PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

Just sent in a Store Customer Service e-mail. We'll see what happens.

Montclair in which state? CA?

Sorry If I'm a littel lost.

And yes, you want to pre-pay.

I offered to prepay, raincheck and everything, but they still didn't want to sell it to me, at any price. They said that they didn't know when they would have it, or if they even would.

I'll be calling another store in my state (also 45-50mins away) on the first and see what they say.

Divine_Madcat said:
They are giving you a load of bull.. Have them point out to you ONT HE FLYER where it says in store only...

They did that to me... page 6 at the bottom :(

Unless this applies to the phones only, I am screwed.

i was speaking to a guy at one of the stores and says the card is marked A07 or some bullshit... meaning they cant give 30% off on the card? they said they could put my name on one though..which the other store said that they couldnt even do that.. lazy assfucks..

is something i could bring in there to prove that other stores are honoring the ad?

well i dont feel like reading all the rest of the threads, but i spoke to a guy at compusa and he said the deal is not offered through compusa, its through the manufacturer which is pny so has anyone called them up and see if this deal is valid on these cards. because even though it says 30% off its still their option on whether or not they want to honor this deal and i'm assuming they won't. at least thats what he said.

Just bought one, $380 with tax. They should call me when it comes in, they said sometime within the next two weeks. Can't wait for the call! :D

Shorty said:
Just know that there is nothing that can keep them from honoring the deal. They left an open door for us and have nothing to back them up that this is an error or that the deal can be stopped. Ask for a prepay or a raincheck as I will at the Woodland Hills store on 7/1 or 7/2. I can't wait to get my 6800 GT for my birthday...

I just tried today at the one in woodland hills, needless to say they gave me a great deal of shit. If you manage to get the deed done, drop me some info please :)

Update of all sucessful and unsucessful locations (from my futuremark thread)...

Divine_Madcat- ABQ, New Mexico
aunomonopia- Montclair, CA
Yuri- Brentwood TN
rabidpossum - NASHUA N.H
vibrationman - Indianapolis Castleton

And, here are the list of no-go's
Dibrom- San Marcos & Encinitas
xxORBxx- Dayton Ohio
YCH - Atlanta, GA
Titan7171 - Queens NY
drjbird101 - Ft. Worth, TX
gmen - Phoenix AZ

Divine_Madcat said:
Update of all sucessful and unsucessful locations (from my futuremark thread)...

Yuri- Brentwood TN
rabidpossum - NASHUA N.H

xxORBxx- Dayton Ohio
YCH - Atlanta, GA
Titan7171 - Queens NY
gmen - Phoenix AZ

You can mark burbank and woodland hills CA unsuccesful too :( Unless there's some people with god-like persuasion skills I don't think I'll be getting the card.

SnakeIRye said:
You can mark burbank and woodland hills CA unsuccesful too :( Unless there's some people with god-like persuasion skills I don't think I'll be getting the card.

my two no-go's thus far, independence missouri and overland park kansas

Accepts: Garden City, NY

And the guy said they had sold more then they had coming in, so I think a good amnount of people know about this.

Divine_Madcat said:
Indianapolis Castleton store honored it........got a 6800 ultra........and its going to be here on the 2nd of july.......

DAMN IT!! This is where I went. I am going back first thing in the morning. Who bought this card? Any tips, who did you talk to??

SnakeIRye said:
I just tried today at the one in woodland hills, needless to say they gave me a great deal of shit. If you manage to get the deed done, drop me some info please :)
What was the exact reason they gave you? Once these cards are in stock, I don't think they'll be able to say crap... I'm gonna give them an email.

i'm just calling them and asking if they're doing the pny deal, and they automatically say that IN STOCK ONLY.

long beach
anaheim
fountain valley are no goes

how many of you are in the los angeles area? ill have no problems having my bodyguard
'move' as many people out of the way as i seem fit come Wednesday :p errrr did i say LA ? i meant ... um Santa Barbara - ya thats it. :D

Hey Sepal, are you the mod from nForcersHQ?

Good to see you :).

Also, let us know how it goes if you try to get this deal.

I just got back...

and guess what?

[H] persuasive skill...:):):)

On the side note, I don't think Montclair will honor the deal anymore.

Good luck on finding other stores....

Divine_Madcat said:
If you ever see him again, be sure to mention that the manager in Monclair was ordered to offerer the price after a customer complained on the website... ;)

I went back and talked to a "manager" (white shirt) She gave me the buisiness sales number, extension and name...

