Post Your 360 PlayStation

JVC 52" DILA LCoS HDTV
Athena AS-F2.2 Front Speakers (rears not shown)
Denon AVR-2105 Reciever
Other crap

pic18dv.jpg

pic24qj.jpg

mastercheeze said:
I know this is off-topic but is that the kdf-e50a10? We're looking at one right now and I have to say from what I have seen that thing is sweet, that is to say, oober-HAWT. :p
Yes that is a KDF-E50A10. I love my lcd. Great picture, lots of inputs. VGA input also. HDMI, component, etc but no dvi. I have comcast hd and the picture is really nice. The resolution is 1280 someting by 720 and displays up to 1080i but the picture is downconverted to fit the native resolution. The only problem I notice is during fast moving scenes, there is slight ghosting. Other than that it's a great tv. I bought it at Fry's for $1999 on sale.

Sorry for the double posting. I am still trying to figure out how to quote.
:D
Obviously I fugured it out now.
LCDTV.jpg

-whacks self on head-

I always thought JVC was a budget brand, but even if they are....Damn, that's a mighty fine picture. D:

Nuzzles said:
-whacks self on head-

I always thought JVC was a budget brand, but even if they are....Damn, that's a mighty fine picture. D:

Eh, it really depends as to what electronics you look at. I don't really care for their soundsystems or other related audio equipment. They aren't horrible, but they aren't great either. As for TVs I would also be selective. I would probably consider them for an entry to mid level set, but there are many other great companies to look at for high level sets, especially considering that most companies price their sets similarly. I think the reason for this is the promoting of HDTV, as most tv networks are using this capability more, and as we have seen current and next-gen gaming seems to be taking this same path.

Does anyone have any experience with Dells line of large LCD or Plasma televisions?

quiksilverx181 said:
When i get my 360... ill be sure to post my pics of my Sony XBR 70" LCD tv with HD and 5.1 surround sound

Well invite me over because i live about 15 min from Fresno!

PS I have 2 extra 360's im gonna sell if your interested. but they're pricey..

Chomp said:
Well invite me over because i live about 15 min from Fresno!

PS I have 2 extra 360's im gonna sell if your interested. but they're pricey..

Happily swap them for his kick ass TV? :p

Request: CAN PEOPLE START POSTING FRICKEN PICTURES!

I come in here looking forward to cool pictures and get like 1-2 a page. The rest are posts saying "whoo man uber setup i don't have a 360.." - or "wow how many sockets does that thing have?". Could we treat this like a case gallery thread and just have pictures are this thread's full of crap.

Nuzzles said:
-whacks self on head-

Z(+)DIAC said:
Eh, it really depends as to what electronics you look at. I don't really care for their soundsystems or other related audio equipment. They aren't horrible, but they aren't great either. As for TVs I would also be selective. I would probably consider them for an entry to mid level set, but there are many other great companies to look at for high level sets, especially considering that most companies price their sets similarly. I think the reason for this is the promoting of HDTV, as most tv networks are using this capability more, and as we have seen current and next-gen gaming seems to be taking this same path.

Does anyone have any experience with Dells line of large LCD or Plasma televisions?

Yea, I had always kinda thought the same thing about JVC....until I started doing some extensive HDTV research prior to my purchase. Turns out that JVC is one of the only companies out there that is able to mass produce LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) HDTV technology at a sub-5-figure price. LCoS is the same techonology that is used in the greatest HDTV money can buy, the Sony Qualia ($30,000 for last year's first gen model, but recently brought down to around $13,000).

These DILA displays have recieved some really high praise among the industry experts as being the "brightest" HDTV display you can get your hands on. After doing ALOT of side-by-side comparisons, I found that the bright, vivid, saturated colors of the JVC won me over.

Here is a link to Home Theater Magazine's 2005 awards where they pick the JVC DILA display as the Best Rear Projection HDTV. :)

mastercheeze said:
I know this is off-topic but is that the kdf-e50a10? We're looking at one right now and I have to say from what I have seen that thing is sweet, that is to say, oober-HAWT. :p

My mother has it.
Finding Nemo was on ABC-HD? on Thanksgiving looked great.

we have the 50" Sony A10, its nice, but the screendoor effect it annoying

I got used to it after awhile. Still love my tv! The price I paid and the size of the screen I can not complain.

