post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

Wow. Great job everyone.

I just ordered a P182 yesterday and it'll be in on Wed. I'm using it for my next build and this is giving me ideas.

I'm wondering though, has anyone tried to paint the metal on the inside of a 180 or 182? That is, can you possibly disassemble it enough to do that?

I don't even have it in yet and already I'm getting ideas :)

I'm wondering though, has anyone tried to paint the metal on the inside of a 180 or 182? That is, can you possibly disassemble it enough to do that?

Haven't posted any pics of my recent P180B build, but I can tell you that disassembly of the P180/182 is going to be tough. There are parts that are riveted on, so you'd have to tape it in some paces to paint.

I was thinking about doing the black interior too though. I also wanted to work on the lower chamber to add another fan. It can be done with some modifications.

I painted my old P180. It came out looking just fine and you can take it apart just enough to get it done. I had to tape out some stuff but all in all it was fairly simple.

My first build, specs in sig. Got the Antec modded here in the UK at Kustom PC's and also had the window etch made, wanted a look similar to the Performance PC's version. Spent a lot of time considering which case to use but settled on the Antec P180 for the smooth lines and classic feel, but wanted to add a window to show the kit i've just invested a considerable amount in! :eek: Hope it still retains a classic feel despite the window...

DSCN1307.jpg

DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1311.jpg

I painted my old P180. It came out looking just fine and you can take it apart just enough to get it done. I had to tape out some stuff but all in all it was fairly simple.

Sounds like a weekend project :)

My first build, specs in sig. Got the Antec modded here in the UK at Kustom PC's and also had the winodow etch made, wanted a look similar to the Performance PC's version. Spent a lot of time considering which case to use but settled on the Antec P180 for the smooth lines and classic feel, but wanted to add a window to show the kit i've just invested a considerable amount in! Hope it still retains a classic feel despite the window...

I really like the window - how does it effect the sound?

I sprayed it out at work one night (it was a slow night :D) and assembled the next day. I used satin black semi gloss I think. Too shinny and it'll show any imperfection, flat black would catch dust and turn a Grey color very quickly I think.

I really like the window - how does it effect the sound?

Its actually still pretty silent, i really can't tell the difference from before. The acrylic used is about 8mm thick so i think that has made a difference from an average window mod. I installed some Sharkoon fans which are even quieter than the tri cool ones included even at 1 speed, and they also shift a lot more air than the antec's at that speed.

The case arrived today and I've been playing around with the parts to see how it is constructed. I really like it a lot and since it has no window I'm thinking about not painting it for now. The interior is a better finish than I thought and it actually looks great to me even if it is gray.

I did notice minor damage on the bottom bar on the front of the case and so I'll probably have to come up with a creative solution on that. The plastic 'handle' was snapped in two during shipping but glue ought to fix that since no weight or pressure will ever be on that part of the case.

Another WC'd P180:

DSCN1005.JPG

Being the retard I am, I've managed to get the inlet and outlet mixed up on the pump, so water goes into the CPU block through what is supposed to be the outlet, then goes out what is supposed to be the inlet. But not before it nails the accelerator plate! Bubble hell...

...so it's loading at 51C and I've managed to get 3.75GHz out of my $60 Pentium D :D

does anyone no of a place were u can buy a clearside for p180?. Not the hole case.

Yea I don't see them there anymore. I think performance-pcs sells them for $75 plus return shipping. But in that case you have to send in your current side panel.

Would someone be so kind as to take a picture of the front of their P180 with the door open? Out of the 100000's of pics of P180s I've seen, I've never ever seen a picture of what it looks like behind the door!!!!

Cheers.

Would someone be so kind as to take a picture of the front of their P180 with the door open? Out of the 100000's of pics of P180s I've seen, I've never ever seen a picture of what it looks like behind the door!!!!

Cheers.

Look up about 4 posts.... no door on that one.

extreme4377, I really like your system a lot!!!
If that was my system, i'd think it's pretty special. :)
Does that Zalman cool your Core Duo well?

i was gana cut mine but though best not stuff the case becuse i heard the triple layerd walls are realy hard to get apart so i bort a 900 lol

lol i changed my mind and iv started getting it ready to cut im also gana do sum more mods i will keep u guys up to date

extreme4377, I really like your system a lot!!!
If that was my system, i'd think it's pretty special. :)
Does that Zalman cool your Core Duo well?

Thanks, I appreciate it! I just replaced my Dell 2005FPW with the Westinghouse 37W3SE. What a difference! This thing is huge!

The Zalman keeps it nice and cool and its nice and quiet too. I do wish I would have ordered the 9700NT instead though.

i finaly posted pics off my p180b check first post on thread tell me wat u guys think

I should probably update my pictures....but here is the gist of what I have done. The PA160 makes for an extremely quite setup.

watercooling001.jpg

watercooling002.jpg

watercooling003.jpg

watercooling004.jpg

watercooling005.jpg

I have since done a little bit to the wiring, replaced the clouded tubing, gotten rid of the stupid plastic clamps for some worm clamps, added some thick gel vibration dampening to the pump, and a few other small things here and there.

Here's a P190 to break the P18x monotony.
underdeskshot.jpg

(Barely fits under my desk! :eek: )

p190in.jpg

I can barely fit the P182 under my desk, depth wise, so no P190 for me.. anyways, now im OT..

Pics!

DSC_5535.sized.jpg

DSC_7273_Big.sized.jpg

DSC_8338_DXO.sized.jpg

This is before I swapped the Noctua with the Nexus I had in front of the psu.. better temps now :)

Updated with new pictures after my rebuild... better temps, and not one noctua fan in there, those fans are overrated!

A bit of a late update after my first post here but here's my mostly finished P180:

IMG_2056a.jpg

IMG_2053a.jpg

IMG_2054a.jpg

IMG_2057a.jpg

Still need to buy a new Scythe Heatsink and a fan controller for all those Yate Loons.

P180/182 owners - Is it worth buying 120mm fan for the front?

I was thinking of purchasing 4 120mm fan for top, rear, lower chamber, and heatsink but not sure if I should purchase another for the front.

What are your opinions?

well i have 120 in the front and i dont think it makes much difrence so i wouldnt waste ur money but thats just me

i have my zalman 9500at pointing up, would that be better than pointing at the back of my p180? thanks.

My P182 in its current state, HDD bay in a bit of mess since I just installed a new drive. For all of you who haven't done it yet, the fan on the back of the upper HDD case lowered my MB/case temperature a few degrees celcius.

i find it easy if u take ur time with it but i didnt want to take to much time wireing mine becuse its just a case for now while i mod my antec 900

I got it with the window installed, so I couldn't compare it for you. Presumably, it would have a negative affect on the damping properties of the design, though.

Back