Post the ugliest retail case.

My nomination for major PC manufacturers...

gateway310.jpg

kuyaglen said:
Newbs and the "unititated" love that futuristic looking crap. I've worked on too many computers with cases like that, sadly.

kuyaglen said:

gateway310.jpg
To be honest, I don't really find that to be all that bad. It's not beautiful, but I wouldn't find it an eyesore.

emorphien said:
To be honest, I don't really find that to be all that bad. It's not beautiful, but I wouldn't find it an eyesore.
Exactly, even old compaq cases from lets say... circa 1998 aren't too bad looking. I know they can be irregularly shaped at the front, but at least Optimus Prime's head isn't molded there like fucking Mt. Rushmore crap.

Believe me people, those so called "bling bling cool looking lan cases" are utter pieces of shit. I HATE seeing that shit on newegg when I want to look for a cool case. Note I said "cool", not faggotry.

Thats not a bad case at all. Are we missing the point of this thread?

Thats not too bad of an idea... could be used as web terminals in schools, etc. Fuck it, you people lost the idea of what an ugly case is. Thread = unsubscribed.

We should narrow down to the top 5 or so nasty looking cases and make a poll out of it.
I think anything that looks like it's starring at me qualifies for eye dung.

Zero82z said:
Feast your eyes(or cover them, if you prefer)on this one.

Wow...the black stuff needs to go.

As white boxes go, though, I rather like those Inwin jobs. I bought one in 2000, and still have it. They suck for mods, but the case has lasted four year...longer than any other I've ever had.

I wonder if anyone at Asetek knows that the Vapochill has (rightfully) garnered this nomination.

Funny to think such a nice product has lost sales because it looks like pure ass.

woah that blue case is pretty nice.... not for a computer for some abstract modern art.

With all that plastic it looks like Little Tykes or Fisher Price built it.

Child safe edges and all.

Step aside ladies this thing is a nightmare. Not only is it one of the worst eyesores of a case ever but I know from personal experience, the drive cages on this thing rival fort knox. If you can manage to get the thing open then don't even think about installing new hardware. The drive cages consume the whole inside with a mess of tangled sheet metal.
hp%20pavillion.jpg

MY EYES, thanks now I'm blind and that case is the last thing I'll ever see.

MWWInc said:
Maybe if you had posted the pink one I'd agree with you...but here's $139 of ugliness...

If that one doesn't quite do it for you, there are plenty of hideous "CaseArts" cases to choose from. I will personally kick the crap out of* any male that has one of these.

*unless he's bigger than me

Here's some more ugliness :eek:

WTF were they thinking with the front of this one?

uglycase5.JPG

These two are bad as well...

What's this? A sailboat wheel?

uglycase6.JPG

Yak...

uglycase7.JPG

Unless the 1st one has intakes up top, its ugly and stupid :p . The second is fugly with its pirate ship steering wheel thingy, what case is that? I know someone whos a boat freak that might like that one...

Apologenetic said:
Step aside ladies this thing is a nightmare. Not only is it one of the worst eyesores of a case ever but I know from personal experience, the drive cages on this thing rival fort knox. If you can manage to get the thing open then don't even think about installing new hardware. The drive cages consume the whole inside with a mess of tangled sheet metal.
hp%20pavillion.jpg

I must agree. Horrible things, AND they come in different flavors of buttugly. The nickname we have for them is "Toaster", as in "Who's working on this two slice?" (the smaller), or "Which luser brought in the bagel burner?" (your shot). We won't discuss the Oven... :p

Strikemaster said:
I must agree. Horrible things, AND they come in different flavors of buttugly. The nickname we have for them is "Toaster", as in "Who's working on this two slice?" (the smaller), or "Which luser brought in the bagel burner?" (your shot). We won't discuss the Oven... :p
They may be a nightmare to work in, but they are far from being the ugliest computers. I've worked with several, I absolutely hate having to go in to them.

emorphien said:
They may be a nightmare to work in, but they are far from being the ugliest computers. I've worked with several, I absolutely hate having to go in to them.

Yeah, I worked on one not too long ago...pain is the ass, had to swap out a CPU and RAM...no room what so ever.

Here Is one of the Ugliest computers ever made, unfortunately I did own one :(

This was my first, only and last prebuilt system.. I had mine for 5 years..

Packard Bell Computer

PackardBellComputer.jpg

233 Megahertz
Pentium MMX
32 Megabytes of RAM
3 Gigabytes HD
US Robotics
Winmodem/Fax Modem
CD ROM Drive
Crystal Audio
Norton Anti-Virus
Microsoft Mouse w/Keyboard & Microphone
Monitor Included: Packard Bell 14" or 15" w/Speakers

3WAYsplit said:
Here Is one of the Ugliest computers ever made, unfortunately I did own one :(

This was my first, only and last prebuilt system.. I had mine for 5 years..

Packard Bell Computer

Damn, I had one of those. It was actually the first computer I ever added any RAM to. Convienently, the motherboard is flat on the bottom and the RAM slots are UNDER the little grey overhang. It was quite possibly the hardest upgrade I've ever done. Horribly designed case.

Back