post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

iv herd somthing about u can send performance-pcs ur side and they mod it for like $70 but dono if they still do it

*saving for a repost*

I re-modded my case to make it more WM friendly. I'll post pix later.

My case airflow I don't think is the best at the moment in my p180b. I took out the upper hdd case and put a fan there as an intake. The fan is blowing pretty hard but it doesn't seem to be doing that much. Would anyone suggest that I put the upper hdd case back in (with nothing in it) and mount the fan on the end of the hdd case so that the fan is closer to the inside of the case and would therefor be blowing directly on my GPU?

I have a single fan on the case wall there. Seems to be doing alright.. but I've been having GPU issues lately. I 'll see whatI can do about mounting a fan in a different slot, and giveyou a heads up

i have tried every place in my case and no mater were i mount our how many fans i mounts in the p180b i cant get my temps down at all theres only 2 things i dont like about p180s is there cooling is crap and antec dont make a version with clearside:mad:

if i want the inside to be black can i just spray paint it? or is there a special procedure i have to do?

...and make sure to tape off the outside very very well. Overspray will make it look like crap if you don't cover it up.

Also, Mark, I am not sure what you've doing wrong -- probably still using the crappy included TriCools, for one -- but the cooling in the P180 is actually pretty good. I'm seeing high 20's C idle mid to low 50's C full load on CPU and 50C idle 60C load on my GPU which are pretty good temps.

...and make sure to tape off the outside very very well. Overspray will make it look like crap if you don't cover it up.

Also, Mark, I am not sure what you've doing wrong -- probably still using the crappy included TriCools, for one -- but the cooling in the P180 is actually pretty good. I'm seeing high 20's C idle mid to low 50's C full load on CPU
Well ofcourse, you're on water.

yer im getting about the same temps on air but i am comparing to my antec 900 so

Well ofcourse, you're on water.

It's crap Thermaltake watercooling. I've seen people with nice air setups -- Tuniq Towers and Ultra 120 Extremes -- get /better/ temps than me.

Of course, I have a bunch of Aqua Computer stuff in the mail, so this should change very soon...

yer im getting about the same temps on air but i am comparing to my antec 900 so

The P180 is a quiet case. The 900 is not. Expecting the same temps as a mostly steel mesh box from something with double-insulated walls for sound dampening is unrealistic in the extreme.

thats fuked we lost so many replys on this post there were 200 before until crapy hardforum stuffed up

Even my sig reverted.

Current state of the inside of my machine, more or less:
water.jpg

my.php

Specs:
q6600 (g0)
8800gts 640mb
2gb crucial ballistix
320gb HD
CoolerMaster 550 Xtreme Power
20x dvd burner

Temps:
CPU: 44c idle
GPU: 53c idle
HD: 35c idle
Ambient: 42c

lol they get pretty dusty i had to clean mine ever 2 weeks pretty much coz my comp is on all the time..... now that iv got my antec 900 goin im gana have to clean the hole case every two weeks lol

the auzentech prelude is coming tomorrow, will have to fit between the two ultras.......... a 120mm fan to blow them all.

I flipped my PSU over -- that helped, routing everything up behind the motherboard tray. You can also jam unused cabling under the PSU in the 'cage' it sits on as it has on top/bottom fans.

mito what are your CPU temps with the zalman on it? also your gpu temps?

also mito you can move the bottom fan behind the panel like this:
Picture016.jpg

it will give just a tad bit more room to work with, and by the way nice setup you got there:)

i'll post pix of my 180 to show some easier ways to hack into the case to make managing cables easier... mine looks really good now that I've re-modded it. :D

Ok I admit I had this pretty much done about 2 months ago but have not had the time to post the pics. Do to an unfortunate accident I lost the majority of the "build" pics, I'll get the ones I do have up in little bit. And its does still need some cosmetic retouches, but here it goes.

Started out with a Antec P180 (V1.1 got it for $35 at the local Computer store when the 182's came in). The 182 would have been a moot point for what I was planning on anyways.

Front!

DSCF0463.jpg

I went with a bright red and silver motif. I hate crome or anything near it so I went with the Rustoleum Silver Hammered paint, love the stuff. Its a bit deeper red IRL.....

DSCF0458.jpg

I did some extensive modification to the front, as I hate having the USB potr s on the front, added new power reset buttons, and changed the original power button to a LED switch (Normally closed, shuts off the LED's when the doors closed.)

DSCF0456.jpg

Power on door open.

DSCF0468.jpg

DSCF0469.jpg

Power on door closed (the only LED on when the door closed are the old HDD/Power LEDS)

DSCF0463.jpg

I also modified the vent on the top to a HDD activity meter/USB port/ Audio deal.

DSCF0459.jpg

Working

DSCF0465.jpg

DSCF0466.jpg

Watercooled and have the Rads exterior near the floor 1. its cooler/closer to the AC, gets the fans away from me so I do not hear them

DSCF0460.jpg

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

And the internal bits. I haven't gotten around to doing a full upgrade, going to wait until the end of the fiscal year to see what comes out.

DSCF0470.jpg

DSCF0472.jpg

Detailing the LED controller (thanks Antec for including a nice sized project box!).

DSCF0471.jpg

Well there ya go, thats my build, I'll try and recover some of the work log pics , I know I still have a few that survived.

Tell me what you think!

****reposted due to previous forums issue!****

Wow, pure craftsmanship! I gotta question: did you use primer before you started with that paint?

In a word; Impressive! :eek:

While I'm not sure that I would have gone for a red color, it's obvious that you have done a lot of quality work into this, congrats. :)

Thanks. I went with the red just to be different. To many black cases around for my taste!

I used several coats of different primers. Any parts that were painted red I used a light grey automotive ,self etching sand-able primer, which I wet sanded with 400 and 600 grit sand paper between coats (3 coats). Any part with the silver "hammered" finish paint (Rustoleum) I used regular rustoleum dark gray primer, which I wet sanded (2 or 3 depending on the piece) between coats with 400 grit.

What I did not notice until I had taken and posted the pictures (the first time) is that I had some polish and/or glaze in the cracks, thats the white you see around the edges of the red.

mito what are your CPU temps with the zalman on it? also your gpu temps?

tempsgr3.jpg

now there's an Auzentech Prelude sitting right between my two 8800ultra in SLI.

Temps have increased... Gonna have to put a fan in the upper HD tray... Any ideas how?

rig001ng4.jpg

Hope those temps are under CPU load mito.

they ain't......... what could be wrong....... :(:(:(:( :(:(:(

I believe the 9700nt was properly seated over the q6600... I used zalman's thermal grease, which was applied over both the cpu and the zalman....

note: room temperature sucks, because air conditioning wasn't on, it's hot outside, like 30C... So my room temp is like that, it sucks. The case is closed.

I just turned my computer on, and the temps are as follow:

temp2gd2.jpg

I wish someone would mod my p182 for me, I have really clumsy hands so I don't trust myself building anything haha.

Temps have increased... Gonna have to put a fan in the upper HD tray... Any ideas how?

I have mounted a 120mm fan in the top tree 5 1/4" bays with four strips and it works like a charm. I'll see if I can snap a few pictures of it later. :)

Is there a more cost efficient way of getting a window on the sidepanel of a p182 without paying an arm and a leg?

i would mod it for you. Although I don't know how to put a windown on the side panel just yet, but I've got an idea. (thought about it for my p180)

you can also ask those onhere who build custom riggs to send you a 'how to' on it.

Back