Post PICs of your old cards!

revenant said:
Not a video card, but and old card, and one which was extremely good for it's day...

GUSmax.JPG

It even has the extra 512mb for a full 1mb of MIDI sample storage (which I robbed from a video card - lol). w00t. I think it was the emegence of direct sound that killed it off... Gravis never came out with drivers for that. A pitty. Oh well...

Damned, that was an awesome card. Had one for about 2 years, but never could get it to place nice w/games like Rebel Assault.. Gave it up once I "upgraded" to a P75 w/ Windows 95

found this lot while looking for my old trident card.
this 5 1/4 inch 2.5gig bigfoot(what an apt name) next to a normal sized 20gig

These manuals, i am sure that dot matrix printer still works but its in the attick

i was 9 when we had this chip in a pc, i remember waiting ages for my dad to actually put it in

a 256k pci trident video card, and a phonix maxi gamer tnt2 m64(if i remember right)
they both still work

and finally the calculator that helped get me a B in higher maths and higher physics and an A in high technological studies(no idea what level that is across the pond)thank god for calculators :) it even goes on the internet
and helped me pass my computing honours degree this year
still with the pen for using the touchscreen, that most other people lost
actually i think i may have "borrowed" it from someone else with the same calculator ;)

click on any picture for a hi-res version.

Ynda said:
found this lot while looking for my old trident card.
this 5 1/4 inch 2.5gig bigfoot(what an apt name) next to a normal sized 20gig

These manuals, i am sure that dot matrix printer still works but its in the attick

i was 9 when we had this chip in a pc, i remember waiting ages for my dad to actually put it in

a 256k pci trident video card, and a phonix maxi gamer tnt2 m64(if i remember right)
they both still work

and finally the calculator that helped get me a B in higher maths and higher physics and an A in high technological studies(no idea what level that is across the pond)thank god for calculators :) it even goes on the internet
and helped me pass my computing honours degree this year
still with the pen for using the touchscreen, that most other people lost
actually i think i may have "borrowed" it from someone else with the same calculator ;)

click on any picture for a hi-res version.

Do you guys not use Texas Instrument calculators in the UK?

hikeskool said:
Do you guys not use Texas Instrument calculators in the UK?

please only quote the pic you need to show or none at all.

No one uses TI except for North Americans and a few other weird people. Sharp and Casio make better calculators ;)

we can use any calculator we want, as long as it is not band for the exams.
our maths department recommended the TI-85 or the sharp one
i picked the sharp one because it was touch screen :p

Mavvy911 said:
Damned, that was an awesome card. Had one for about 2 years, but never could get it to place nice w/games like Rebel Assault.. Gave it up once I "upgraded" to a P75 w/ Windows 95

heh... yeppers!! that card was soooo nice... and all the demo folks coded specifically for it, so if you were into the demo scene in the early 90s, this was the shiznat!! The MIDI and digital audio were both phenomenal! wow. I finally gave up on it also, right around the time I got the win98 beta... lack of direct sound support meant no gaming in windows anymore, pretty much... I never really dug into why Gravis just never came out with direct sound drivers for it... I heard some people made / or were going to make a "patch" but I had an AWE32 "gold" by that time. Oh well... on a side note: I think that's the only card which is longer than the 7800GTX. lol

hmm i got a TI-83 not a bad calc... i see you found your Quantum Bigfoot.. lol.. they used thoes so manufactures can make smaller computers like HP.. i had a old HP that had a Bigfoot in it 7gb and it was really heavy it sat right under my cdrom drive.. probly had 1 or 2 big platters in it very thin

great stuff.. these pics and storys are bringing us all back to our beginer geeky days...

Well, I'm sad to say that I no longer have the VLB (VESA local bus) video and I/O cards from my 486. That would have been a sight many never saw. :)

i could agree with that.. ive only played with a 486.. never really built or repaired them..

Warrior said:
hmm i got a TI-83 not a bad calc... i see you found your Quantum Bigfoot.. lol.. they used thoes so manufactures can make smaller computers like HP.. i had a old HP that had a Bigfoot in it 7gb and it was really heavy it sat right under my cdrom drive.. probly had 1 or 2 big platters in it very thin

great stuff.. these pics and storys are bringing us all back to our beginer geeky days...

Yeah - the Bigfoot was a popular HP OEM drive... I remember seeing it a lot when cracking those things open.

yeah - this is pretty good stuff. Major nostalgia. (sp?)

