Post PICs of your old cards!

Dozoy said:
Heh, anyone ever seen a 3DFX Voodoo Banshee? It is in my dads PII 450 rig (RUNS XP!!!). Ill post pics tomorrow.
'course we have. Lots of us are older than you think :p

Beside, there are a whole bunch of 3DFX cards posted a few pages back.

q3d_s12agptv.jpg

The only AGP Voodoo II board you could buy, a Quantum3D S-12 AGP.

Playing with my new digital camera-

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

Closeup of Rampage board.

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0135.jpg

Closeup of newest V5-6000 in the collection, a 3400-A3

The camera is a Nikon Coolpix L3- Most macro shots as pretty nice but I wish the flash was a little more stout or the lens was better at gathering light. It was the trade off I made for having something compact enough to slip into a pocket at a moments notice.

I'm planning on picking up a second "less compact" digital with a burly lens and flash for long range and night shoooting.

Check this out - these are still new, never worn. These 3dfx hats were given to employees and were also going to be included with the purchase of a V5-6000.

3dfxhatsvk7.jpg

I have on that I wear (been using it for years), and EVERYONE always asks what 3dfx is. Many think it's a band or something. I think I'll name my band that and make it easy. :)

v6_comdex.jpg

v6_1500.jpg

v6_2600.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

v6_3700.jpg

v6_3700p.jpg

v6_3900.jpg

1) Comdex 2x2
2) 1500
3) 2600
4) 3400
5) 3700
6) 3700 & proto heatsink
7) 3900

Since someone asked me about the V6k's I have, here ya go.

gdonovan said:
q3d_s12agptv.jpg

The only AGP Voodoo II board you could buy, a Quantum3D S-12 AGP.
what?? heres my bitchin Voodoo2 AGP 12-15mb somthing like that

well imageshack is busted, ill get a pic on later

Hey I've been lurkin for a while and thought I'd pitch in. I dont have anything extraordinarily old, but hey, here they are anyway (forgive the image quality, these were takin with my phone):

My fried Radeon 8500. I used this in place of the GF4 MX440 that came with my Gateway until it fried. I got a 6600GT to replace both.
photo080106001tq4.jpg

The motherboard from my first computer (I'm 15)... a HP 8560 or something like that. Has an onboard ATI 3D Rage Pro 8mb. Top of the line when we got it.
photo080106002jf3.jpg

photo080106003xr0.jpg

Aaaand my recently retired PCIe 6600GT :) Not old, but hey, it's older than the 7600GT I just got. For sale too ($80) or trade for 1gb of PC3200 ram.
photo080106004re4.jpg

Sometimes I find the cards, other times they come to me.

<check link to my site in sig>

piranha_three.jpg

piranha_six.jpg

Primary Image Piranha- Voodoo Graphics SLI with a total of 6 TMU's.

Only *known* example.

I have a couple of #9 VLB cards kicking around... 2MB ram :eek: :p

Maybe I'll post up some pics later.

Here's another Banshee I came across, a rare card from (the now defunct) Guillemont:

guillemontbanshee013smalldw7.jpg

This is the PCI version :D

Collecting old cards some time (about year) and got many- here are most interesting.
IBM EGA card (probadly) bios compile date is 9/13/1984!
http://82.114.193.227/vga/image/sbirka/ostatni/ega.jpg
This one is maybe older - core clock 1MHz
http://82.114.193.227/vga/image/sbirka/ostatni/um6845rf.jpg
And this one is most beatifull - hand work and gold plated memory modules :eek:
http://82.114.193.227/vga/image/sbirka/ostatni/cm607p.jpg
All of them are working, tested. But this one Tiga isnt working, but it have processor from Texas Industries at clock 40MHz (year 1988!!) big as 486DX from intel.
http://82.114.193.227/vga/image/sbirka/ostatni/tms34020agblf.jpg

At the end one reason why PC won against Amiga and others - ATi VGA Wonder 18800-1, this one have bios date 1990 and i used it in mine Commodore PC-III XT machine (40MB HDD, 2x5.25 FDD, 640kb ram) with cga integrated adapter to play Prince of Persia on 19inch LCD panel :D Great example of PC modularity - you can connect monitor from year 2006 to computer from year 1988 and image still looks awesome :) Many our customers were suprised when saw this.

18800-1f.jpg

If you wanna see more, check mine site http://vga.hopto.org/ or just http://82.114.193.227/vga/

Old, but good. My classic 4mb 3Dfx Voodoo PCI, the one you had to use the crossover cable from your main vga card with...ran GLQuake the first time after I got this card and about got sick...really. Once you got used to so much more of a true 3d there was no going back ever...

3dfx.jpg

3dfx2.jpg

I was going to post up pics of a monster XGA microchannel card from an ancient IBM PS/2. Sadly, I think I threw it out already :(

TheRapture said:
Just for curiosity sake, what is a vintage 3Dfx card going for.....
Depends. If we're talking V5 6000 or something else really rare that never made it to production, a lot. Anything else, next to nothing.

lithium726 said:
Depends. If we're talking V5 6000 or something else really rare that never made it to production, a lot. Anything else, next to nothing.
yup... its funny how a piece of hardware back then was a good paycheck to me, now you can find the shit at the dump that someone through away...

i hate technology....

BREATHE DAMMIT BREATHE!!!

I got my hands on another (working) Voodoo 3! I've never seen a Voodoo 3 that looked like this but here you go: (I'll have screenshots of it working in Windows, I'm currently installing it in my server)

new_voodoo3_1.jpg

new_voodoo3_2.jpg

new_voodoo3_3.jpg

card looks a little bare, all those solder points and nothing to solder them too...lol

Warrior said:
card looks a little bare, all those solder points and nothing to solder them too...lol
Yeah it's weird I've never seen one like this one. I'll be posting 3DMark01 and Quake 2 Screenshots soon :).

canopus_2500.jpg

Canopus 2500 (TNT) with external and internal cables for hooking up 3dfx pass-through.

2007_pure3dlx.jpg

Brand new sealed box Pure3d LX I snagged off Ebay a few months ago...

si_board.jpg

Oddball new V3-3500si (166mhz) off Ebay. Normal 3500 are clocked at 183mhz, this wierd board is at 166. I have no clue where 3dfx was selling them but it sure wasn't in the states and has PAL cable connection.

Stand back while I hit this thread with the paddles... CLEAR! zzzzzzzzzt!

2007_1400a0.jpg

Very nice V5-5500 1500-A0 pre-production engineering sample.

2007_v2.jpg

Pair of Voodoo II samples shipped with Glide SKD kit...

sale_macmagic.jpg

VillageTronic MacMagic 8MB Voodoo Graphics board.

Yes, you can play Glquake on a Mac.

It's funny but I only check this thread when I see you have posted :)

This is a Pentium II, it was originally attached to a Pentium II Slot but I removed it from the PCB and sanded down the back with a belt sander and did some very light wet sanding and keychained it (Yes that's a AMD IHS on my keychain too). The speed of the Pentium II was 450Mhz.

pentiumiikeychain_001.jpg

pentiumiikeychain_002.jpg

pentiumiikeychain_003.jpg

It's funny but I only check this thread when I see you have posted :)

Heh, I'll take that as a compliment!

I'm thinking about posting a picture of every single 3dfx card here in the collection... hmmm.. I have one very rare piece in route soon, perhaps I'll do it then.

One of only 2 complete known and the only one that somewhat functions.

Come on Fed-ex!

Back