PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

Not really. Was the same at Best Buy when I worked there four years ago. Unless a store receives a direct instruction to do or not do something it's up in the air. Especially when it is in an ad. I worked in customer service and you wouldn't believe what you can get away with if you are persistant enough.

Oh, and I am going to CompUSA during my lunch break. I figure I can get $140-$150 for my BFG 5900NU so for a $280 6800GT that's only a $140 upgrade.

Talking to my buddy and he said they had not gotten anything as far as direction to exclude the 6800 etc from the sale. He did say the GT was sold out and they were hoping to get restock as early as in a week. So thats a good sign. He said if you want a 6800 card on the sale...

A) Be NICE! :D
B) Talk to a Customer Service rep and give them the the Product Number: 313398. They should not have any issue bringing it up.

He recommended taking it a step further and bring a copy of the online CUSA statement that says they expect shipping on the 1st and request to go ahead and pay for one so you can take advantage of the sale.

Blackwind said:
Talking to my buddy and he said they had not gotten anything as far as direction to exclude the 6800 etc from the sale. He did say the GT was sold out and they were hoping to get restock as early as in a week. So thats a good sign. He said if you want a 6800 card on the sale...

A) Be NICE! :D
B) Talk to a Customer Service rep and give them the the Product Number: 313398. They should not have any issue bringing it up.

He recommended taking it a step further and bring a copy of the online CUSA statement that says they expect shipping on the 1st and request to go ahead and pay for one so you can take advantage of the sale.
I did all of the above to no avail.

Scott

sonyman said:
I did all of the above to no avail.

Scott

Like I said earlier.....it's going to vary from store to store. It's up to the store or op manager to make the call.

daggonnitsunofabeatchmuddafookahrumpulstilskinBarbaraStreisand~!!!

ON THE WEBSITE IT SAYS SOLD-OUT ... FAKK :mad:
i called and they are gonna call me back to let me know the status etc... manalive

Sepal said:
daggonnitsunofabeatchmuddafookahrumpulstilskinBarbaraStreisand~!!!

ON THE WEBSITE IT SAYS SOLD-OUT ... FAKK :mad:
i called and they are gonna call me back to let me know the status etc... manalive

LOL yup I just saw that. :p just another reason to come in and say to your local Customer Service manager....hey! You sold out of the card I wanted! I want the sale deal! :D

Blackwind said:
LOL yup I just saw that. :p just another reason to come in and say to your local Customer Service manager....hey! You sold out of the card I wanted! I want the sale deal! :D
Or to say "hey! FAKK YOU!"

Scott

Just be persistant guys (and mention that other stores have honered this discount, and that they have no reason not to)...

While many stores are not honoring the 6800 ultra deal, since the card has not shipped yet, I was very easily able to get 30% off of a 6800 GT, since the card has been shipped, but is “sold out.” As others have said, be polite, be persistent, don’t mention the 30% until after it is clear that they are willing to sell the card, and generally go to the store in person and talk to the sales manager that way, instead of calling. I have myself a GT coming next week for $280. Free Far Cry, too :-D

No go for me. I got the feeling they were gonna do it but my store has no GT on order at all so they couldn't reserve/order one for me. I'll try later in the week again.

So, why does CompUsa online say the 6800 ultra is sold out when you couldn't even order it online? Does this mean the local stores aren't going to be getting any on the 1st??? :confused:

No go for me too.

Got the same answer from 3 stores.

"30% applies only on the cards that are IN stock."

Sucks.. :(

Justinkoko said:
No go for me too.

Got the same answer from 3 stores.

"30% applies only on the cards that are IN stock."

Sucks.. :(

They are giving you a load of bull.. Have them point out to you ONT HE FLYER where it says in store only...

I went to 2 local compusa's and they both told me no, no way, no how. I tried all of the above and they said they were not including that item in the sale. I calmly left and came back to work....however pissed off.

No Joy in Central Florida either. I tried and was told that the computer didn't even show any on order and that they had no idea how to do a pre-order anyway. Now I just have to hope they arrive later this week and I am able pick oone up before they sell out. Hopefully, most people won't be anticipating the cards coming in at the end of the week so that some will still be available. I'll try again at store #2 on Thursday morning.

Central FL is not nice to getting deals. Three OfficeMax stores shafted me on the $10 Belkin wireless card that others were able to get.

FRAK!

I called a couple CompUSAs and they told me they can only preorder cards that they KNOW are coming from the warehouse. That makes sense. So hopefully they will get some at least coming sometime this week so I can take advantage of this deal. Problem for me is that CompUSA is a 2 hour drive away. Maybe they can pre-order over the phone...

If anyone has any success in the dallas area with this deal, please shoot me an email! I have gone to the Mesquite and Plano stores with no luck.

g.knight @ verizon . net

or AIM: KeeKnight

I went down to my local CompUSA. The customer service gal refused to give me the 30% off on the Geforce 6800gt. Just then, the manager came over and he and I started talking. I was very polite to him and he was very polite to me. He agreed to sell me the card for 30% off. I gave him all my contact information and he will call me on Thursday when the card (hopefully) arrives. But he also said that if the card does not arrive this week, we will still honor the price whenever he does receive the card. I was very impressed with the manager and his willingness to work with me.