I have some old drives also and more cards... and a VIC20 in it's box with manuals and a tape drive, I think. I'll take some shots of them tonight. I figure, that's all they're good for at this point, I guess. :)

The hard disk came from a packard bell.
they sold them as a one gig, if you want to upgrade to 2 gig they just formated the other partition. :mad:

Too bad I never took a picture of the CPU upgrade I did to a Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer II from the 6809 to a Hitachi 6309 CPU.

TRS-80 CoCo's ran an amazing 0.895Mhz. My first PC was the CoCo 1. :D

I'm using a Geforce 2 mx 400 32mb in my Athlon 64 rig right now :D, until I get enough money to buy a 6800gt. It's from our old Gateway, and it actually plays games decently. I can play HL2, CS:S, CS, DOD, UT2004, GTA:VC, WC3, Serious Sam, etc.

NStriker said:
Well, I'm sad to say that I no longer have the VLB (VESA local bus) video and I/O cards from my 486. That would have been a sight many never saw. :)
Nice forum name... :D

As for the VLB cards, I have a full deck about four feet behind me. Adaptec 2842 SCSI, AMD 10Base-T NIC and Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM VLB video card. They're in the computer, which could be started as soon as I can find a hard drive small enough in MB to be recognized by the BIOS.

Ahh! The old Connor SCSI is still in there. One gig of 5400 RPM Fast-SCSI power!

OK, the REAL oldie of the crowd, my NEC 8088 processor:
nec-8088d.jpg

Next, the AMD VLB NIC on Ratpadz:
AMD10VLB.jpg

And finally, the 2842VLB with AS II tube for size comparison:
2842vlb.jpg

Ynda said:
The hard disk came from a packard bell.
they sold them as a one gig, if you want to upgrade to 2 gig they just formated the other partition. :mad:

DOH! you're right...

Noticed that this *is* about video cards, so to annul my borderline thread-crap: ;)

stealth64vlb.jpg

The last VESA Local Bus item I ever purchased, last part I purchased in Wichita KS, and I believe the last Diamond video card I ever bought. Must have been 1994 or '95.

p0stal said:
I'm using a Geforce 2 mx 400 32mb in my Athlon 64 rig right now :D, until I get enough money to buy a 6800gt. It's from our old Gateway, and it actually plays games decently. I can play HL2, CS:S, CS, DOD, UT2004, GTA:VC, WC3, Serious Sam, etc.
yeah thoes card are wonders nowadays
is it PCI or AGP?.. i been looking to buy a nice PCI card for a older computer that has no agp

well I've got a few interesting additions to the group.
epsoncga.jpg

This would be a "Color Board" from an old Epson Equity1, CGA with 9 Pin or RCA. Pretty snazzy card for a 8088 from 1985. The PC even had an 8087 math co-processor. Reader Rabbit would scream on this baby!

sunray1.jpg

An interesting board from a Sun Microsystems Sun Ray 1 dumb terminal. Notice that it has a Rage 128, it even supported Video in. Odd for a terminal. The case is awesome tho, and will make a great Mini-ITX box or a Nano-ITX if they ever rear their ugly heads.

dreamcast.jpg

The main board of the Sega Dreamcast. The big chip is the PowerVR graphics core and the smaller one next to it is the Hitachi SH-4 processor running at 200 mhz. Another case that may be destined for a Mini-ITX down the road.

This is my Voodoo 4 4500.

I've only been into computers for about 6 years or so and this card was the first upgrade I ever made to a computer.

Click image to see full size.

Strikemaster said:
Nice forum name... :D
And the same to you! Heh. Funny enough, my registration actually predates yours, I'm just not much of a forum dweller.

As for the VLB cards, I have a full deck about four feet behind me. Adaptec 2842 SCSI, AMD 10Base-T NIC and Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM VLB video card. They're in the computer, which could be started as soon as I can find a hard drive small enough in MB to be recognized by the BIOS.
I'm pretty sure I've still got an 80MB IDE drive kicking around here. That'd probably do it, if that SCSI one isn't working. ;) May have a 520MB, too. I remember using some funky ISA card with an AMI BIOS on it that let me use a Conner 1GB IDE when the motherboard's BIOS otherwise didn't support drives of that size. I'm still not quite sure how it intercepted the BIOS functions for HDD access when the drives didn't connect to the new card in any way. :confused:

I have a loooong prototype board from STB back before 3dfx bought them.

