Post Your 360 PlayStation

n3wbpwn3r said:
ok.lets just see your console setups (gamecube,ps2,xbox1)...

p10100206lk.jpg

p10100215sy.jpg

ps2 is in the process of being sold.
i don't console game much anymore and just moved my WMC pc hence all the cable mess. :p

Here's mine as of right now...everything will be changing dramatically in a few weeks...I'm getting new chrome plated steel stands and 32" LCD HDTV...will post updates when available!

DSCF2562.JPG

DSCF2564.JPG

DSCF2565.JPG

DSCF2566.JPG

I don't have my 360, but I do have my 61" Samsung DLP :) I simply cannot wait until I get my 360!!

tv.jpg

IXOS- 204 Banana Plugs X10
IXOS- Audio GAMMA RCA Interconnect 1104-200 2M
IXOS- Audio Optix Fiber Optic TosinLink to TosLink Silver series 106-200 2M
IXOS- Audio Optical TosLink to Toslink XHD208
IXOS- Video ROSSO RCA-RCA Bronze series 119AV 5M
IXOS- Surround Sound Interconnects 6 RCA to 6 RCA XHT503
IXOS- Component Video 3 RCA to 3 RCA XHV704 3M
IXOS- Component Video 3 RCA to 3 RCA XHV704 5M
IXOS- Audio Super-Lux Fiber Optic TosiLink to TosLink Bronze series 107-300 3M
IXOS- Component Video Interconnects Bronze series 1501-200 2M
IXOS- Composite Video Interconnect Silver series 118-AV-500 5M
IXOS- Component Video Interconnect Silver Series 1713-100 1M
IXOS- Component Video Interconnect Silver series 1713-500 5M
IXOS- Gamma Geomerty 11AWG Speaker wire XHS806 (6006)
IXOS- Super Flat 13AWG Speaker wire XHS303

:p
haha

lopoetve said:
xbox2.jpg

edit: holy fuck shrinking.
OMG! Is that...LUNAR?! Will you marry me? (I'm not gay; still, will you?) lol j/k

/fan-boi'izm

TheJackal: It's nice to see someone like me who doesn't own an HDTV :D

Actually you can sign me up for that non-HDTV owner. Hell, I'm still using Analog for my LCD.

Non HDTV? the TV in my room only has RF/Coax input! And the TV in my living room is from the mid 90's (so all it has is composite)

Note: I'm not much for price-gouging, but I'm seriously thinking about trying to get my hands on one of these during the next shipment so I can turn around and make a little extra money.

qbackin said:
Wow, what did that run you?

I got it about a year ago when it was 'brand new'. Then it retailed @ $3800, down to $3450 with upcoming Super Bowl sales. Out the door, the TV, 5 year extended warranty, and stand (which was $900, but I got it for $350 since I wrote a check for the everything instead of payments, lol) came to just under $4800.

A lot of money, and believe me I'm not rich lol. I just happened across some unused HP Jornada 720s (handhelds) at work, they let me have and lets just say ... a few weeks later I was $40,000 richer for 8 hours work.. hahaha.

So I got the tv :) 360 next up!

Well here are some pictures of where my 360 is going to go...

And here is the 360 box...only accessories, PGR3 and PD:Z in there though. The system is back at home (just got back to school) waiting to be replaced.

I have the VGA cable to use the 360 with my 2005fpw, I am going to order the adapter from Logitech for 5$ to connect the 360 to my speakers. Does anyone know if there is a switch type thing I can use to have both my computer and 360 connected to the same speakers? I dont really want to have to unplug one and plug in the other every time I want to play 360 or play a PC game.

hignaki said:
OMG! Is that...LUNAR?! Will you marry me? (I'm not gay; still, will you?) lol j/k

/fan-boi'izm

TheJackal: It's nice to see someone like me who doesn't own an HDTV :D

lolz. Yeah, just finishing my run through, then comes Eternal Blue

n3wbpwn3r said:
holey shit is that yours?

Yep :)

BurntToast said:
Hummm boxer shorts near the stack of pr0n dvds and sub?

;)

>_>
<_<
>_<

n3wbpwn3r said:
word, and i can see your toilet

Gotta keep it close by for those late night gaming sessions...

right?

logan1 said:
the hell is Frodo doing?

:eek: >_>

lesman said:
Eh, my SDTV is a Sanyo 27"....I guess it's maybe some of the best features you can get on a tube SDTV...s-video. component, all the inputs you'd want, digital filtering, scan modulation, etc....so it looks pretty nice.

I had... um...

rf connector?

hignaki said:
Nice setup lopoetve, but if I"m not mistaken, where's the other speaker? Unless you're using it as a sub (I can't really tell, it could be either).

I don't have a 360, but I'll see if I can get a pic of my friends setup, and I'll edit this post then

It's actually on the right channel for now... I don't have the center running, or the surrounds, due to space concerns... so I use it to fill in the sound (those RCA's are really weak) and make it more rounded. Occasionally I just pipe it all through there. I'm looking for a second one to make it a set, but it's an MTX AAL1540 Special Edition (Extra mid-range driver) so finding a single replacement is... hard. I'm still looking though.

It's mostly a sub, I've got the bass way up on that channel. 15" ftw.

versello said:
hahaha, oh man, Frodo and Sam's look is too funny.

Conspicuous items I see in this pic (aside from Frodo getting jiggy with Sam)

1. Boxers next to the TV.
2. VHS tapes
3. Lid from a jar laying on the floor... HMMMM...

>_>

Perhaps because there are severe intended-shortages and they really wanted one? lol
Most people bought the premium, so it was easier to get the core.

