Post your cramped microATX build...

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
ps3system.jpg

crampedmatx.jpg

I don't have room for anything else! :D. Thank goodness for those 3.5" bays, because I don't know where else I'd be able to stuff those psu wires. Case is a coolermaster elite. 5850 was just installed recently. CPU HS is a Scythe brand, forgot what model. I can oc the processor to 3.6ghz just fine as well on this set up. Oh yah, running a blu ray drive, and dvdrw drive.... Rest of the specs in sig. Cheers :)

It looks like your HD is bending up the 5850. Why not mount it higher in the case?

It looks like your HD is bending up the 5850. Why not mount it higher in the case?

You know it just looks that way. There is actually thin spacing between the graphics card and hard drive...they don't even touch.

I'm repinning the PSU, right now.

Typically, the 9600GSO is installed, for folding. The back lip is bent up to support this.

It's currently being worked on, it however, typically is on my desk.
The WiFi sliver (it's small) is also hooked up to the metal band of my bulletin board, normally.

Like how you used that laptop hard drive stand. I'm going to have to order one of those. Really wish I had a removable motherboard tray, as there is no way to screw one of the corners of the motherboard in with the heat sink on.

Does you case open up from the other side? If so, you may install the mobo first, the PSU second, then mount the HSF (it HUGE!:eek:).

Love your setup :)

Not sure what cooler I have. I googled the mini ninja and that HS only supports an 80mm fan. As you can see I have 120mm fans all around.

I like this thread so far, keep it going with the pics, these little pc's are amazingly badass.

Does you case open up from the other side? If so, you may install the mobo first, the PSU second, then mount the HSF (it HUGE!:eek:).

Love your setup :)

The other side opens but the psu won't fit through from the other side. I would say it's border line impossible to install that heat sink with the motherboard mounted as well.

Threw in some left over stuff as a backup.. I'll be cramping it even more this weekend with going two 3780's CF.. :D

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

Is that a CUBE or a stubby mini-tower? ;)

Aspire X-Qpack, v1or 2, or a renamed version of it.
These were really popular when they came out, I had one myself for a while. If you get the right hardware to go in it you can make it just as powerful as a full tower. When I had mine there was only one really good MB for it, now theres several great boards that will work and some of them even allow Crossfire or SLI.

In future I might cut some holes for better cable management, this will do for now :)

i just ordered some parts for a new micro build. ill post it up in here once im finished :)

great builds guys

this is my newest build in a cooler master elite 341...specs are in sig

img1110n.jpg

img1134z.jpg

img1138gr.jpg

img1132v.jpg

img1127.jpg

Last edited:
mATXBuild.jpg

Here is my most recent build. This is a great little computer. I am going to upgrade the fans to Noctuas to make it whisper quiet, but so far it's great. Also, waiting on my Qmicra from FrozenCPU.

HX1000 is such overkill for that rig, wouldn't you prefer a smaller PSU? BTW Sexy ass machine you got there :D

I don't think so, read his specs in his rig.

Also why would you put that radiator in the front. Wont it push it hot air?

I don't think so, read his specs in his rig.

Also why would you put that radiator in the front. Wont it push it hot air?

It will suck in cooler air. I can't set up the H50 the way Corsair wants or I would blow in hot air from the back. Also, I have 2 fans on the side panel as well, so that sucks out the extra heat. It works great. My i7 860 idles around 40 at 4.2 like this. I keep my house around 68 if that means anything to you.

mATXBuild.jpg

Here is my most recent build. This is a great little computer. I am going to upgrade the fans to Noctuas to make it whisper quiet, but so far it's great. Also, waiting on my Qmicra from FrozenCPU.

Hey, that case looks familiar, but with better wire management. :cool:. Best $20-30 case in town.

Neat to see some of these, I'm debating doing a HTPC, so to see some examples of uATX builds gives me ideas to some degree. I'll probably just put the case behind the TV instead of in my TV stand so seeing cases that aren't the traditional low profile HTPC cases is good for my potential build.

I keep second guessing myself on buying the Qmicra V2 just for the fact that I really like this case. The only other option would be a Silverstone TJ08 Black, but I hate spending another 100 on a case when I already have one. I will have to think about it pretty hard.

MassiveOverkills setup is pure badass! How loud is that monster?

Back