Post PICs of your old cards!

sgi02 said:
You know , why is it that some of those old systems in older cases always seem so clean?

Seriously. I was thinking the same thing. HEPA filters in there? I'm not joking. How do you guys keep everything so shimmery?

Older systems don't use nearly as much energy, or produce as much heat, and so they just don't require a lot of air flow. Compare an old processor like a K6-2 that has ~10 million transistors to a Northwood P4 with ~55 million (not to mention a ~6x clock speed difference ;) ). I've seen plenty of systems from that era that were fine with no fan other than the one in the power supply.

here we go again !!

og21.JPG

og22.JPG

og23.JPG

gf2 mx

oldest one i have :p

card.jpg

also have a geforce2 ti500 at home and two gf4mx 440's with me at school. and a 7600gt :p

but because i'm really a ram guy at heart :D

ram.jpg

^^ nice memory pic.. I need to post my 30pin and 72pin memory collection! ;)

Got a few good ones here...I have some ISA ones somewhere but I don't know where.

The obligatory S3 Virge (everybody has one...)

virge.JPG

Here's a neat little card...an 8mb 3dlabs Permedia 2. Unfortunately, the ramdac is kinda flaky and anything above 800x600 produces wavy lines on the screen.

permedia.JPG

Here's an old 2mb ATI rage II. It had an optional expansion to 4mb (which I had but accidently broke) that attaches onto the two big rows of pins on the card...kind of an odd setup but it worked.

rage.JPG

And just for eclipse here's a few pics of some even older ram than he posted...30-pin FTW!

memory1.JPG

memory2.JPG

your desk looks like mine! :p :D

nice ram btw. i should get tsue to drag out his picture of some ram that he has with actual pins.. that stab the mobo :p

4800_1.jpg

3dfx Voodoo 4-4800

A 64 MB version of the V4-4500, only 3 known to be in collector hands.

4800_3.jpg

oh man!! i was waiting for thats card!!!!

awsome stuff guys... anyone got any cool storys they had?..

also have a geforce2 ti500 at home and two gf4mx 440's with me at school.

eather your talking a GF2 Ti or a GF3 Ti500

I've posted a crap ton of pictures in this thread...and well if I keep getting old cards I intend to keep posting more :).

geforce_2.jpg

w00t Geforce 2 MX200 64MB AGP goodness! I pulled this out of a rig I'm currently rebuilding.

revenant said:
^^ nice memory pic.. I need to post my 30pin and 72pin memory collection! ;)

ok - here we go.. 32mb 168pin, 8mb 72pin, 1mb 30pin..
then a PII slot cpu, "angel soft" edition. lol. sorry.. and a 386DX-25, 486DX2-66, and P1-75.

Old_mem.JPG

Old_cpus.JPG

meeeeeeemories.. *sniffle* ;)

ATI sapphire 7000 64mb PCI

just bought it a week ago on the forums. for my PSone screen.

not until now, iam thinking of takeing it down thou. doesnt really do anything great, and iam too lazy or too stupid to use Powerstrip and properly stretch it out.

Warrior said:
no pictures of it?

OK so I will post a couple of my first 3d card, the venerable Diamond 4mb Voodoo1...I paid $300 :eek: for it when it came out, and was blown away by GLQuake, which is the reason I bought the card in the first place! After I used it for Q1 and Q2, I sold it to a pal of mine that used it for a couple years (egads!) then I got it back from him, and I won't ever let it go again. I still have the original passthrough cable as well, although the box and contents are loooong gone....I have ran the card on an old Win98 box for grins and it works fine! I should pop it back in there and do some benchmarking maybe...hah.

3DFX.jpg

3DFX2.jpg

3DFX3.jpg

This thread has been... REBORN!!

i forgot to celebrate the 1st birthday of this thread its was over 2 months ago... :D

thanks to everyone and their awesome cards! and to the people that keep this thread alive with our fine history!!

rememeber folks.. a historic card is anything that you feel has gotten old to you.. maybe you just upgraded from your Geforce 4.... maybe you want to kiss the Nvidia 6 series good bye!
tell us the fun you had with its card and some good pics of it to show!

I'll have to pull out a lot of my old cards. I know I have a Matrox m3d, Voodoo3, GeForce 2, Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold, and boxes upon boxes of random old computer parts I have no idea about what they are. Maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow.

Walkintarget said:
My old MSI 5900 .... biggest heatsink I have ever seen on a video card, and the first that actually had a fan on the backside of the card. There was an 80mm on the front and a 60mm on the back, and I still have it in service today running on an NF3 board that is used as a DVR.

msi59001.jpeg

heh, i had 3 of them, and they all fukin broke, worst shitting card i ever did buy.

