Post Your College Setups!!!

is it just me or this room too neat dude live aa little get rid of that coaster!! :p

Why yes, I am a lazy ass who likes to lie on their bed and use the computer...and from reading this thread, I know that I am not alone...
IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

Work space is also necessary...
IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

As are hot women...
IMG_0423.jpg

Here's my setup:
86f5cd01.jpg

The 2nd monitor on the right is a LCD TV that I use as a 2nd screen when I'm not watching TV.

lol..hey jeff...what a small world we live in. nice shuttle there. i have the same mouse, keyboard and speakers. I have the same printer as well. Wow.

sandness said:
loft4sj.jpg

Thats basically how she's built- see, its not so bad?

LOL

You are a funny man.

How about using 4 4x4's instead? Then you can use ring the top with 2x4's and deskheight so then you have a desk and a bed and they are both sturdy and stable :)

Is anyone else lol'ing at the number of scarface posters in these pics? Your typical college dorm has posters of one or all of the following:

a) the two chicks making out ("kiss" poster)
b) scarface
c) bob marley
d) dave matthews
e) napoleon dynamite
f) periodic table of alcoholic beverages.

I find that pretty funny. I'm not perfect either, though. I have a kill bill poster, and that's pretty trendy too. Next time you walk down your residence though, count the scarface posters. You'll laugh.

[H]ard On said:
Is anyone else lol'ing at the number of scarface posters in these pics? Your typical college dorm has posters of one or all of the following:

b) scarface
c) bob marley
d) dave matthews
e) napoleon dynamite

I find that pretty funny. I'm not perfect either, though. I have a kill bill poster, and that's pretty trendy too. Next time you walk down your residence though, count the scarface posters. You'll laugh.
what about the poster that tells you all the different kind of shits there are?

dualdrop[H]enia

[H]ard On said:

b) scarface
c) bob marley
d) dave matthews
e) napoleon dynamite

haha, i'm in high school and have none of those posters. I have..
1. avenged sevenfold poster
2.School of rock(the movie) poster
3 Family guy poster.

Need more though, more family guy for sure, maybe some good movie posters too.

[H]ard On said:

b) scarface
c) bob marley
d) dave matthews
e) napoleon dynamite

In my day it was all about

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Resivoir Dogs
3. Bob Marley
4. Dave Matthews

10 years now since my freshman year of college, and it looks like 2 of those havent changed.

[H]ard On said:
Is anyone else lol'ing at the number of scarface posters in these pics? Your typical college dorm has posters of one or all of the following:\

John Belushi wearing the college shirt drinking whiskey. That tops what I see. Oh yeah, when I get back to school I will take pictures...I've been meaning to for so long.

I changed my room around, and so now my setup is different (and much better :D) I had two beds in my room, so I took one and put it under the other one, which gave me tons more space in my room.

The desk that everything is sitting on used to be in the far corner. The desk isn't supposed to be able to move :D

I still have that peice of plywood put to good use!

Here's a closeup of the speaker from the second picture. Speaker supports on the cheap :D I've got both of the left side speakers hung like that, the rear being on the opposite dresser.

Here's my laptop setup. Nothing special, really. You can see my right rear speaker on the bookshelf.

I doubt any of you have the same books I do. Except maybe the Java 5 book. Anyone have "Air Transportation: A Management Perspective"? "Instrument Procedures Handbook"? Didn't think so ;)

XcalibeR said:
I changed my room around, and so now my setup is different (and much better :D) I had two beds in my room, so I took one and put it under the other one, which gave me tons more space in my room.

The desk that everything is sitting on used to be in the far corner. The desk isn't supposed to be able to move :D

I still have that peice of plywood put to good use!

Here's a closeup of the speaker from the second picture. Speaker supports on the cheap :D I've got both of the left side speakers hung like that, the rear being on the opposite dresser.

Here's my laptop setup. Nothing special, really. You can see my right rear speaker on the bookshelf.

I doubt any of you have the same books I do. Except maybe the Java 5 book. Anyone have "Air Transportation: A Management Perspective"? "Instrument Procedures Handbook"? Didn't think so ;)

Hey man your pics arn't showing up for me.

sandness said:
loft4sj.jpg

You, sir, are a freaking genious. I work construction during breaks, my boss says I'm pretty creative, but I would NEVER have thought of that myself. To all the naysayers, that setup would actually be surprisingly stable. The only worries I would have would be the wood slipping left or right, most likely while either entering or exiting the bed. Put a few hurricane straps in the wall, and you wouldn't have to worry about that anymore either. And it's better than having 4x4's, cause then you dont' have the front supports getting in the way.

Kudos to you!

John Belushi wearing the college shirt drinking whiskey. That tops what I see.

Forgot about that one, tha'ts everywhere too. And 25% of people who have that poster have seen animal house, at least where I go to school. I've honestly had the following conversation:

Me: "Hey, sweet animal house, alright!"
Guy w/ poster: "Huh?"
Me: o_O.....The movie....
Guy: Oh, haha, yeah I heard it's awesome, I just like the poster.

