Post pics of your old rig!

Wish I had some pics of my rigs throughout the years, I've owned high-end rigs since the 486 days :( The only pics I have are from my P4 3.0ghz 9800pro rig:

caseyj0.jpg

systemct8.jpg

Am I the only one who seems to inherit everyone else's old stuff? They ask me to do an upgrade, then want me to get rid of the old stuff. I then tell myself, "You can find a use for a 64mb SDRAM module".

The m/b, Abit IS7, is from the computer I used for 3 or 4 years. Retired it last August. Started w/ a p4 2.4b chip, later upgraded to a 3ghz prescott. Went from 512mb of ram to a gig to 2 gigs. Went from a cd burner to a dvd rom/cd burner combo to a ide dvd burner to a sata dvd burner. The cd burner was the most expensive :( .Started it's life w/ a 40gb drive. Ended with 500gb main drive and 2x250gb in RAID. The 40gb drive was the most expensive :D First in a chieftec dragon, then some antec case, then a lian li pcv-600. The only parts to ever go bad were the first dvd burner and a couple of video cards. The only part to never changed was the motherboard and HSF (I think).

Part of me wants to sell it...but I just can't.

Inside the case is a pentium3 1ghz system. One of the companies I work with gave me two of them. There's also a pentium 3 600 chip pictured. The smallest drive is 13gb. Largest is 160gb (that I forgot all about). I never really realized how many hard drives I have laying around. Laptop (also given to me) is a IBM T22, I think 1ghz p3m. Built like a tank...so it's relegated to dealing with my 4 year old nephew's heavy hand.

Heres something a little clearer, my 2001/2002 system.

Asus A7V motheboard, 1 Ghz Athlon with a Geforce 3, Soundblaster Live Gamer, 3Com gaming modem and a hauppauge wintv pci tv tuner.

Couple things of note; the geforce 3 is still working and in my GFU's system sitting next to me lol, the tv tuner still works and is currently in my rig, and that 3Com modem still works too, some of that older hardware lasts a bit longer than some of the stuff these days ;).

inside1.jpg

fun thread... random pics of my older boxes

"the monolith"

DSCN3150.jpg

1.3ghz athlon, 512mb ram... think i had a geforce 2 something at the time? cant remember

DSCN3258.jpg

top: dual PII 450, this thing had a voodoo 2 in it and it was nothing short of amazing at the time lol
bottom: PII 450... was replaced by the top machine... was originally in an HP case

DSCN3884.jpg

fairly certain this was my 2000+ machine... not sure

DSCN5140.jpg

DSCN5143.jpg

this was my dual 2000+ setup for a while lol

IMG_0988.jpg

and then in a case lol

IMG_4078.jpg

at this point it was a pair of modified 2500+ bartons iirc

thats all i can find for now...

Back