Nuzzles said:
Happily swap them for his kick ass TV? :p

Why swap when I just got this from amazon.com today?

Samsung LNR2668 26" LCD HDTV. Not exactly the biggest or most expensive TV, but the best in for that size. I tried a 32" of the same model but it was way too big for my bedroom.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. :D

Ok, it's a little updated, I have the chrome stands now and I got the wires tidied up pretty well....got my 360, 5.1 surround system, now I'm just awaiting my 32" LCD HDTV! I know, nothing huge, but it will suit my needs more than perfectly! :)

DSCF2601.jpg

planetboogie said:
http://planetboogie.com/gameroom/2.jpg

Here is my setup. Everything looks kinda small but thats just an illusion as that is a 71" Samsung TV. BTW, the sound system is all M&K. If you don’t know M&K, check out their website at http://mksound.com My setup is the same setup used at Skywalker Ranch in their screening room, production offices, as well as in the “Star Wars” sound design studio (http://www.mksound.com/starwars_plus.htm). Topping off the system are two Buttkicker LFEs (transducers) mounted to the floorboards (from below), centered about 10 feet apart and slightly to the rear of the room. They make all the difference in the world… you actually feel the game instead of just hear it. In fact, the first time we cranked it up, it was so powerful it the DVD player couldn’t track the movie due to skipping. This was resolved by placing large isolators under the TV stand to minimize vibration.

Ok your shit rocks but sorry you lose points for the girly flower pics on the walls

Z(+)DIAC said:
I can't wait until I'm rich...someday...someday *hangs head in dissapointment*
*Runs in fear of him pulling guns out of his trenchcoat and shooting all the rich people....thinks about how I'm not rich, joins him in the killing...jumps for free DLP HDTV's!* :p

lesman said:
*Runs in fear of him pulling guns out of his trenchcoat and shooting all the rich people....thinks about how I'm not rich, joins him in the killing...jumps for free DLP HDTV's!* :p

Hahah, I wouldn't be that inhumane about it...I would probably just end up using ravenous racoons....yes...racoons...

Nah, but I seriously can't wait until I pay off my student loans, then it's all electronics from there.

Dapperdan said:
Ok your shit rocks but sorry you lose points for the girly flower pics on the walls
Man, that was on direct order from the misses... someday I'll really have my own theater/gameroom which I can better decorate as I like... but for now, I have to share...

But when the lights are off, you can hardly see it. :)

planetboogie said:
Man, that was on direct order from the misses... someday I'll really have my own theater/gameroom which I can better decorate as I like... but for now, I have to share...

But when the lights are off, you can hardly see it. :)

As long as she keep letting you get all those nice toys. Hell, let her pink the entire room.

superostrich said:
Yes that is a KDF-E50A10. I love my lcd. Great picture, lots of inputs. VGA input also. HDMI, component, etc but no dvi. I have comcast hd and the picture is really nice. The resolution is 1280 someting by 720 and displays up to 1080i but the picture is downconverted to fit the native resolution. The only problem I notice is during fast moving scenes, there is slight ghosting. Other than that it's a great tv. I bought it at Fry's for $1999 on sale.

Sorry for the double posting. I am still trying to figure out how to quote.
:D
Obviously I fugured it out now.
LCDTV.jpg

That's the same TV I'm going to buy

Its the Sony Wega HDTV LCD digital Cable Ready. 40"

Here are some of my lame attempts (55" Mitsu CRT HDTV) using a 3 MP digital camera -

madden360soldierfieldSM.jpg

westbrook1.jpg

kameo101.jpg

pgr101.jpg

pgr100.jpg

1101052204.jpg

Samsung 32" LCD
JBL Surround Sound System
Yamaha Receiver
Comcast Digital Cable with HD
Xbox 360 :)
And a whole lotta fun!