• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your "Best Game Ever"

lt.murda said:

Wow, I thought I was the only one that played that.
I finished it too.
I would buy the sequal if there ever is one.
Anyway

MOHAA
 
#1: FINAL FANTASY TACTICS for PS1.

This game was absolutely awesome. I was disappointed at first when I rented it because I had just finished off Final Fantasy VII and I for some reason expected a similar feeling in the experience. I took it back to the store thinking it was crap.

THEN!, for no particular reason, I bought it at Target for $39, took it home, and gave it another chance. After I had it for a couple days and realized the different number of combinations of characters that were possible and all the secrets in the game, I was hooked. I've played through that game probably five times, with at least 70 hours per. I've gotten every sword, every shield, armor, etc. A video game shouldn't feel as rewarding and satisfying as FFT. I love it. All games that I've played since are judged against the quality and depth of this game.

#2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
#3: Final Fantasy VII
#4: Metal Gear Solid 2
#5: Metal Gear Solid
 
D00M series (including D3 and RoE), the entire Wing Commander catalog, F.E.A.R, Half Life, Diablo, DN 3d.....


Man the list is long....too many to list....
 
Gettysburg: Turning Point. CGW has it in the Hall of Fame. I played the game well before I even knew what CGW was.
 
I have been thinking a lot about if there was ever a MMORPG I felt was worthy of even good game status... Most nowadays are all hack and slash level up madness, no actual RP elements or story.

Then I thought about the countless hours I spent playing Mechwarrior: Solaris over the AOL game network back in the day. That was a fucking awesome game. If anyone brought something like that out again, and it had a similar community (i.e. as interested in the RP element as in blowing shit up) I'd sign up in a heartbeat.
 
Bloefield said:
lt.murda said:


Wow, I thought I was the only one that played that.
I finished it too.
I would buy the sequal if there ever is one.
Anyway

MOHAA
XIII

I was #66 on Xbox live in the world ranks.
Last I check I was down to #122, I havent played in over a year!

PreciseKracker is the s/n

Great game!
 
So many good games, so I guess I'll just go with games that I've spent the most time playing (probably because they are my favorite ;) )

PC - TOME, I have a soft spot for ASCII based adventure games.

SNES - NCAA Basketball. I placed a ban on myself from ever playing as UNC or Duke because of some players with ungodly 3-point shooting stats.
 
FF8 tied with MGS(1-3) tied with Ace Combat 4(back when I used to play it hours a day and was amazing, I remember when I bough it because I had the flu and would go in and out of concious and have crazy pilot dreams)
 
Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure

Followed by either of the Crusader games, the Wing Commander and Privateer series, and a whole slew of Apple IIe stuff including Choplifter, Capt. Goodnight, etc...
 
There are just too many but I'd got with

1) Megaman 4
2) Planescape: Torment
3) Star Control 2
4) Command and Conquer
5) Chrono Trigger
 
PS2- Final Fantasy 7 and 8

N64- Super Smash Bros

Xbox- Madden NFL 2005-06

PC- 1st .AGE OF EMPIRES 3 or series ,2nd is Counter Strike Source hehehehe..... then it has to be hmmmmm...3rd Battlefield 2.......
 
I'd say Contra or Metal Gear Solid. At the times that I played them, they were completely unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Contra was just balls-to-the-wall action and Metal Gear Solid was one of the best fusions of cinematic storytelling, fluid gameplay, and engrossing atmosphere that I've ever played.
 
For me....

Best gaming experience: Mario 64

Best game of the 90s:
This one is tough, but I have to give it to Street Fighter II with Super Mario World for the SNS a close second.

Best game before 1990: Rygar - Legendary Warrior

Best Game for PC: Soldier of Fortune (sorry I liked it better than half-life)

Best Multiplayer: Battlefield 2
 
Tribes
Quake II
Counter-Strike Beta 0.6 and below (Before the n00b infestation)

UT99 was also pretty fuckin fun. But I had more run at QII RA2 :p
 
Kristo said:
Day of the Tentacle OR Secret of Monkey Island

I like DOTT cause the puzzles ruled (and the story) but I also just have a soft spot for Guybrush "I'm selling these fine leather jackets" Threepwood


Holy crap, I got DOTT from the tip. xD With the enclosed Hint book that retails for $12.95!

I've never played it though. D:
 
RPG - Final Fantasy VII - PC
Platform - Ratchet and Clank (all) - PS2
FPS - Far Cry, Half Life 2 (tied) - PC
Racing - Live for Speed - PC (online racing kicks ass)
Strategy - Civilization 4, Sim City 4 (tied) - PC
Fighting - Smash Brothers Melee - GC
Puzzle - Gish - PC
Misc - Hamsterball, Insaniquarium (tied) - PC


:D
 
RPG = Neverwinter Nights, I still play this all the time. Tons of modules.
FPS = toss-up between original Doom and Castle Wolfenstein

*maybe when I build a better rig I can fully enjoy more modern games like Half Life 2, Doom 3, etc.
 
Tenchu Stealth assassins, MGS1, and Rainbow Six just for the experience each gave me. Also Quake 3. That's not to say that these are the best games ever made, just gave me wonderful game experiences.
 
PC: Tie between Diablo2/Half-Life1/Doom1

Anyone else remember having way more fun playing the shareware version of Doom that playing most of these new FPS's ie Doom3/FEAR/Quake3?

Console: MGS1
 
puphus said:
RPG = Neverwinter Nights, I still play this all the time. Tons of modules.
FPS = toss-up between original Doom and Castle Wolfenstein

*maybe when I build a better rig I can fully enjoy more modern games like Half Life 2, Doom 3, etc.

Err, if I can play Doom3 and Halflife 2 on my P4 2.4/512ram/9500pro you can certainly play it on your setup...
 
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario RPG
Landstalker
Postal 2 : Share the Pain (You're damn right I said it)
Final Fantasy VII
Skies of Arcadia : Legends (the original was slightly lacking, but the GC version with 40+ hours of gameplay was perfect in every way)
Call of Duty (A tie between the first and second)
Half-Life 2 (duh)
Megaman Legends
Final Fantasy VII
 
too many but would have go with the best. Unreal tournament. Best game ever
 
CHAoS_NiNJA said:
Postal 2 : Share the Pain (You're damn right I said it)
You are damn right. Any game that encourages you to piss on hot chicks and gary oldman gets five stars in my book.
 
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis / Day of the Tentacle

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Wing Commander

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

And a ton of titles for Neo Geo Pocket Color
 
Back
Top