^ I would rather wait anyway. Your still right though. I think having a core system was a good play to MS catering to two income brackets. Even still its a ripoff if you have the money. The Hard Drive and wireless controller will set you back 150 any way so the core system would be 50 dollars more with a HDD and wireless controller bought seprately. I am going for a premium next week wish me luck!

zamardii said:
Oh man, why would anyone buy the Core system? It is such a rip off.

Cuz I waited in 30 degree (17 with the windchill) weather for 9 hours for one and I wasn't about to go home empty handed. Core was all they had left by the time they got to me. :)

I want to pick up the core system eventually just for lanning at the house. I can use my platinum for live, I owned two xbox 1's for lanning, so im actually happy about the core system, I dont have to drop another 400 bucks just to play with friends or family in seperate rooms.

Bobsaysthis said:
I want to pick up the core system eventually just for lanning at the house. I can use my platinum for live, I owned two xbox 1's for lanning, so im actually happy about the core system, I dont have to drop another 400 bucks just to play with friends or family in seperate rooms.

Well as long as you plan to keep playing Xbox 1 games on your Xbox 1 and not the 360 then it should all work out.

Erasmus354 said:
I have the VGA cable to use the 360 with my 2005fpw, I am going to order the adapter from Logitech for 5$ to connect the 360 to my speakers. Does anyone know if there is a switch type thing I can use to have both my computer and 360 connected to the same speakers? I dont really want to have to unplug one and plug in the other every time I want to play 360 or play a PC game.

just use the little adapter that came with the cable and use the input on your soundcard. I have an audigy and plugging in into the blue one works.

xTABx7 said:
just use the little adapter that came with the cable and use the input on your soundcard. I have an audigy and plugging in into the blue one works.

I was afraid that connecting the sound through a sound card would introduce some sort of lag in the sound processing though...I guess not. Maybe I should put a sound card on my christmas wish list :D

nope since its not like plugging the video in and getting lag when it has to be converted and sent to another card. its just a bridge i believe

you can probably use your onboard sound, unless its a really crappy one

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here is my setup. Everything looks kinda small but thats just an illusion as that is a 71" Samsung TV. BTW, the sound system is all M&K. If you don’t know M&K, check out their website at http://mksound.com My setup is the same setup used at Skywalker Ranch in their screening room, production offices, as well as in the “Star Wars” sound design studio (http://www.mksound.com/starwars_plus.htm). Topping off the system are two Buttkicker LFEs (transducers) mounted to the floorboards (from below), centered about 10 feet apart and slightly to the rear of the room. They make all the difference in the world… you actually feel the game instead of just hear it. In fact, the first time we cranked it up, it was so powerful it the DVD player couldn’t track the movie due to skipping. This was resolved by placing large isolators under the TV stand to minimize vibration.

planetboogie said:
*snip*

Here is my setup. Everything looks kinda small but thats just an illusion as that is a 71" Samsung TV. BTW, the sound system is all M&K. If you don’t know M&K, check out their website at http://mksound.com My setup is the same setup used at Skywalker Ranch in their screening room, production offices, as well as in the “Star Wars” sound design studio (http://www.mksound.com/starwars_plus.htm). Topping off the system are two Buttkicker LFEs (transducers) mounted to the floorboards (from below), centered about 10 feet apart and slightly to the rear of the room. They make all the difference in the world… you actually feel the game instead of just hear it. In fact, the first time we cranked it up, it was so powerful it the DVD player couldn’t track the movie due to skipping. This was resolved by placing large isolators under the TV stand to minimize vibration.

Ok you win

planetboogie said:
Thread over. We have a winner.

HDBox2d1 said:
Theres no voting to see who wins?

Hes the winner, yes IYO.
haha

I like your TV.
Thanks, this has been a long time in the works. I just got the TV last week. It replaced a 61" Samsung that the warranty company had to buy back from me as it couldn't be fixed. That's the new 1080p model... so far I really like it but it has a much more reflective screen than my old one.l

the cabinet is not white is it? that would be so odd.
Its silver/gray.

What tech. is in the TV?
My first guess would be a 1080p DLP?

LCoS
DILA
LCD
DLP
CRT

n3wbpwn3r said:
thats a nice tele , how much did it cost you
I only had to pay the difference to upgrade from the 61" replacement (read above) to the 71" model... plus another 4 year extended warranty.

Let me just say that I usually don't buy extended warranties on electronics but I do with these TVs... it totally saved me this time.

HDBox2d1 said:
the cabinet is not white is it? that would be so odd.
Its silver/gray.

What tech. is in the TV?
My first guess would be a 1080p DLP?

LCoS
DILA
LCD
DLP
CRT
The cabinet is silver... Its a DLP. Samsung Model # HL-R7178W.

> Full HD 1920 x 1080p digital format converter for all inputs
> Samsung Cinema Smooth™ 1080p Gen-6 HD Light Engine
> Up to 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio with Outstanding Colors and Deep Black Levels

nice :)

Whats the native res. of the TV? eh its not 1080p right.. (or is there such a thing as native res. on 1080p DLPs)
My guess would be 720p, since alot of DLPs are 720p.
But, maybe 1080i; since its a 1080p TV..
anyways

HDBox2d1 said:
nice :)

Whats the native res. of the TV? eh its not 1080p right.. (or is there such a thing as native res. on 1080p DLPs)
My guess would be 720p, since alot of DLPs are 720p.
But, maybe 1080i; since its a 1080p TV..
anyways
Actually (from Samsung's website)
> Full HD 1920 x 1080p digital format converter for all inputs

It up-converts all inputs to 1920 X 1080p

Back