• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Post Your Connection Speed

Recently changed out my gateway and a modem reset lead to this:



Excellent. Besides their bandwidth caps, Comcast works great. A little pricey, but the speeds are crazy!

-darkmatter08
 
Meh, speedtests are useless with Comcast. They pick up the speedboost or whatever they are calling it instead of the true sustained DL speed.

I would like to see someone actually sustain 27.72Mbps while downloading a large file.
 
Meh, speedtests are useless with Comcast. They pick up the speedboost or whatever they are calling it instead of the true sustained DL speed.

I would like to see someone actually sustain 27.72Mbps while downloading a large file.

I don't think that's useless at all. That's what your rate is for the first 10 or so megs. It's nice to download small files in the blink of an eye, or have insane rates for the first third of that 30 meg file.

I could sustain 27 megs for both download AND upload at my office though :)
 
Ehh, the only files that I pay attention to how fast they are downloading is bittorent, and if you can't sustain that speed then its useless to me. <FiOS user. :)

Love being able to always max out my connection.
 
Ehh, the only files that I pay attention to how fast they are downloading is bittorent, and if you can't sustain that speed then its useless to me. <FiOS user. :)

Love being able to always max out my connection.

my state sucks, all we have is eaither Cox or AT&T, but AT&T is working on Fiber, U-verse
 
I live in rural Ontario, Canada and I am using a wireless ISP www.gbtel.ca $45 a month for these blazing speeds! Downloads at 55KB/s sustained and about 100-110KB/s burst


I can drive 10 minutes each way down the road I live on and use this uncapped monthly DSL that costs $35 a month.
 
I had to check my download for setting up traffic shaping on pfsense so I may as well bump this thread. This is the 2nd fastest package from my isp at $50/month. Its crap compared to most who posted here.
450667584.png

I tested a bunch of servers and all the Canadian ones suck so I used US ones and the South Dakota one was the fastest for me.
 
Looks like I'm still in the top few for slowest home connection. :cool:
 
Last edited:


mehh not to bad... i seem to get better speeds if i pick a server far away... when i pick the local ones i get crappy speeds

the closest one to me i get these...
 
Back
Top