Poll: AMD RX 5700 Series vs NVidia RTX Super. Which gets your money?

AMD RX 5700 Series vs NVidia RTX Super. Which gets your money?

• NVidia RTX 2060 (old 6GB version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD RX 5700

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • NVidia RTX 2060 Super

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • AMD RX 5700 XT

Votes: 81 32.5%
  • NVidia RTX 2070 Super

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Already have close enough/better AMD card for now, waiting on next big thing

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Already have close enough/better NVidia card for now, waiting on next big thing

Votes: 89 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
27" 144hz gaming monitors are dirt cheap now, and millions of 1080p Gamers are looking to move up to 1440p, in the near future.

That is going to take some thoughtful decisions and a lot cash, when the MAJORITY start to upgrade their gaming experience & dumping their old 1080p monitors for the new mainstream 1440p. And in research, many will find that 32" size plays an important spot on their desktop for at home PC gaming.

It is quite natural to go from 27" 1080p to 32" 1440p a decade later. And that is exactly where the MAINSTREAM is moving to right now, 1440p @ 120Hz+. With a good many ready to make the leap into full 4k Monitor and just downscale the gameplay until better GPU arrive.

It is good to know that with AMD's RDNA architecture, a mainstream 1440p gpu is $349. Next year will be a great year for Gamers.

Not really 'overbuilding'. They NEED to use heavier duty VRMs to withstand the torture their cards may go through. Once OC'd, power demands go through the roof. See the GN vid towards the end.

Definitely overbuilt on the reference models, especially when compared to what the stock settings are.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
27" 144hz gaming monitors are dirt cheap now, and millions of 1080p Gamers are looking to move up to 1440p, in the near future.

That is going to take some thoughtful decisions and a lot cash, when the MAJORITY start to upgrade their gaming experience & dumping their old 1080p monitors for the new mainstream 1440p. And in research, many will find that 32" size plays an important spot on their desktop for at home PC gaming.

It is quite natural to go from 27" 1080p to 32" 1440p a decade later. And that is exactly where the MAINSTREAM is moving to right now, 1440p @ 120Hz+. With a good many ready to make the leap into full 4k Monitor and just downscale the gameplay until better GPU arrive.

It is good to know that with AMD's RDNA architecture, a mainstream 1440p gpu is $349. Next year will be a great year for Gamers.

I am an AMD fan and even purchased a Sapphire RX 5700 Open Box for $284, before tax. That said, your attempt at pushing the story line you are putting forward is just not working and also, not even needed. Both sides have good cards and one is not killing it over the other. Also, considering where AMD was financially, just 2.5 years ago, they are making some very strong headway in all areas.

I love the fact that my Navi / RDNA based 5700 for $284 is beating my GCN based Vega 56 that I paid $480 for about 2 years ago. (That is with the Vega 64 bios flashed to it, as well.) I do not personally support NVidia and will not do so in my own computers but, if I know someone who wants me to build them a computer with an NVidia card, I will not hesitate to do so within the money they budget out for the computer.

So you admit knowing, yet lying?

You do know that is considered trolling, right? If you know Nvidia's current crop of RTX don't support all of DXR, then why did you try and rebuttal an argument, with a lie? All you are doing is showing that you need to lie for nvidia… why?

Who are these people supporting RTX..? I own one and I don't care one bit about my card's ability to do ad-hoc raytracing, for awe sake. I have at least a dozen friends who own an RTX and other trying "RTX on" out, not a single one uses "RTX on" in gaming. As such, nobody touting RTX, uses it...

Do any of you use RTX on these games..? Then how are you defending it..?

That is why your attacks on my character are fake and laughable. AMD is dominating Nvidia in gaming hardware and there is nothing SUPER can do about it. Jensen tried, but Dr Su has more coming. RDNA FTW...

Really? still going for this? Good luck on your crusade man.

I am an AMD fan and even purchased a Sapphire RX 5700 Open Box for $284, before tax. That said, your attempt at pushing the story line you are putting forward is just not working and also, not even needed. Both sides have good cards and one is not killing it over the other. Also, considering where AMD was financially, just 2.5 years ago, they are making some very strong headway in all areas.

I love the fact that my Navi / RDNA based 5700 for $284 is beating my GCN based Vega 56 that I paid $480 for about 2 years ago. (That is with the Vega 64 bios flashed to it, as well.) I do not personally support NVidia and will not do so in my own computers but, if I know someone who wants me to build them a computer with an NVidia card, I will not hesitate to do so within the money they budget out for the computer.

