Popular and successful games you just don't care for

Counterstrike - Never liked the buy system in MP. This was my first turn off to it. I also hated the long respawn timers. I much preferred the arena shooters of the day like Quake III and Unreal Tournament over CS. Over time I came to like it less and less because it hasn't evolved. It's got pretty simplistic and dated mechanics. The graphics are also shit. To this day I still want to punch anyone who uses the word "Deagle" to describe a Desert Eagle. Thanks CS.

The Witcher Series - I'm not into fantasy genre games as a general rule. There are exceptions, but these didn't do it for me. It wasn't the story or anything so much as I didn't care for the basic gameplay. The games felt overly convoluted and clunky. Granted, I only played the first two, but I never got very far despite everyone's insistence that these are some of the best games ever made. I just don't see it.

World of Warcraft - Graphics were shit out of the gate. I hated the cartoony art style and frankly, I just don't like MMO's and the bullshit that goes with them. I tried this one too, but couldn't get into it.

Assassin's Creed Games - In fairness, I've only ever played the first one. It was overly repetitive and I didn't like the combat.

Assassin's Creed Games - In fairness, I've only ever played the first one. It was overly repetitive and I didn't like the combat.
Give the newer ones a try if you see them cheap. Combat was the same for seemingly forever (basically until Syndicate), but the last few overhauled it. They've implemented a combat system closer to the Souls games and God of War...but more forgiving than both. AC1 was also incredibly repetitious even to those that like the series, too. They still might not be your thing, but they have dramatically improved in those two areas.

halflife 1/2, portal, etc.. Just never done it for me. And im from the 80's area of PC gaming originally.

If it had Adam Jensen elegance in it...that voice alone, ahh🥰to die for!
to each there own ;)

1606965778452.png

halflife 1/2, portal, etc.. Just never done it for me. And im from the 80's area of PC gaming originally.
i never got those either, didnt do it for me.

Racing games like Gran Turismo, Dirt, Forza, F1, etc. I never got the point of endurance racing, or playing in an limited real life sim.

Sports games like Madden, NCAA, Fifa, NHL XX, etc. Play to play was somewhat interesting, but ultimately if I wanted to level up players I would go find something not hinging on the talents of a virtual 18 year old.

Last edited:
Racing games like Gran Turismo, Dirt, Forza, F1, etc. I never got the point of endurance racing, or playing in an limited real life sim.

Sports games like Madden, NCAA, Fifa, NHL XX, etc. Play to play was somewhat interesting, but ultimately if I wanted to level up players I would go find something not hinging on the talents of a virtual 18 year old.

I would agree with console racing titles like Gran Turismo and Forza, but titles like Assetto Corsa Competizione, Assetto Corsa with Content Manager, rFactor2, RaceRoom and iRacing is a totally different experience. Physics of these sims have evolved over the years and are top notch imo, with a wheel of course.

My no play list has changed as I aged. Especially in this streaming era.

The only constant no play during all that time was/is counter-strike. I love FPS's but that series and the culture that surrounded it in the 90's/00's was just too much. I hated hosting LAN's with that game as a tournament.

Now a days, I find I have cranky old man, get off my lawn syndrome. I can't stand streamers. I can't stand all the micro transactions. I can't stand all the internet Rambo's. Give me solo single player games these days. This is where I value series like FarCry. Its a repeated series of the same thing but sits precisely in the world I want of singleplayer, no microtransactions and no playing on remote servers. Fallout used to be my saving grace but damn them all to hell for FO76.

Cyberpunk2077.
Taco knows it isn't out yet, but got zero interest in one about now. Too much hardcore youngster punk. If it had Adam Jensen elegance in it...that voice alone, ahh🥰to die for!

The opinions of people who always refer to themselves in the third person are questionable at best. :)

My no play list has changed as I aged. Especially in this streaming era.

The only constant no play during all that time was/is counter-strike. I love FPS's but that series and the culture that surrounded it in the 90's/00's was just too much. I hated hosting LAN's with that game as a tournament.

Now a days, I find I have cranky old man, get off my lawn syndrome. I can't stand streamers. I can't stand all the micro transactions. I can't stand all the internet Rambo's. Give me solo single player games these days. This is where I value series like FarCry. Its a repeated series of the same thing but sits precisely in the world I want of singleplayer, no microtransactions and no playing on remote servers. Fallout used to be my saving grace but damn them all to hell for FO76.
1607018325914.png

In high school, I loved LAN parties and playing with my friends. After I moved away, it just wasn't as fun, I got out of online multiplayer and moved to strictly singleplayer.
Once in a while I'll jump on an online match in some game, play for a bit, then get bored of it. It's just not fun, and truly is a waste of time.

