Poll: AMD RX 5700 Series vs NVidia RTX Super. Which gets your money?

AMD RX 5700 Series vs NVidia RTX Super. Which gets your money?

• NVidia RTX 2060 (old 6GB version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD RX 5700

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • NVidia RTX 2060 Super

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • AMD RX 5700 XT

Votes: 81 32.5%
  • NVidia RTX 2070 Super

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Already have close enough/better AMD card for now, waiting on next big thing

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Already have close enough/better NVidia card for now, waiting on next big thing

Votes: 89 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you believe the RTX 2070 SUPER beats the 5700xt is every game..? (stock for stock) :wideyed:

You do know that Navi10 is both the 5700 and the 5700xt and we have seen the reviews and the performance between the two. Being the same chip (5700/XT) we know what OC Navi gets and what aspects make RDNA good and bad. It is all there for all you nay-sayers to read. For as many charts as you can show me the RTX2070 Super beating the 5700XT, I can show you a review/chart/game where the 5700XT beats the $100 more RTX2070 SUPER.

And, when speaking of efficiency I wasn't speaking of card, but of the architecture RDNA vs Turing.

Come back with something more than memes and low-brow snickers. Try facts & figures. But I suspect you'll stay away from them, because they will be used against you... cuz another here already caught you lying and posted a chart laughing at you...

There isn't a review where Navi beats the 2079 super. Best case scenario it's 2% slower on average (hardware unboxed and anandtech) and other reviews show it closer to 7-9%.

Overclocking on the 5700xt doesn't do much, likely due to bandwidth limitations. This is shown by gamersnexus, hardware unboxed, and jayz2cents.

Oh, I actually own a 5700xt btw

Attachments

• IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 0
Why are you guys ganging up on gamer x? He's just doing his best to earn that paycheck. Seems to be pretty dedicated and doesn't buckle under pressure. 8/10, would hire for my PR department.

Why are you guys ganging up on gamer x? He's just doing his best to earn that paycheck. Seems to be pretty dedicated and doesn't buckle under pressure. 8/10, would hire for my PR department.

I wouldn't.

It's the kind of irritating "advocacy" that makes me want the product less.

It's kind of like the, in your face Linux zealots, that move me from neutral, to "fuck Linux".

With advocates like this, you don't need enemies.

How is Navi "far superior" in games?

Lets compare the 5700xt to the 2070. According to Techpower's summary of 21 games the
5700xt is
  • 0-2% faster
  • consumes 12% more power
  • using about the same (-5%) transistors on a more expensive node per transistor
  • utilizes 7nm which has a much higher heat density making it much harder to cool
  • utilizes a sub par blower cooler design
  • lacks any kind of ray tracing support
  • lacks a comparable technology to NVENC
relative-performance_1920-1080.png
relative-performance_2560-1440.png
relative-performance_3840-2160.png
power-gaming-average.png

So the card that utilizes a value style cooler, with inferior features, inferior performance to TDP ratio; is "far superior".

There is one metric AMD has an undisputed lead in:

fannoise_load.png

To me, depending on your value in some of these categories you can say the differences are negligible, but please explain with facts and not AMD marketing how Navi is “far superior”.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lets compare the 5700xt to the 2070. According to Techpower's summary of 21 games the
5700xt is
  • 0-2% faster
  • using about the same (-5%) transistors on a more expensive node per transistor
  • utilizes 7nm which has a much higher heat density making it much harder to cool

So the card that utilizes a value style cooler, with inferior features, inferior performance to TDP ratio; is "far superior".

To me, depending on your value in some of these categories you can say the differences are negligible, but please explain with facts and not AMD marketing how Navi is “far superior”.

Oh, you decided to try and use facts..?

Lets start with the first one, you are looking at the 5700 review, not the 5700xt review (That site did 2 seperate reviews). Are you really trying to compare a $349 Radeon card to a $499 Nvidia one? Ok, then make it fare and at least use the 5700xt for that comparison.

Since Battlefield is one of the first games that Nvidia released their RTX cards on, it is only fare to use Battlefield as an ILLUSTRATION of one game comparison between RDNA... compared it to Turing's obsolete architecture. (As you suggested, we will use techpowerup.)

battlefield-5-2560-1440[1].png

OUCH… anyone see the RTX 2060 SUPER anywhere..? (OH, I see it hanging back there with the Vega64s..)

And.. where is the $499 RTX 2070 SUPER..?

Oh smack, will you look at that, the RTX 2070 SUPER (TU-104) can't compete with a $399 RDNA Navi (5700xt) in BATTLEFIELD. And IN FACT... if you look closely, the RTX 2070 SUPER ($499) is having a hard time beating the $349 RDNA Navi 5700, too. (Do you see it..?)

far-cry-5-2560-1440[1].png

Here ONCE AGAIN, you can see that RDNA is ahead of Turing.... and cost $100 less.

More from techpowerup..?… OK!

shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-2560-1440[1].png

Oh, more FACTS?

metro-exodus-2560-1440[1].png

The point is, your FACTS don't back up your argument that Turing is more powerful architecture, or more efficient.

Thus, Your bullet points are wrong and you are attempting to compare CARDS, not achitectures. We know the Radeon 5700 beat and surpasses the equally priced RTX2060 SUPER in nearly every game, for less money. And the 5700xt trades blows and more often than not with the TU-104 RTX2070 SUPER, which is $100 more.