Did I ever say, what you are accusing me of saying..?> "That both sides don't have good cards, etc.??"

I am saying, other than needing g-sync, give me a "for instance" where dollar per dollar you wouldn't choose a Radeon...? I can point to one instance, if you need faster than a Radeon XT, then go with a RTX2080(no longer being made), or 2080 Super...! I've already stated this.

Otherwise, see RDNA.

Navi10 and Vega20 are both on 7nm. Navi is smaller, more efficient and faster in games. If you include more CU's and make a slightly bigger Navi (the size of Radeon 7), then you will have a $599 RDNA card that can do 2080ti SUPER... levels of performance in games.

If you reduce Navi10, to make is have less CU and smaller, it will be cheaper and produce much more of them per wafer... again little-itty-bitty Navi on RDNA wins again at mass market GPUs. Everyone knows these two tiers are incoming. Why beat around the bush or pretend it is not hapening. I would love to hear any of you debate that, instead of defending Nvidia and Jensen for passing off non-gaming gpu as "the best".

LOL.

Believe me I didn't miss anything... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Right, so you are going to lie... then pretend nobody noticed. And are now using smiling faces to smooth it over?

How does that tactic work with your boss..? Unable to face the truth... so hide?

Did I ever say, what you are accusing me of saying..?> "That both sides don't have good cards, etc.??"

I am saying, other than needing g-sync, give me a "for instance" where dollar per dollar you wouldn't choose a Radeon...? I can point to one instance, if you need faster than a Radeon XT, then go with a RTX2080(no longer being made), or 2080 Super...! I've already stated this.

Otherwise, see RDNA.

Navi10 and Vega20 are both on 7nm. Navi is smaller, more efficient and faster in games. If you include more CU's and make a slightly bigger Navi (the size of Radeon 7), then you will have a $599 RDNA card that can do 2080ti SUPER... levels of performance in games.

If you reduce Navi10, to make is have less CU and smaller, it will be cheaper and produce much more of them per wafer... again little-itty-bitty Navi on RDNA wins again at mass market GPUs. Everyone knows these two tiers are incoming. Why beat around the bush or pretend it is not hapening. I would love to hear any of you debate that, instead of defending Nvidia and Jensen for passing off non-gaming gpu as "the best".

LOL.

Oh for goodness sake, you are just as bad as those in the past who pushed Nvidia as the best ever and they could do no wrong crowd. :D The 2060 Super and 2070 Super are also good cards, for what they are and their cost. Such as the way things are though, you even ignored the other parts of my post just to grab on to a single, itty bitty point. :D

Oh for goodness sake, you are just as bad as those in the past who pushed Nvidia as the best ever and they could do no wrong crowd. :D The 2060 Super and 2070 Super are also good cards, for what they are and their cost. Such as the way things are though, you even ignored the other parts of my post just to grab on to a single, itty bitty point. :D

Again, what game do you play..? Or your top 5 favorite games..?

Believe me I didn't miss anything... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*Le Sigh* Not really sure why this stuff you are responding too even needs to be said, AMD has fantastic cards that perform quite well but, so does Nvidia. AMD is not going to suddenly crush Nvidia into the ground but, it is amazing how AMD has come back from the dead and surpassed all expectations. :)

Navi isn’t more efficient or faster. The 2070 super is both faster and more efficient than the 5700XT. That’s why AMD will be in trouble once again when nVidia switches to 7nm.

However you want to divvy up RDNA, it is faster than Turing.

$499 2070 Super
$399 5700xt

And no:
2070 Super is a 545mm^2 chip vs a 251mm^2 chip... and cost more. Doesn't matter what metric do you want to stick with, Navi and RDNA are superior to Nvidia's much larger chips. To argue otherwise means you didn't read a single review.

Reactions: ChadD
like this
Right, so you are going to lie... then pretend nobody noticed. And are now using smiling faces to smooth it over?

How does that tactic work with your boss..? Unable to face the truth... so hide?
Hmmm I don't know... let me ask myself... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

$499 2070 Super
$399 5700xt

And no:
2070 Super is a 545mm^2 chip vs a 251mm^2 chip... and cost more. Doesn't matter what metric do you want to stick with, Navi and RDNA are superior to Nvidia's much larger chips. To argue otherwise means you didn't read a single review.