With the wording they used in the ad, I am pretty sure by law they have to sell it to me.

If not, I will give them such a hassle, they will...

I used to work at a compusa; I know how the Manager, sales manager, floor manager BS games work... I will get my card.

Sepal said:
how many of you are in the los angeles area? ill have no problems having my bodyguard
'move' as many people out of the way as i seem fit come Wednesday :p errrr did i say LA ? i meant ... um Santa Barbara - ya thats it. :D
I'm in Granada Hills...

Justinkoko, what store did you get it at? The Montclair store?

Divine_Madcat said:

Yuri- Brentwood TN
rabidpossum - NASHUA N.H

xxORBxx- Dayton Ohio
YCH - Atlanta, GA
Titan7171 - Queens NY
gmen - Phoenix AZ

Omaha. NE unsuccessful too. They gave me the A07 bs and said they probably were not going to be getting any in for the next like 3 months

I went to the CompUsa in Charlotte, NC and they gave me the A07 story. They made it sound like there weren't going to be any cards shipped to their store for several weeks. However, last night I talked to a lady on the phone and she told me they would have the cards on the 1st. Just to be clear I said "So, if I show up when the store opens on the 1st, it will be there?" She guranteed me it would. Now I'm not sure what to think. Did CompUsa put a hold on all their cards? That doesn't sound fair.

wampas30 said:
I went to the CompUsa in Charlotte, NC and they gave me the A07 story. They made it sound like there weren't going to be any cards shipped to their store for several weeks. However, last night I talked to a lady on the phone and she told me they would have the cards on the 1st. Just to be clear I said "So, if I show up when the store opens on the 1st, it will be there?" She guranteed me it would. Now I'm not sure what to think. Did CompUsa put a hold on all their cards? That doesn't sound fair.
I got the same A07 bull at the Raleigh CUSA. Tomorrow morning I am going to go back to CUSA and try with the GT, as I don't think it is an A07 item.

Scott

i just emailed customer service and complained about not receiving the same deal as others. no where on the ad did it say that the item had to be in stock and that they dont take rainchecks. that makes it seem that i should be able to receive the deal. we'll see what happens

ForeverUnknown said:
i just emailed customer service and complained about not receiving the same deal as others. no where on the ad did it say that the item had to be in stock and that they dont take rainchecks. that makes it seem that i should be able to receive the deal. we'll see what happens
I also shot them an email... it's total bull shit that they are trying to make this deal not include cards which are planned to arrive while this deal is active. That and not allowing rainchecks even though the product is listed in their computers as out of stock is totally unethical, maybe even illegal.

sonyman said:
I got the same A07 bull at the Raleigh CUSA. Tomorrow morning I am going to go back to CUSA and try with the GT, as I don't think it is an A07 item.

Scott

I think it will be A07 untill it ships on the first..

and BTW- i was able to order mine, even though it was A07...

Divine_Madcat said:
I think it will be A07 untill it ships on the first..

and BTW- i was able to order mine, even though it was A07...
What did you say? The manager I spoke to was very rude and hung up on me when I called back later. I am going to speak to the store manager tomorrow. Also, If you can scan the receipt it would be great!

Scott

My recpit is posted earlier in this thread. Also, any other Ultra purchase is A07, so i cant say im special....

Divine_Madcat said:
My recpit is posted earlier in this thread. Also, any other Ultra purchase is A07, so i cant say im special....
Ahh crap you are messing with my 11:14 PM mind. I meant to ask wampas30 for his receipt.

Scott

Jawadali said:
Any GT receipts?

Thanks in advance.

reciept.jpg

Thanks a lot.

At least I can now say that my friends were able to purchase, but I could not (I'm currently writing a LONG complaint).

If I do indeed get this deal (strong feeling I will prevail, after pissing them off to the point they want me to leave)... will my antec true 430 be enough to power an ultra?

I only have a DVD burner, one 7200 pata drive, one raptor and soon to be 6 stealth fans in the case. On a DFI Lan Party with a 2500+.

CSx-2011 said:
If I do indeed get this deal (strong feeling I will prevail, after pissing them off to the point they want me to leave)... will my antec true 430 be enough to power an ultra?

I only have a DVD burner, one 7200 pata drive, one raptor and soon to be 6 stealth fans in the case. On a DFI Lan Party with a 2500+.
Yes it will!

Scott

Back