NETWORK  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Downstream:  <NAME=NetRead LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL"> KB/s <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Upstream: <NAME=NetWrite LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL"> KB/s <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Download:  <NAME=NetSumRead LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL" DIV=1024> MB <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Upload: <NAME=NetSumWrite LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL" DIV=1024> MB <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Power Source: <NAME=Source SIZE=5></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| UPTIME \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| <NAME=Uptime FORMAT="*d* Days, *H* Hrs, *M* Mins" SIZE=20><PIXELSTART=252></C>

TsayYote said:
Coolmon config per your request :)

Code:
<C:$FDFDFD>+-----</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| CPU-Usage  : <b><NAME=ProcUsage LEADZERO SIZE=2 FORMAT="ALL">%</b> <PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| TEMP  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| CPU Temp: <b><NAME=Temp2 FORMAT="F">º</b></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Ambient Temp: <b><NAME=Temp1 FORMAT="F">º</b></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>+-----------------------------------+
<C:$FDFDFD>| RAM  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Total: <b><NAME=RAMTotal> MB</b> <b><NAME=PageTotal> MB</b><PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Used : <b><NAME=RAMUsed> MB</b> <b><NAME=PageTotal> MB</b><PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Free : <b><NAME=RAMFree> MB</b> <b><NAME=PageFree> MB</b><PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| DISK  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| C:\ <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=2 FORMAT="C FREE"> MB Free<PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| F:\ <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=2 FORMAT="F FREE"> MB Free<PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| G:\ <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=2 FORMAT="G FREE"> MB Free<PIXELSTART=252></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Free <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL FREE">MB out of <NAME=DriveSpace SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL TOTAL SPACE">MB</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| NETWORK  \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Downstream:  <NAME=NetRead LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL"> KB/s <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Upstream: <NAME=NetWrite LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL"> KB/s <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Download:  <NAME=NetSumRead LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL" DIV=1024> MB <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Upload: <NAME=NetSumWrite LEADZERO DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="ALL" DIV=1024> MB <PIXELSTART=252><C:$999999></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| Power Source: <NAME=Source SIZE=5></C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| UPTIME \</C>
<C:$FDFDFD>| <NAME=Uptime FORMAT="*d* Days, *H* Hrs, *M* Mins" SIZE=20><PIXELSTART=252></C>

sweet, thanks.

Back