Just some tips to keep in mind: The customer service agents don't always have the ability to help you out in these situations, so talking to a manager is often in your best interest. Also, be very polite to him/her. I've always found that calling them by their first name is a nice way to show respect.

obs said:
I called a couple CompUSAs and they told me they can only preorder cards that they KNOW are coming from the warehouse. That makes sense. So hopefully they will get some at least coming sometime this week so I can take advantage of this deal. Problem for me is that CompUSA is a 2 hour drive away. Maybe they can pre-order over the phone...
Arg.. (im guessing people dont read well.. ;))

DONT preorder the card... prepay. Yes, there is a differnce, especially to them. If you talk about prepaying for one, you have a much better chance of getting this deal.

Nothing here either... This sucks.

Where is there proof that I can take in that says the GT card is coming on the 1st?

This deal isn't dead... if they get these cards in before Sunday, they'll have no choice but to sell them.

I have an update with the Montclair, CA Store#767. Last night when I got home from being rejected, I e-mailed customer service through their website. I told them that other CompUSA's are honoring the deal and can you help me out. Today I got home and there was a message from Stewart, the manager at Montclair saying he would do the deal. So I am happy to say I ordered a 6800GT for 279.99 plus tax. Stewart said he would call me when the card is is stock.

So if anyone is getting the shaft e-mail customer service and let them know what store is giving you the run around. This is for real it just takes a little persistance.

One other thing, he wouldn't let me order more than one and he also would have let me order the ultra but I chose the gt.

This is from my futuremark thread, from another sucessful person there...

sonyman said:
Bastards! My CUSA wouldn't do it as they don't have the card in stock nor do they have an ETA. I guess I will go there early 7/1 and buy one. It is supposed to be in-store on 7/1, right?

Scott

Exact same thing happend to me, except that my store didn't even have an ETA.

The don't even know if it will be there by July 1st.

I'll try to order over the phone on the 1st or 2nd and see what happens.

Haha the manager just hung up on me. I kept persisting on getting the deal, saying how other people got it and such. I am going to call someone else when they get in tomorrow.

Scott

sonyman said:
Haha the manager just hung up on me. I kept persisting on getting the deal, saying how other people got it and such. I am going to call someone else when they get in tomorrow.

Scott

Hahaha. Dude call back tommorrow and bitch to them about their poor service and how the manager hung up on you. Keep bitching till you get it!!! lol

Ok fellow onions,i just talked to the manager at the compusa store in NASHUA N.H. He said he would do it!! im going over tomorrow after work for a 6800 gt and a friend is going for the ultra!

Another update for people interested...

I went to CompUSA this evening and was told that all pre orders have to go through their corporate desk, which are only open 9-5 and it was after 5. I guess I will try again later this week.

That's it.

I'm going over to Montclair right now.

Any advice on how to persuade the manager to hand me over ultra to me?

OrionNT said:
I went to CompUSA this evening and was told that all pre orders have to go through their corporate desk, which are only open 9-5 and it was after 5. I guess I will try again later this week.

Wait...are you sure about this?

Justinkoko said:
Wait...are you sure about this?
No, because you dont preorder.. your prepay (raincheck, basically). You pay for the card now, and pick it up when it is in stock. The difference, is that you dont have one specifically reserved for you...

Divine_Madcat said:
No, because you dont preorder.. your prepay (raincheck, basically). You pay for the card now, and pick it up when it is in stock. The difference, is that you dont have one specifically reserved for you...

So when I ask them for the card, I say them that I want to prepay, not preorder?

If jawa is right then there is no point in going there because it's 5:30 already here in Cali..

Pre-order is not pre-pay.....you have to be precise. :D

You want to pre-pay for an Ultra or GT. Just keep saying it over and over as you walk into the CUSA.

Pre-pay
Pre-pay
Pre-pay
Pre-pay
Pre-pay

;)

Justinkoko said:
So when I ask them for the card, I say them that I want to prepay, not preorder?

If jawa is right then there is no point in going there because it's 5:30 already here in Cali..

yes, what blackwind keeps saying.. there is a difference, and the CSU should understand (if not, get a manager)..

After many tries at my local Compusa... a sales manager told me that they wouldn't honor that price... he even said I raised my voice At him when I repeated "ALL pny video cards 30% off" and that the person who sold one for 350 should be fired.

I told him they will enjoy losing all my buisiness forever. Fry's is cooler to work with and has better prices...

And I will be getting this deal if it kills me.

CSx-2011 said:
After many tries at my local Compusa... a sales manager told me that they wouldn't honor that price... he even said I raised my voice At him when I repeated "ALL pny video cards 30% off" and that the person who sold one for 350 should be fired.

I told him they will enjoy losing all my buisiness forever. Fry's is cooler to work with and has better prices...

And I will be getting this deal if it kills me.
If you ever see him again, be sure to mention that the manager in Monclair was ordered to offerer the price after a customer complained on the website... ;)

Just know that there is nothing that can keep them from honoring the deal. They left an open door for us and have nothing to back them up that this is an error or that the deal can be stopped. Ask for a prepay or a raincheck as I will at the Woodland Hills store on 7/1 or 7/2. I can't wait to get my 6800 GT for my birthday...

Back