Oh, and whoever said Pulp Fiction and Reservoir dogs, they're going strong too.

[H]ard On said:

b) scarface
c) bob marley
d) dave matthews
e) napoleon dynamite

ive got

Beatles - Abbey Road
Pulp Fiction (Jules and Vincent with the guns)
The Simpsons
Metallica - Master of Puppets
ATHF
and a big ol nirvana smily face banner.

my roomie has a bunch of those demodivational posters (underavhievement, indifference, and procrasitnation) as well as some abstract stuff.

i guess we're pretty atypical...

sandness said:
loft4sj.jpg

At the end of the day, the basic principle in mechanical engg. basically said that you are as strong as your weakest link. Looking at that diagram, I'll say the "Metal hook bolted to vertical 2 x 4", will eventually be pull out as that is the weakest pt. The part of the wood connected to that metal hook won't handle the wt., and eventually will come off due to the wt. on the top. At that moment, you better hope the chain can dangle the wt. of the bed.

Every time I see that pic all I think is how the hell does he get a girl up there... guess you make sure to go to her place :p

Happy Hopping said:
At the end of the day, the basic principle in mechanical engg. basically said that you are as strong as your weakest link. Looking at that diagram, I'll say the "Metal hook bolted to vertical 2 x 4", will eventually be pull out as that is the weakest pt. The part of the wood connected to that metal hook won't handle the wt., and eventually will come off due to the wt. on the top. At that moment, you better hope the chain can dangle the wt. of the bed.

Actually, I don't think that would be the weakest part. Provided that he did it right, that might actually be the strongest part. I would me worried about the bolt put through the side of the 2x4 at the top. Putting a bolt through the front would be stronger then, one through the side, especially if the bolt is any kind of thick. Say you had to sync a 1/2 in hole through the side to get the bolt in. That would leave half an inch to either side of the hole. The torque provided by the weight of the bed on the chain (and bed), mixed with time, would do wonders to that hole.

travis712 said:
Alright cool but this is post your college set ups not discuss into detail a bed.

wooooooooooooo
yay college
YAYEYEOIuj;dkjfpoije;wf
drnk is the shizzam!!

Z(+)DIAC said:
Try high school dropout.

Try drunk senior at UW madison with a semester away from a degree in electrical engineering with emphasis on power systems and automation control

bitches.

heh. Sorry about that, i was a little drunk :)

Octave said:
Try drunk senior at UW madison with a semester away from a degree in electrical engineering with emphasis on power systems and automation control

bitches.

heh. Sorry about that, i was a little drunk :)
That post deserves two quotes:
"I hate how unprofessional the world is comapred to the Marine Corps."
"Try high school dropout." <-- agreed :p

:( :Sigh: :(

towert7 said:
That post deserves two quotes:
"I hate how unprofessional the world is comapred to the Marine Corps."
"Try high school dropout." <-- agreed :p

:( :Sigh: :(

I prefer the quotes:

"Rum is a wonderful tool"
"I had something tonight and it rhymes with schmequilla"
"I went for a nightcap and overshot"

Ive said others, but those are a few good ones.

:D

edit: ill post a new pic of my modified college setup once i get around too it (christmas was good to me )

just2cool said:
Here's my tiny room (gotta love PSU dorms):
img
img
Next year, I'm moving into a 2,000 sq. ft palace with two other people:
haha that george carlin poster is awesome :D

My on-campus appartment. Click for a bigger one.

All that is missing from this shot is a dresser with a bunch of random things on it.

This will be my last year of school :)

i leave in 28 days to go too Nav Canada. 4 months in a hotel room
the dorms at nav canada have awesome setups. fully furnished.. carpets.. oh right

And maid services BITCHESSS!!! woo

it come with a maid every other day wooh oo. and fully cattered cafateria

got we traffic controllers get spoiled :)

pics to coem when i get my uber getup setup

ohhh did i mention works paying me to goto this class a full salary annnnd paying for the skewl :D

:p

stephen2002 said:
My on-campus appartment. Click for a bigger one.

All that is missing from this shot is a dresser with a bunch of random things on it.

This will be my last year of school :)

i like that picture style. tiss wut im gonna do :) bleed them. looking at a number of shot sin a circle is hard to orientate

Happy Hopping said:

He goes to Iowa State University and many of the dorms here have those kinds of ceilings. I slept in a loft like that for over a year, never a prob. Nearly everyone in the dorms here does. All the local hardware stores sell kits. As far as I know, there aren't really any problems but you still have to sign a waiver loft when you move in so the U isn't responsible. In fact, the only real problem is that sometimes people tend to roll over and out of the loft. And yes, fitting two people in one of those is tight but still quite fun ;) . Man I enjoyed my days spent living in "The Towers."

Yes please resize....I have that same alarm clock btw. I had that mousepad too, I threw it out though because it is a piece of worthless trash.

Back