• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your "Best Game Ever"

Killer Instinct for the SNES. No idea why, that game just sapped so much of my time and money. I ended up going through three controllers and an operation on my thumb because of the rolling that was required for the special moves. Man. Those were the days. I still play it every now and again.
Perfect Dark was another favourite. There was just something horrifically satisfying about shooting everyone in that game, and then seeing a hot chick with no blood on her suit at the end cutscene. Did wonders for me! :D
 
Gran Turismo serie (especially 3)
Half Life Serie
NFSU NFSU2 NFSMW
Call of Duty (both)
Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield (only game I ever played in a clan...just played too much of this game.
Warcraft 2 (my parents had a Home Theater store back then...hook up their accounting comp for hours :p)

Many others to list but not thinking about more at the moment.
 
Looking over the list and I notice alot of people either like the newer games much more, either forgot about their old gaming experiences or are all newish gamers. Gaming will never be as good as the old days, to be young again, ahhhhh................
 
bbertram said:
Looking over the list and I notice alot of people either like the newer games much more, either forgot about their old gaming experiences or are all newish gamers.

I'm guessing they're all young'uns.
 
Now that I think about it, the best games I've ever played that left the best impressions on me were made by one company. Through the Looking Glass, which ironically went out of business. http://www.ttlg.com

Ultima Underworld series
Thief series
System Shock series
 
As much as i like the graphics in the newer titles (HL2, etc) I've gotta give up a vote for MESSIAH. It was really fun possesing people and running them into their death only to possesss another helpless victim! The first Earthworm Jim sucked a lot of my time when it came out too :)
 
Grim Fandango!

Also a few others....
Super Mario 64
Goldeye Eye
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: Orcina of Time, Link to the Past, Majora's Mask
The Longest Journey
Final Fantasy VII
Chrono Trigger
Grand Theft SanAndreas
 
Oh, and how could I forget Sonic! I guess its too programmed into my head that Sonic = yes.

And I mean *every* Sonic. Sonic 1, Sonic CD, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Adventure(s), you name it, I love it...except for 3D Blast. I didn't care for that one too much
 
Based on the way I felt when I fist started playing the games for the first time I'd have to say for me its a tie between Mario 64 and resident evil(original). I was completely blown away by both and completely taken over by them and I simply cant pick a clear winner :(

Honorable mention to Deus Ex
 
Tribes 2 - I still play this game every once in a while, I've been playing for years.

Runners up:
FEAR - combat enthralled me
Super Mario Bros 3 - classic
Contra - also classic, good memories playing with my brothers
The Source Engine - the mods are great, as are the original games
TFC - the beginning
EVE - love the politics
 
Well, I can't pick just one.

So here are my top two.

2. Chrono Cross - I just fell in love with this game. When I heard there was a sequel to Chrono Trigger, I could hardly believe it. Since I picked up Chrono Trigger during the SNES last days, I had always dreamed of a sequel. But none of those dreams even came close to what Chrono Cross was. It's easily one of the best RPGs of all time. Beautiful graphics, incredibly unique and wonderful music (Mitsuda's best work I'd say) and a very thought provoking storyline. Not only was it a wonderfuly crafter storyline, but it also Strengthenthe old Chrono Trigger story by adding causes and effects (How can you mess around with the past and future and expect nothing to happen?). It's a true gem, and I've beat it around 15 times already. =)

1. Xenogears - Depite this games awful pixelated 3D graphics, low-resolution 2D sprites, mediocre voice acting, horrible frame rates, terrible repetive and unbalanced (is there any reason to use anyone but Citan by the end?) gameplay... This RPG delivers were it counts... and it's story redeems all. This is a true masterpiece in storytelling. It's one of those stories that will make you think, it will make you try... it will make you think about your own life and if you pay close attention you might just learn something very important when you are finished. This game covers over 60 hours and in the end you'll feel glad that you put in all that time.
 
2600 - Can't remember the name... you swung around on ropes and went underground... in a jungle somewhere. Man that was a LONG time ago!!!

Commodore 64 - Olympic Games, Silent Service, F-15, Spellunker, Ultima series. Man I had thousands of games for that! There was a PC store that rented games, and we could copy them ALL!