I’ll say it again, maybe bullet points will help.
  • The 2070 Super is faster than the 5700XT
  • While the 2070 Super uses less power than the 5700XT.

Also die size is a terrible metric especially across nodes.

Navi will likely never be what Nvidia is on the desktop. Please do your research. Its ultimately designed for consoles.

This discussion started out great. Leaving this here on my way to the unwatch button.

troll.jpg

Navi isn’t more efficient or faster. The 2070 super is both faster and more efficient than the 5700XT. That’s why AMD will be in trouble once again when nVidia switches to 7nm.

Well, there is no guarantee of Nvidia suddenly being more powerful or efficient just because they will eventually move to 7nm. My guess is, they will probably be switching to a new architecture at the same time and it will interesting what they come up with.

$499 2070 Super
$399 5700xt

And no:

It is better in certain aspects but, I would not claim one as superior to the other. With the new RDNA, that makes a significant difference over where AMD came from, though.

Those bullet points are not facts. You are attempting to spin things. I spot you.

?? They're pretty close in power consumption. I've seen some reviews give the nod to nvidia and some give the nod to amd. In terms of performance, again, they're close, within 5-10% with nvidia taking it. One also has to take into account they are on 7nm though and would likely be far behind if they didn't have the process node advantage.
111344.png

Power1.png

It is better in certain aspects but, I would not claim one as superior to the other. With the new RDNA, that makes a significant difference over where AMD came from, though.

I agree. It is important to discus the history of GCN, and the importance GCN has in AMD's lineage of Radeon DNA = RDNA !

Listen, I do understand that "RDNA" is a trigger word for those who are viral marketers & cheerleaders, because they (& many of you) are use to using (in arguments) the feeble GCN anecdotes, etc. And now, these same people can't toss their old recycled memes at AMD under Dr Lisa Su. And mocking RDNA or Navi just doesn't work... have you seen the reviews?

Honestly, what are you Jensen cheerleaders going to do when Dr Su releases the Navi10 + 30%.. at the same price space the 7nm Radeon VII held, $699.

She said there is a threadripper moment coming for the GPU world, and I have no reason to doubt Dr Lisa Su. I like Her vibe and how she keeps speaking to the gamer (Me). Not to mention, She jabaited Her own Cousin (Relative?).

?? They're pretty close in power consumption. I've seen some reviews give the nod to nvidia and some give the nod to amd. In terms of performance, again, they're close, within 5-10% with nvidia taking it. One also has to take into account they are on 7nm though and would likely be far behind if they didn't have the process node advantage.
View attachment 177287
View attachment 177288

I was responding to Gamer X who said, “
Navi is smaller, more efficient and faster in games.“

It sounds like your take is that power is basically the same and nVidia takes the perf crown with the 2070 super. That’s fine. To me they are in the same ballpark that it’d come down to features, cost and noise.

Overall point is the same that Gamer X’s post is wrong.

Your definition of dirt cheap and someone elses may not be the same. The last monitor I bought was like $125 shipped .. I personally use a 32" curved Samsung, sadly it's 1080 60hz without freesync. I got it for <200 and dont plan to swap it anytime soon.

It sounds like your take is that power is basically the same and nVidia takes the perf crown with the 2070 super. That’s fine. To me they are in the same ballpark that it’d come down to features, cost and noise.

nvidiaamd.jpg

Yeah, it takes a rare "specimen" to anger both sides at the same time...

Not angry here, just some of the things he says are down right silly. I am also seeing people, not AMD, hyping a 5900XT 2080ti killer for far cheaper! We have no idea what the 5800 and 5900 XT will do, although I imagine it will reach close to if not surpass, by just a bit, a 2080ti stock card. The folks hyping it does us no favors, however. RDNA is a fantastic architecture and has not even been fully explored yet, which is great for all involved.

Again, those points you made, were not facts.

You didn't rebuttal anything I've said. all you did was try to attack & mock me. As clearly you must of missed another fella laughing at your non-factual bullet points, and illustrated to you with charts, that you don't have full command of the facts. You are making them up, instead of actually trying to have a decent conversation.

Navi10 is more efficient than TU-104 (2070 SUPER) and more powerful.
As the RTX2070 SUPER is 545mm^2 and 9.1 TFLOPs w/13.6 billion transistors and 215w..... and little Navi10 is 251mm^2 and 9.75 TFOPs and 225w. (Downclocked Navi 10 still uses less energy and still has more TFLOPs than 2070SUPER. RDNA's architecture is more efficient than Turing's in gaming.