It's a prototype All-In-Wonder type card with the Riva 128 GPU, 4MB tsop memory, and a large TEMIC TV tuner on it. It's got 'experimental' and 'not for resale' stickers all over it, and the Riva 128 GPU is labeled experimental/preproduction. It's also got the little green jumper wires that STB liked to use when making last minute changes/repairs to a card in their R&D labs.

I last had it working many years ago on a FIC VA-503+ (socket 7) board and it was pretty damn neat. No idea if it still works now.

I have no doubt that to the right person this thing would fetch me a little cash, so I'm hanging on to it for dear life. :D

Anyone want to see pics?

Here's my old Albatron ti4400... I only had this for about a week. It was such a poor OC'er so I swapped it for a 9700Pro.. well, it + a few $ for the ati. Still and all, a good looking card.

Edit: And it's BLUE! (which will make Elite.Mafia happy) :)

albti4200.JPG

Blue Falcon said:
I have a loooong prototype board from STB back before 3dfx bought them.

It's a prototype All-In-Wonder type card with the Riva 128 GPU, 4MB tsop memory, and a large TEMIC TV tuner on it. It's got 'experimental' and 'not for resale' stickers all over it, and the Riva 128 GPU is labeled experimental/preproduction. It's also got the little green jumper wires that STB liked to use when making last minute changes/repairs to a card in their R&D labs.

I last had it working many years ago on a FIC VA-503+ (socket 7) board and it was pretty damn neat. No idea if it still works now.

I have no doubt that to the right person this thing would fetch me a little cash, so I'm hanging on to it for dear life. :D

Anyone want to see pics?

Yeah.

I have a Leadtek WinFast 3D s600 (S3 Virge) and it's still working on the machine i bought in July,1997.It's a P166 no MMX with 4.3G 5inch BigFoot harddrive, 16mb sdram, Creative SB32, and a 56k modem but now i have a ethernet card on it and using ADSL, lol. I upgraded the video card with some 30(ms?) video memory( cant remember exactly, but some super slow memory)...I think it has 4mb memory on it after i upgrade it.

It's still working. I can use msn and IE, but nothing more i guess. Before that i had a 486(486 dx 66, 8mb memory, 120mb hd, some trident video card, 1x cd-rom(comes with a Civilization 1 disc) and a sound card ( it was so hard to configure the cd-rom and sound card, it was a collaboration of effort from my 3 uncles, 1 EE prof in U of T @ Austin, 1 NASA programmer, and 1 Eng director from a software company, lol)

Then before that, just a normal 386, and before that it's an Apple II...

picture58ci.jpg

FIRST revision GF2 MX (rev 1.0A)

picture66en.jpg

slocket 370 :D i have another, its got an AMD heatsink on it right now though :p thats a celery 400, other is a celery 533

sorry bout quality, tis a webcam :p

revenant said:
Not a video card, but and old card, and one which was extremely good for it's day...

GUSmax.JPG

It even has the extra 512mb for a full 1mb of MIDI sample storage (which I robbed from a video card - lol). w00t. I think it was the emegence of direct sound that killed it off... Gravis never came out with drivers for that. A pitty. Oh well...

If I had an ISA slot I'd seriously offer big money for that... damn.

Leon2ky said:
hmm I can't track down my Voodoo 3 :( But I have something even older!

nVidia Geforce256 - 32MB 64-Bit AGP! It's over 7 years old.

100_0811.jpg

100_0812.jpg

100_0818.jpg

Voodoo 3 predates geforce 256, + geforce 256 wasn't released in 1998, more like mid 1999 or around that.

Chris_B said:
Voodoo 3 predates geforce 256, + geforce 256 wasn't released in 1998, more like mid 1999 or around that.
good call.. reading what he said in the quote.. i picked up on that too

Warrior said:
are thoes the ones that can SLI?

The VooDoo 4's? No.

Back on the first page I have a picture of a pair of VooDoo 2's and the SLI connector.

I actually have 2 voodoo 2s and a voodoo 3500 on the way. :) Got em for 20 bucks but I owe the guy some shipping.

makshim if you ever want to get rid of the voodoo 4 i sold ya. :) I'll take it back. hehe.

GodSpeed said:
My video card still beats all other cards on the market:
3dcard.jpg

I'm probably the only guy with this image considering I scanned it in when I was really young.

Hey, is that real?

Doubt it. It wouldn'yt fit in any fcomputer.

Back