PC - DOOM, HL2, Far Cry, Battlefield 1942 - best online game STILL.

Seriously... go back to 42 you BF2 haters! It's da bomb. For shizzle.
 
EricDawg said:
2600 - Can't remember the name... you swung around on ropes and went underground... in a jungle somewhere. Man that was a LONG time ago!!!

Pitfall?
 
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Pitfall! Hey thanks. It was driving me crazier.

One more vote: RBI Baseball for the NES. Played my friend Red Sox vs. Mets for HOURS!!!
 
I would have to go with some odd old games.

Star Control 2 is by far the game the left the best impression on me. (Never felt more disappointed in a game than the let down I had w/ SC3...)

National Lampoons Chessmaster 5Million and One.. now that was a great DOS chess game, you had to read the manual too, cuz it was quite good.

the well voted for WC/Privateer series. I still have WC3 on CD's, don't think I can get slow enough to play it tho. I just remember doing a lot of ramming in Privateer, cuz that was the quickest way to dispatch people. ;)

Most modern games are like looking at a Playboy. Lots of pretty things, but not exactly something you can sink your teeth into, least IMHO.

SpZ
 
Super Metriod

Not to long, not too short, just the perfect action adventure game. Best ending to a game that ive ever seen.

Honorable mentions: X-com ufo defence, Age of Empires II, Secret of mana, Final Fantasy III&VII
 
Hey EricDawg,
Was that 2600 game you talk about called (Pitfall) or somthing like that ?
I am feeling old now also...LOL
 
My favorite game of all time is FALLOUT2

Anyone ever played Alice? If anyone here has picked any type of platform game and you havent played Alice, then you deserve to die.
 
BillLeeLee said:

339581081_m.jpg
 
My favorite, all time, was, is, still, and will be (until we get a hi res non-handheld sequel, that is) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It just doesn't get better. Killer music, great art, and amazing depth. There was SO MUCH FRIGGIN' STUFF in that game.

Ultimate bragging right: I have a lvl 99 character in SOTN. Anyone else? There is a trick to it.
:D

NulloModo said:
Am I reading that logo on the bottom left corner wrong, or was the SegaCD light gun really called the 'Justifier'....

Well, Sega's light gun was called the Menacer, IIRC. The Justifier came with Lethal Enforcers , which I'd damn near nominate as one of the coolest games ever. I used to dominate the arcade version, I'd just use both guns. :p

EDIT: Does anyone still have one of these? Further, if you have one, can you tell me if it works with a DLP projector? I bet it doesn't. The NES zapper doesn't. I presume it reacts to light emitted from the television screen... There's a SuperScope here and that uses a receiver-type box... So maybe... Well, I need Battle Clash first. I don't have that, but I'd only bother if it'd work on a big, big screen. Wouldn't that be awesome?
 
Mine would have to be Metal Gear Solid 3, I don't think any game had me as drawn in as it that game did, I even had that like.. feeling in your throat when you're like super sad and whatnot. Really really good game. In fact.. I think i'ma go play it again.
 
Super Mario World (SNES).....ahhh, I remember that game.....so wonderful..... :eek: cant wait for the Revolution so I experience it again!
 
Baldurs Gate (entire series: baldurs gate 1, tales of the sword coast, shadows of amn, throne of bhall)
By far the best game I have ever played. I have several others that are almost just as good but this will always be the greatest in my eyes!

You have to admit.. this blows any other rpg away.....
 
Super Metroid just had the right timing for everything for me. There are still so many more games I want to list, but this is it. :(
 
Adventure - Atari 2600 (Props to Pitfall)
Legacy of the Ancients - C64
Final Fantasy 2 - Nintendo (SNES?)
Secret of Mana - SNES
nothing really stood out on the PS1, but I didn't play a ton of games
Deus Ex - PC
 
Ruiner said:
or not....

Nice. I really need to go back and replay it in high res with the rebirth update. Dare I venture once again into the cargo holds? (shudder)
 
Super Metroid for all time fav.
Phantasy Star Online 1&2 for GC come in second because that was my first online game.
 
Back
Top