Post pics of your old rig!

i have a old compaq proliant dual ppro system, i miss it, you couldn't change the video card with out updating the bios, which was kept on a cdrom *the bios update software*

still runs, have no use for it and it weighs a metric ton..

That chair looks a little uncomfortable.

I just replaced it, and yeah the back was broken, dads coworker broke it and then my cat jumped on the back when it was already broke and made it worse, just bought a new leather chair though

Heres my old setup...
oldrigresizeddh1.jpg

insideoldwx4.jpg

I put five chameleon color-changing LED fans in there. It was the most psychedelic thing to show up at a LAN!

BTW I dont think this belongs in the 'case modding' section...

Is your bedroom in the mens bathroom? lol :p

i have a old compaq proliant dual ppro system, i miss it, you couldn't change the video card with out updating the bios, which was kept on a cdrom *the bios update software*

still runs, have no use for it and it weighs a metric ton..

gawwwwwwwwd I hate compaqs like that.

I have a couple old proliant servers as well ... one is a dual 133 with 512MB of ram, the other is a quad PPro with 1024M of ram. both of them require a special cd to boot off of in order to change "bios" settings or manage raid arrays. bah :mad:

I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish college ... and my parents make me move them somewhere :p

old pics:

DSC00511.JPG

IMG_1227_001.JPG

bunchofdrives01.jpg

Yea, I got a few old Proliants still running. Mind you, these are a tad newer than PPro's (P-III's). I got another 1850R since I took this pic. I'm planning on donating them to our church's network for some webserving / fileserving work in the near future. The total weight here on my work table is about 200lbs and it sounds like an airport when all these machines are running at the same time!

lol Where do you find those kind of signs? I want to find a sign that says Electrical Room, Since my bedroom consumes more electricity than any other room in the whole 3500 sq ft house!

Just rip them off of places you go. ahaha. :D

My buddies and I were first for waiting in line to watch the Matrix when it premiered in theaters. There was a nice metal cast Dolby Digital plaque above the door, and my friend stood on top of the trash can to try to pry it off the wall. LOL Well, he looked down and the manager was standing there and asked him what he was doing. My friend replied that he had a Dolby Digital setup at home for his computer system and he thought the plaque would look good hanging above his monitors. :p :p

It was like this:
http://web.telia.com/~u46216498/interiors/Skyltar1.jpg

oh btw anything built within the last 5 years doesn't count as old.

Nice old rigs folk!:D

oh btw anything built within the last 5 years doesn't count as old.

orly? I would've thought that, with the rate computer hardware becomes outdated, something built even 3 years ago could seem very old compared with what's available today. I suppose after about 5 years, computers almost become antiqued.

ok laugh it up... my first try at water cooling. lol and then my cable management also sucked.
100_0160.jpg

that looks crazy!:) loco u need a bigger case.

that many hdds close together and close to the video card, the heat is going to damage your hdds!

Hah! That Soltek board is so righteous dude, I think I may still have one in my junk box.

- JT

56k Warning :eek:

My Old Rig, Antec Case, AMD 3000XP, Abit KV7, 512mb, 2x200gig, ATI 9800pro. Still in serves as a second computer, plays movies, music, yada yada. Was demoted by my intel 6600 dual core, 8800GTX, 2 gig Cosiar extreme.

pic11.JPG

pic12.JPG

pic13.JPG

pic14.JPG

I've gotta dig though my photo albums tonight and see if I can find a picture of myself on my commadore 64 or my mac os2

oldest i have running right now...my uber-gaming rig that i will try to beat the lowest 3dmark03 score with for the free powercolor 3850 agp. had it laying around and decided to put it into a almost-finished kingwin/superflower tri-window (kt-404?) case mod today and fire her up.

ecs s370 w/ via chipset; 1.2ghz intel celeron (tualatin); 256mb pc133
msi geforce 6200, 128mb, agp; 40gb wd hdd, ide; 24x samsung cd-rw, ide
intel 10/100 pci; adaptec usb2.0/1394 pci; 250w dell psu

hmm...how can i post pics?

edit:// got it--thx!

12gz_pc.jpg

omg lulz I had that same eMonster Emachine computer. haha.. :p I played so much Q3 on that..

Use Imageshack or Photobucket to host them, and then insert the link in your post.

Here's an oldie.. sort of...

WOW MAN!!!

You got the MONSTER!

I used to the lowly eTower 500ix... Heck, I still have her sitting in the room here, faithful old friend. :)

If I went back in time and saw myself with my old computers, .... well I'd probably punch myself in the face hahaha

Here's a few of my oldies

First dual processor machine: dual 350Mhz PII with 512MB of RAM!!
IMG_1226.JPG

"Game Server" - yep, ghetto
DSC02411.JPG

"File Server #1" - 10 assorted drives, connected to two motherboards, rigged to a single PSU ... and yes, it started on fire at some point
IMG_1229.JPG

And, to my own personal embarrassment, here's a picture of my "lab" in the basement, from when I was probably 13 or 14:

lab-small.jpg

my first Computer was a Phillips magnavox, yes that is a computer, it had AOL installed on it, but i was never hooked up to the internet with it. it cost my mother $1899.99 for everything, the monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, and the system. now i look back and say she got ripped off! when i get time ill look for the paper that shows the year and price. lol

And, to my own personal embarrassment, here's a picture of my "lab" in the basement, from when I was probably 13 or 14:

lab-small.jpg

That's no lab....THAT'S A LAN PARTY!!!....with one chair:confused:

I wish I had pics of the first family system, P133MHz, 32MB RAM, 4.3GB total hard drive space, Orchid Righteous 3DFX card, S3 Trio 1MB VGA and a really old Epson Stylus 500 printer.

I sadly don't have any pictures of my first. It was a Packard Bell 486sx 33mhz. had 4 mb ram, a 5 1/4 floppy, a 3 1/2 floppy, and a huge 200 mb hd.

beefy_beast.jpg

lmao.. not old, but the only one I still have a picture of.

P4 3.06
2x512mb pc3200
40gb + 80gb HD.
ATI x800

bad shit back in late 04 I belive?

Never go IBuyPower. I'm referring to the laptop.
bleh.jpg

This is my oldest system. 19 months of Planetside, Starcraft and the Battlefield Series.
Then an additional 7 months as a Teamspeak, Ventrilo, File, Gaming, HTTP, and FTP server.
One day I shutdown to rearrange the room (which I do often) and It wouldn't boot back up. Motherboard failure. =[
Notice the power and CAT5 cable suspended. It went above my door.
Also, the 15 foot USB cable for backups, sticking out of the front USB ports.
server.jpg

See that grey box? Yea.. only computer I have ever beat the living shit out of.
Quite literally.. the PSU popped. Didn't damage anything, but I got rid of it shortly after.
Goodbye 3 months of pain and suffering. First, and last time I will ever let someone else build my computer for me.
oldsetup.jpg

This was my PC before I discovered [H]ardforum, circa mid-2004:

Monarch Computers Hornet Pro SFF (AMD 3200+, ATI X800XT)
Dell FP2001 20.1" LCD
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
HP D145 Multifunction
Dell Inspiron 8600

Well, here is what i used before i found [H]ard forum.
Windows ME (i thought i was cool at the time) 128mb ram. 40g seagate hard drive.. which, i still use for linux. 17in CRT.. mother... its heavy. i still have that too.

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

Taking apart...
DSC02465.jpg

Back