PNY GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB - $80

it said htpc/s-video in the description so i am assuming yes? :) picked one up though when I saw this on slickdeal earlier :)

It's a good deal since around that price range you're looking at a 8500GT or 2400Pro.Maybe a 7600GT. The 8600GTS is definitely a step up from those video cards I listed. And it's good for a cheap/budget gaming rig.

would this be an alright card for an average gamer who is upgrading from an agp system to pci-e? *currently have a 6800 agp*

- Which 6800?
- What resolution is your monitor?
- What games?

Yeah the $80 8600GTS is an all right card for you. It's a step up from the 6800.

:eek: why not the 8600 GTS ?

7900GTX 512mb version? That's still a pretty high end card. I'd think that would beat out a 8600GTS, and it's $10 cheaper (although with higher power requirements).

Edit: I did some random checking around and couldn't find a single benchmark that a 7900GTX 512mb lost to a 8600GTS...once again, power requirements, HDCP, etc. should also be taken into account.

7900GTX 512mb version? That's still a pretty high end card. I'd think that would beat out a 8600GTS, and it's $10 cheaper (although with higher power requirements).

Edit: I did some random checking around and couldn't find a single benchmark that a 7900GTX 512mb lost to a 8600GTS...once again, power requirements, HDCP, etc. should also be taken into account.

Thanks for the info. btw I wonder why slickdeals site removed the ads :eek:

hey i was wondering, has anyone purchased from this site b4? i was just lookin up reselleratings.com and some say its great others say it sucks. any opinions from here?

hopefully they are doing good now, well they better be, coz I just ordered 2 of that 7900 GTX :D

lol can i buy one from u? how did u buy it i thought it said OOS?
I was refering that OOS to the 8600 GTS. The one I ordered is 7900 GTX, The confirmation email they sent me says the order status is pending though :eek: . Hopefully they really have it in stock (yup I just read the comments on resellerratings site :( ). I'll let you know

no more add 7900gtx
and\8600gts OUT OF STOCK?

any idea how much they have in stock ? 5 ?

i bought 1 8600gts and status PENDING
want to buy another 1 to make it another SLI
but OUT of stock ?

LEGIT ?

i bought a mouse logitech vx revolution on office depot for 19 us.
bought 15pcs

then THEY SAID DISCONTINUED :confused: :mad:

I just orderd two of them, and it said available this morning. but I had to get back to work, and went to buy them at lunch break... said they were out of stock... but I ordered them becuse they were in my cart still. We will see if I get them... now I just need a new SLI power supply and SLI board!! LOL

anyone's order shipped yet? mine is still "order pending" since saturday night.

uhh... it's Sunday night... no one ships on Sunday... I wouldn't worry unless the status doesn't change by Tuesday night.

what a joke. I just called them and they say the manufacture has discontinoued the card so they don't have it in stock that they'r cancelling all the order. Go call them and make sure they don't take away your money

well some good came out of this, I got a tube of AS5 for 80cent with he coupon code, take that pcclub

Back