I'll take a singleplayer game with a great storyline any day.

View attachment 305333

In high school, I loved LAN parties and playing with my friends. After I moved away, it just wasn't as fun, I got out of online multiplayer and moved to strictly singleplayer.
Once in a while I'll jump on an online match in some game, play for a bit, then get bored of it. It's just not fun, and truly is a waste of time.

I'll take a singleplayer game with a great storyline any day.

LANs are great, nothing beats gaming with buddies in the same room. We still get together once a month to roll some game.

that being said I don't give a rats ass about the current multiplayer atmosphere, competitive and its wannabe competitive followers could burn tomorrow and I'd bring marshmellows. Its bland 'balanced' gameplay and follow the meta just doesn't appeal to me.

Where do I even begin?

The list would be too long....

I've basically been playing one game over and over for the last 3-4 years.

Either I'm losing "the fire" or so many games nowadays appear so cookie-cutter and bloated for the sake of extending gameplay-time....

Last edited:
For me, its any of the The Sims games or others of that genre. Any and all battle Royale types, never interested me much. Stuff like WoW and Dota are high up there, too.

Counterstrike - Never liked the buy system in MP. This was my first turn off to it. I also hated the long respawn timers. I much preferred the arena shooters of the day like Quake III and Unreal Tournament over CS. Over time I came to like it less and less because it hasn't evolved. It's got pretty simplistic and dated mechanics. The graphics are also shit. To this day I still want to punch anyone who uses the word "Deagle" to describe a Desert Eagle. Thanks CS.

The Witcher Series - I'm not into fantasy genre games as a general rule. There are exceptions, but these didn't do it for me. It wasn't the story or anything so much as I didn't care for the basic gameplay. The games felt overly convoluted and clunky. Granted, I only played the first two, but I never got very far despite everyone's insistence that these are some of the best games ever made. I just don't see it.

World of Warcraft - Graphics were shit out of the gate. I hated the cartoony art style and frankly, I just don't like MMO's and the bullshit that goes with them. I tried this one too, but couldn't get into it.

LOL, I've never seen a post that I agreed with on every point until now.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
For me, its any of the The Sims games or others of that genre. Any and all battle Royale types, never interested me much. Stuff like WoW and Dota are high up there, too.

Ooh yeah, I totally forgot about WoW and MOBAs, pretty much any massive MMO or arena combat are lame.

All of the big name games that continue to be released as first person.

Looking at the list of best selling games:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Would be much shorter to list those I had the chance to care/get into, I think a lot of them maybe I would have liked just did not try because they were console exclusive or not released at a time I was into a break of gaming much.

I will retry because it was an expensive buy, but I could not get into Red Dead Redemption 2, it did feel like an authentic living experience of the time at all (like Deadwood did) nor a fun arcade game affair like the first grand theft auto either, a strange in the middle.

Assassin Creed are hard to get into as well (one that I would really love to like), feel like I would prefer not have all the modern flashback, combat system mechanics was a bit boring and it felt like the type of game that you could play in a language you do not understand with a minimap that always tell you what to do and what button to press appearing on the screen like a guitar hero, that fine when you go all in into it but that not the case either, you are left with a nice tech demo to look at (again fine if you go all in into it, specially on release when it was a really nice tech demo), maybe some of the sequels differ.

Grand theft auto pass the third one, while I played a lot of the first 3.

Some I never tried, feeling that it would be too much a toll on life if I liked them, like World of warcraft and other very high dependency inducing type of mechanics.

Lol, I doubt there are many games there that I even played let alone liked enough to finish. I can say I've tried every game I wanted to from this list.
#2 Grand Theft Auto V - OK I didn't hate this one, but wasn't overly thrilled by it either it was an OK game, much less fun than GTAIV, which in turn was less fun than San Andreas, which in turn was less fun than Vice City (the best in the series so far)

#13 - RDR2: I found it boring, the characters unlikable, the gameplay unfun and tedious, so nothing compelled me to continue the game after a few hours, waste of money that was.

#19 - Skyrim: Alright, I actually liked this one, so that's one.