Matter of fact, if you downclock Navi's 5700 series to be on par with Nvidia's game peformance (5700 -vs- 2060 SUPER), that the Radeon uses less power, while both cards perform the same. Conversely, if you OC the Nvidia card to equal the performance of the 5700 series, Nvidia uses more power. RDNA as an architecture is more efficient than Turing too.

You will see this when a bigger RDNA chip comes.

:ROFLMAO:

Since Battlefield is one of the first games that Nvidia released their RTX cards on, it is only fare to use Battlefield as an ILLUSTRATION of one game comparison between RDNA

And IN FACT

Oh, more FACTS?

your FACTS

Thus, Your bullet points are wrong and you are attempting to compare CARDS, not achitectures

that the Radeon uses less power, while both cards perform the same

RDNA as an architecture is more efficient than Turing too.

Troll harder.

Troll harder.

Yep, you are a troll-hard.... I quoted the proof.

Laugh at those graphs all you want little kid, but logical people are using those Charts & Graphs to objectively buy Navi (Microcenter much... or just forum troll?). That is why you are here laughing at the messenger and not playing on your brand new RTX2060 SUPER, isn't it..?

Navi10 trades blows with Vega20 in many games and they are both on the same 7nm process. That is how much more powerful RDNA is over GCN in gaming..

Lets start with the first one, you are looking at the 5700 review, not the 5700xt review (That site did 2 seperate reviews). Are you really trying to compare a $349 Radeon card to a $499 Nvidia one? Ok, then make it fare and at least use the 5700xt for that comparison.

Since Battlefield is one of the first games that Nvidia released their RTX cards on, it is only fare to use Battlefield as an ILLUSTRATION of one game comparison between RDNA... compared it to Turing's obsolete architecture. (As you suggested, we will use techpowerup.)

View attachment 177790

OUCH… anyone see the RTX 2060 SUPER anywhere..? (OH, I see it hanging back there with the Vega64s..)

And.. where is the $499 RTX 2070 SUPER..?

Oh smack, will you look at that, the RTX 2070 SUPER (TU-104) can't compete with a $399 RDNA Navi (5700xt) in BATTLEFIELD. And IN FACT... if you look closely, the RTX 2070 SUPER ($499) is having a hard time beating the $349 RDNA Navi 5700, too. (Do you see it..?)

View attachment 177792

Here ONCE AGAIN, you can see that RDNA is ahead of Turing.... and cost $100 less.

More from techpowerup..?… OK!

View attachment 177798

Oh, more FACTS?

View attachment 177799

The point is, your FACTS don't back up your argument that Turing is more powerful architecture, or more efficient.

Thus, Your bullet points are wrong and you are attempting to compare CARDS, not achitectures. We know the Radeon 5700 beat and surpasses the equally priced RTX2060 SUPER in nearly every game, for less money. And the 5700xt trades blows and more often than not with the TU-104 RTX2070 SUPER, which is $100 more.

Matter of fact, if you downclock Navi's 5700 series to be on par with Nvidia's game peformance (5700 -vs- 2060 SUPER), that the Radeon uses less power, while both cards perform the same. Conversely, if you OC the Nvidia card to equal the performance of the 5700 series, Nvidia uses more power. RDNA as an architecture is more efficient than Turing too.

Yep, you are a troll-hard.... I quoted the proof.

Laugh at those graphs all you want little kid, but logical people are using those Charts & Graphs to objectively buy Navi (Microcenter much... or just forum troll?). That is why you are here laughing at the messenger and not playing on your brand new RTX2060 SUPER, isn't it..?

Navi10 trades blows with Vega20 in many games and they are both on the same 7nm process. That is how much more powerful RDNA is over GCN in gaming..

You’re wrong. I quoted the 5700xt review, hell, you can see it highlighted in the charts and it’s at 100% as the baseline in the summary charts.

No, you quoted individual games because the aggregate did not tell the story you wanted.

IdiotInCharge summed up your response...

Someone please give a like to any of GamerX posts, pity like if you must, but please, He's trying really hard. I feel sorry for him as it seems he's alone in this quest. I don't want him to quit when he realizes no one is backing him up on his claims :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Nice try!
Notice how you passed over the charts & graphs... to focus on the 5% difference highlighted in TechpowerUps conclusion..? You are hiding behind your own factoids.

• 0-2% faster
Notice how you are agreeing and concede the fact, that Navi is FASTER..? So for less money, Navi is faster than it's competitor. Or for $50 bucks more get a 5700xt that is within 5% in 20+ games of a $500 card.

Thus, making Navi performance ratio even greater.

RDNA ownz GCN and TURING. Little ole 251mm^2 is kicking everyone butts and it is upsetting you cheerleaders.

Nice try!
Notice how you passed over the charts & graphs... to focus on the 5% difference highlighted in TechpowerUps conclusion..? You are hiding behind your own factoids.

• 0-2% faster
Notice how you are agreeing and concede the fact, that Navi is FASTER..? So for less money, Navi is faster than it's competitor. Or for $50 bucks more get a 5700xt that is within 5% in 20+ games of a $500 card.

Thus, making Navi performance ratio even greater.

RDNA ownz GCN and TURING. Little ole 251mm^2 is kicking everyone butts and it is upsetting you cheerleaders.

See below. Have to look at the whole picture. You never explained how Navi is “far superior”.

5700xt is
  • 0-2% faster

No big surprises in the polling. More AMD buyers are buying, more NVidia buyers, already have RTX cards and are waiting.

Though I did expect RX 5700 to fair better relative to the 5700 XT.

But this may have run it's course, having turned into a troll thread. Why do people feed obvious troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back