But, they did look cool. I had the nbox 5900 ultra version, and there goody box was real cool, games connections mouse etc, even the box itsself is cool as f00k, just a pity bout the actual cards.

The 286 that my dad was using at work finally crapped out. Of course, he gets all the hand-me-downs, so now he has a P-166 :p

Anyways, as usual, I get all the dead equipment. What the hell I'm supposed to do with crap this old, I have no clue. BUt I got bored :p

dsc002672ro.jpg

Old monochrome Video card.

OF course, I got bored and I had to test it :p

dsc002058gt.jpg

^ now that's old school :eek:

I don't usually keep my old cards, my first computer had onboard SiS video and I've sold or traded every newer one :( :mad:

Codegen said:
The 286 that my dad was using at work finally crapped out. Of course, he gets all the hand-me-downs, so now he has a P-166 :p

Anyways, as usual, I get all the dead equipment. What the hell I'm supposed to do with crap this old, I have no clue. BUt I got bored :p

<image snipped>

I used a monochrome card in my home file server for a few years. I had to ditch it though (much to my disappointment) after I upgraded the box's motherboard since it had no ISA slots.

HOLY EFFING SCREEN BURN BATMAN!

nothing new to contribute but i DO have a geforce 2 mx 440 now... :p

Killa_2327 said:
You guys got some pretty amazing stuff laying around. :D

Like this? :)

v6k_3400_large.jpg

V5-6000 3400-A3

I have only one more V5-6000 revision to obtain and then I have them all.

chemist_slime said:
How many of them are there? how much do they cost?

1) Revisions-

PCB dating is by week/year with 4599 being the 45 week, 1999 year.

4599 (Comdex board, only two made, non-functional display, 1 known)
0700 (Intel bridge chip)
1500 (Intel bridge chip)
2600 (First Hint bridge chip, 4 pin power connector)
3400 (First single pin power connector)
3700 (Most common revision, fairly stable)
3900 (Most un-common working revision, only 10-20 made, 2 known)

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/3dfx/v6k_faq.htm

I have them all but a 0700 which I have made a deal on a few months ago and I'm patiently waiting for. Total number of all revision boards made is estimated at less then 1500. I do have a "blank" 0700 PCB but it doesn't count ;-)

2) Cost varies and I usally don't disclose, can be as little as a few hundred to as much as $2000 depending on rarity and condition.

The 3400 shown above is unique as it has a set of fans done at 3dfx with the "5500" eyeball in the middle.

proto_banshee_16mb.jpg

Prototype 16MB Banshee board with TV-Outs, stereo glasses & VGA running at 50/78 mhz.

Stock is 100/100.

It runs Quake 3, but rather slow.

chemist_slime said:
How many of them are there? how much do they cost?

I used to work for 3dfx. There were many V5 6000 boards made - and many ended up in our hands (I have one too). None made it to retail channels, as it was never released. The original plan was to sell the V5 6000 in an aluminum case, priced at $600. Back then, $600 for a single card was considered insanity. By that time, the GeForce 2GTS was released, and...

Anyway, you know the rest :)

--G

Scream And Fly said:
The original plan was to sell the V5 6000 in an aluminum case, priced at $600. --G

Do you have any info/pics on that? I'd love to add the data to my v6k faq page.

PM is fine if need be.

gdonovan said:
[snip]
The 3400 shown above is unique as it has a set of fans done at 3dfx with the "5500" eyeball in the middle.

yeah - I noticed that. Pretty frickin' cool. :)

I'm not going to let this thread die...

ATI Rage Pro 128 32MB AGP
ATI%20Rage%20Pro%20128%2032_s.jpg

Powercolor Radeon 9250 128MB AGP
ATI%209250%20128_s.jpg

ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB AGP
ATI%209600%20XT%20128_s.jpg

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB AGP (with Artic Cooling VGA Silencer)
ATI%209800%20Pro%20128_s.jpg

Codegen said:

dsc002672ro.jpg

OF course, I got bored and I had to test it :p

dsc002058gt.jpg

Nice Find.

That's a REALLY late-model monochrome card. As you can see, the memory is only two DIPs, and the control logic is combined into a single ASIc and a couple of ROMS.

ORIGINAL IBM monochrome cards take up the entire fucking case :D

mdawb3.jpg

Heh, anyone ever seen a 3DFX Voodoo Banshee? It is in my dads PII 450 rig (RUNS XP!!!). Ill post pics tomorrow.

Back