#24 - Witcher 3 - Same story as RDR2

#25 - GTA San Andreas - That's two games I liked from the list, I'm amazed.

#27 - Cod: Black Ops - Another game I Finished, I'm not sure I loved it though, it was passable.

#30 - GTA:IV - Yeah I liked this one a lot too.

#45 - Lemmings, that's interesting, I didn't expect this old game to be on here, I guess that's all the sales of all sequels, versions and re-releases. I played it a little back on my 286, so I guess this qualifies as liked as well.

#46 - GTA Vice City - used to play the crap out of this one.

#47 - The Last of Us - Wasn't thrilled by the gameplay, loved the story, so another overall liked game.

So 8 out of the 50 best selling games of all time I could get into.
Tried but hated 2 of them
Didn't even want to try the other 40.

PUBG, DayZ, Ubisoft games, they all feel cheaply done to me.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Boring and game mechanics feel dated played it about 20 hours... Also don't like being part of a caravan and doing all the work then having people complain that I haven't contributed in awhile. I use this as a benchmark now, the game does look great, I'll give it that much.

I hate everything post 2010. Like my days of pc gaming exist from 1990 to 2010. Ah well.

Lol, I doubt there are many games there that I even played let alone liked enough to finish. I can say I've tried every game I wanted to from this list.
#2 Grand Theft Auto V - OK I didn't hate this one, but wasn't overly thrilled by it either it was an OK game, much less fun than GTAIV, which in turn was less fun than San Andreas, which in turn was less fun than Vice City (the best in the series so far)

#13 - RDR2: I found it boring, the characters unlikable, the gameplay unfun and tedious, so nothing compelled me to continue the game after a few hours, waste of money that was.

#19 - Skyrim: Alright, I actually liked this one, so that's one.

#24 - Witcher 3 - Same story as RDR2

#25 - GTA San Andreas - That's two games I liked from the list, I'm amazed.

#27 - Cod: Black Ops - Another game I Finished, I'm not sure I loved it though, it was passable.

#30 - GTA:IV - Yeah I liked this one a lot too.

#45 - Lemmings, that's interesting, I didn't expect this old game to be on here, I guess that's all the sales of all sequels, versions and re-releases. I played it a little back on my 286, so I guess this qualifies as liked as well.

#46 - GTA Vice City - used to play the crap out of this one.

#47 - The Last of Us - Wasn't thrilled by the gameplay, loved the story, so another overall liked game.

So 8 out of the 50 best selling games of all time I could get into.
Tried but hated 2 of them
Didn't even want to try the other 40.
You find Witcher 3 boring but like the crap that is skyrim?

/Facepalm

For me its GTA V. I enjoyed GTA 3, VC, SA, IV and it's expansions.....yet I just can't get into GTA V at all. I have tried repeatedly to get in the zone with this game and simply can't do it........really not sure why lol. Even just driving around and creating havoc doesn't just doesn't do it for me in this version. So I'm working on replaying GTA IV The Lost and the Damned instead. Glad I got GTA V on sale and didn't spend much on it.

I'm going to get crucified for saying this but I find Fortnite, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, & survivor games (7 days to die, scum, etc) just way too tedious, I think the lack of story on some of these games is what killed it for me. Must be my age (mid 30's) but I find these games just plain boring. And it's not like I hate multiplayer games because I play the crap out Battlefront, Battlefield, Deep Rock Galactic, Destiny 2, etc.

You find Witcher 3 boring but like the crap that is skyrim?

/Facepalm
How dare someone not like what you like! And even worse how dare they like what you don't like!

Yes it was a borefest, the gameplay was unfun, but above all I didn't like the main character at all.That was the tipping factor that meant I couldn't get into any of the Witcher games. I got furthest in the second but eventually succcumbed to geralt's generally distasteful assholery and unsophisticated nature.

How dare someone not like what you like! And even worse how dare they like what you don't like!

Yes it was a borefest, the gameplay was unfun, but above all I didn't like the main character at all.That was the tipping factor that meant I couldn't get into any of the Witcher games. I got furthest in the second but eventually succcumbed to geralt's generally distasteful assholery and unsophisticated nature.
I just don't understand how you find Witcher boring when skyrim is worse in every damn way. I literally dozed off during the opening.