Matter of fact, an RDNA chip as big as Vega20 (ie: Navi 12 inc..) will still use less power than the Radeon VII. So as anybody will know, you should expect a 64CU RDNA chip soon... like in the next few months.

Again, those points you made, were not facts.

You didn't rebuttal anything I've said. all you did was try to attack & mock me. As clearly you must of missed another fella laughing at your non-factual bullet points, and illustrated to you with charts, that you don't have full command of the facts. You are making them up, instead of actually trying to have a decent conversation.

Navi10 is more efficient than TU-104 (2070 SUPER) and more powerful.
As the RTX2070 SUPER is 545mm^2 and 9.1 TFLOPs w/13.6 billion transistors and 215w..... and little Navi10 is 251mm^2 and 9.75 TFOPs and 225w. (Downclocked Navi 10 still uses less energy and still has more TFLOPs than 2070SUPER. RDNA's architecture is more efficient than Turing's in gaming.

Matter of fact, an RDNA chip as big as Vega20 (ie: Navi 12 inc..) will still use less power than the Radeon VII. So as anybody will know, you should expect a 64CU RDNA chip soon... like in the next few months.

Now not only are you using die size you're also added in TFLOPs. What useless spec will you use next, memory bit rate?

Also, point out where I posted personal attacks and mocked you. Hilarious.

None of the above for me, sticking with my 1080Ti. I've only just recently begun tapping into it's full potential as of about 2-3 weeks ago when I put my 3900x build. Prior to that, I would average about 70% utilization in the games I play when it was paired up with my old 3770k. No upgrades for me until Ampere drops.

You gotta give this guy some points for merit.

I mean first navi was premium, then performance, then price/performance (as in value which is what I said in the first place, duh! :rolleyes::rolleyes: ), then efficiency, performance per watt, performance on die size, transistors, node size...

whats next?

Now not only are you using die size you're also added in TFLOPs. What useless spec will you use next, memory bit rate?

Also, point out where I posted personal attacks and mocked you. Hilarious.

So you believe the RTX 2070 SUPER beats the 5700xt is every game..? (stock for stock) :wideyed:

You do know that Navi10 is both the 5700 and the 5700xt and we have seen the reviews and the performance between the two. Being the same chip (5700/XT) we know what OC Navi gets and what aspects make RDNA good and bad. It is all there for all you nay-sayers to read. For as many charts as you can show me the RTX2070 Super beating the 5700XT, I can show you a review/chart/game where the 5700XT beats the $100 more RTX2070 SUPER.

And, when speaking of efficiency I wasn't speaking of card, but of the architecture RDNA vs Turing.

Come back with something more than memes and low-brow snickers. Try facts & figures. But I suspect you'll stay away from them, because they will be used against you... cuz another here already caught you lying and posted a chart laughing at you...

I mean first navi was premium, then performance, then price/performance (as in value which is what I said in the first place, duh! :rolleyes::rolleyes: ), then efficiency, performance per watt, performance on die size, transistors, node size...

whats next?

Pixies ‍♀️

whats next?
Oh, maybe his dad could beat up everyone else's dad? I'm sure that would probably end it once and for all.

You didn't rebuttal anything I've said. all you did was try to attack & mock me.

I entered this thread with the interest of answering the OP and stumbled across this cluster fuck of a discussion.

Seems everyone is mocking you. Maybe its time to exit the thread and make friends with the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you. You're clearly not changing minds, so what is it you're hoping to accomplish at this point?

So you believe the RTX 2070 SUPER beats the 5700xt is every game..? (stock for stock) :wideyed:

You do know that Navi10 is both the 5700 and the 5700xt and we have seen the reviews and the performance between the two. Being the same chip (5700/XT) we know what OC Navi gets and what aspects make RDNA good and bad. It is all there for all you nay-sayers to read. For as many charts as you can show me the RTX2070 Super beating the 5700XT, I can show you a review/chart/game where the 5700XT beats the $100 more RTX2070 SUPER.

And, when speaking of efficiency I wasn't speaking of card, but of the architecture RDNA vs Turing.

Come back with something more than memes and low-brow snickers. Try facts & figures. But I suspect you'll stay away from them, because they will be used against you... cuz another here already caught you lying and posted a chart laughing at you...

What memes and low-brow snickers did I post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back