Open world is about as boring as it can get for me. Just can’t get into it. Have Witcher 3 and gta5 don’t know how many times I have tried to play ugh! CP 2077 ain’t getting it either

The new Tomb Raider games, and virtually every Assassin's Creed game. I remember playing the original Assassin's Creed game and then 2, and wondering why they are continuing to make these games... and yet here we are like 20 games later and they are pumped out like every year and they are all virtually the same. Black Flag I probably enjoyed the most out of all of them because of the ability to captain ships, and engage in sea battles but I never finished it. I bought Origins on sale recently and I just can't get into it despite it's great reviews and the fact that Ubisoft took some time off between Origin and the previous AC game to create a better game however it still just is the same old shit to me. I am always surprised how people are willing to fork over their hard-earned money for games like this that are the same every year. My attitude towards AC games are like towards sports games. I love soccer, but I will never buy the latest FIFA... i'll buy the one from 3 or 4 games ago if I REALLY want a new soccer game b/c I just want a soccer game with newer graphics at that point. I got AC Origins because to me it was a AC game with newer graphics, but it never engaged me enough to make me want to continue and mostly the same reason I just gave up on Rise of the Tomb Raider last night... I am tired of having to go on quests and hunt to have better gear. I just want to have fun going from point A to B, and I want there to be a reason for me to do it.

I just don't understand how you find Witcher boring when skyrim is worse in every damn way. I literally dozed off during the opening.
Easy. Witcher 3 spoon feds you a finished character, that you either like or not. I didn't like him so I bailed.
Skyrim / Oblivion gives you a completely blank slate, you can be anything and anyone. It's just up to your imagination. You don't play TES to finish the measly 10-12 hour generic main quest. You forge your own path, the witcher does not allow that.
Despite both being fantasy games they are not comparable.

Easy. Witcher 3 spoon feds you a finished character, that you either like or not. I didn't like him so I bailed.
Skyrim / Oblivion gives you a completely blank slate, you can be anything and anyone. It's just up to your imagination. You don't play TES to finish the measly 10-12 hour generic main quest. You forge your own path, the witcher does not allow that.
Despite both being fantasy games they are not comparable.
A blank slate that has zero personally and any meaningful interactions with NPCs.

A blank slate that has zero personally and any meaningful interactions with NPCs.
That's kind of what a blank slate is. If you had an established personality or backstory it wouldn't be a very good blank would it?

So will you allow me to like skyrim in peace while disliking the Witcher, or is that verboten?

The new Tomb Raider games, and virtually every Assassin's Creed game. I remember playing the original Assassin's Creed game and then 2, and wondering why they are continuing to make these games... and yet here we are like 20 games later and they are pumped out like every year and they are all virtually the same. Black Flag I probably enjoyed the most out of all of them because of the ability to captain ships, and engage in sea battles but I never finished it. I bought Origins on sale recently and I just can't get into it despite it's great reviews and the fact that Ubisoft took some time off between Origin and the previous AC game to create a better game however it still just is the same old shit to me. I am always surprised how people are willing to fork over their hard-earned money for games like this that are the same every year. My attitude towards AC games are like towards sports games. I love soccer, but I will never buy the latest FIFA... i'll buy the one from 3 or 4 games ago if I REALLY want a new soccer game b/c I just want a soccer game with newer graphics at that point. I got AC Origins because to me it was a AC game with newer graphics, but it never engaged me enough to make me want to continue and mostly the same reason I just gave up on Rise of the Tomb Raider last night... I am tired of having to go on quests and hunt to have better gear. I just want to have fun going from point A to B, and I want there to be a reason for me to do it.
The three modern AC games are among the best games I have ever played.

The worst part about the Witcher is being forced to play a guy with white hair. I never made it past the Witcher 3 demo.

Pokemon: Only tried the first one, and also watched a handful of the cartoons from the beginning... found it pretty cruel premise, capturing wild animals against their will and forcing them to battle each other for sport.

Bioshock: Tried the first one and wanted to like it as System Shock games are awesome, but this.... nah, reeks of pretentiousness

Halo: just about the most generic boring game I've ever played. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd game is better, but the first was like "uh, why is this popular? oh, console gamers never played a fps before? yikes..."

Kingdom Hearts: I hate the kid and how he orgasmically yelps everytime you jump or swing the sword or something. so annoying and ruined what might've otherwise been an interesting game.

Dark Souls. Could never get into it, tried multiple times over the course of 20-ish hours.

Reactions: DrDoU
like this
Back