Playstation3 The fall of sony. LONG READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection:
The groundbreaking (and free!) wireless gaming network.

There's always someone ready to play.
Ready to take on the world? With Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can connect and play with Nintendo DS players across the globe. It's simple to use and free - no hidden service fees, no extra equipment necessary. All you need is a Nintendo DS and a Wi-Fi-ready game. We're working on new game titles and Wi-Fi versions of your favorite Nintendo classics, so there'll be no end to the Wi-Fi fun!! Play over your home wireless network using just about any wireless router or if you're on the go, head to one of thousands of free Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection partner hotspots to connect and play. More questions? Check out our FAQ section.

Handhelds has nothing to do with the thread. Now if you got some info about what Nintendo plans to do reguarding the revolutions online access that would help.

eblislyge said:
Handhelds has nothing to do with the thread. Now if you got some info about what Nintendo plans to do reguarding the revolutions online access that would help.

nintendo has stated that it intends to use the same online system for the DS and the revolution

and it will all be free (just like the DS)

NintendoWifi is the online service for both the DS and revolution (when it comes out)

that's all i'm trying to say..

so really.. the revolution's online system is already here.. it's all nintendowifi

but whatever.. as i said before.. it was just an FYI type of thing

Well there will be differences. The DS' iteration of NWFC isn't as full-featured or fleshed out yet (each game will make use of different features). The Revolution's will be much more fully featured with chat networks, message boards, etc, from what I remember reading. Basically like XBox Live, but free. They will pay for their bandwidth by selling their back catalogue of games all the way back from the NES, and I'm sure that will easily support their bandwidth costs.

Think of the DS as a testing ground to the full thing next year. That said, it's the same base system that will be in the Revolution, and NintendoWifi.com will be the hub.

You might want to wait for Nintendo to launch and stabilize the Revolution online service before you compare it to Live. They've tested the water with the DS, but there is big difference between the required bandwith for the services of Mario Kart and the services of a game like, say, Super Smash Brothers: Online. As of now, you're comparing a paper-tiger to a real lion.

I'm not taking anything away from Nintendo; they definately deserve props for the service so far. I'm just saying there is a difference when you have dozens of titles running at the same time.

ZX6Master said:
You might want to wait for Nintendo to launch and stabilize the Revolution online service before you compare it to Live. They've tested the water with the DS, but there is big difference between the required bandwith for the services of Mario Kart and the services of a game like, say, Super Smash Brothers: Online. As of now, you're comparing a paper-tiger to a real lion.

I'm not taking anything away from Nintendo; they definately deserve props for the service so far. I'm just saying there is a difference when you have dozens of titles running at the same time.

Of course. Myself and Rancid are just mentioning that the DS is the testing ground to the bigger brother of the WiFi service, and that it will be the same base network in the Rev. Personally, I don't think it will have all the stats-tracking stuff that XBL has (after all, the service will be free), but I expect it to turn out well, considering they've been working on it since the inception of the Gamecube (it's hard to believe, I know! but strangely it's true). FYI, though, there are already 3 titles running on the network, and aside from the initial hiccup during its first week, the servers have held up quite nicely. I'm impressed, since they are so new to this realm.

As it stands, though, from what we know right now, at this moment. Microsoft has the best online console model, with Sony lagging far behind. If the "confirmed" rumours in PSM are true, the same may be said for the PS3's online system. But we simply won't know until we learn more about the system that isn't out yet. I do like XBLive (even with all the immature 13 year olds ruining games), but I absolutely dislike paying for an online service or online gaming in general. That is the reason I never got into MMORPGs (except Guild Wars). I find it really difficult to pay for games that I've already plunked my hard-earned money down for. To its credit, XBL isn't THAT expensive, but it still is an expense that I'm sure many wish they didn't have to pay.

Some of the PS3's fans are contradicting each other and I'm curious about which is right.
steviep said:
Fact: MORE games will be multiplatform, NOT less, this gen, because of the exponentially rising dev costs. more customers = more profit

Fact: ALL consoles will get most of eachother's releases, with very few exclusives, according to the devs themselves
Kahnvex said:
Keep in mind that GTA in and of itself is a console seller. If that doesn't move you, allow me to introduce to you the Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Dragon Warrior, Getaway, Gran Turismo, God of War, and Sly Cooper franchises. Those are just the ones I can think of off hand. Oh yeah, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, and whatever the next thing from the team behind Ico and Shadow of the colossus will be.
Obviously they can't both be right... the ps3 cannot keep market lead through their exlusives while also preventing xbox from having their own exclusives cause everything is cross platform.

What I see happening is sony keeping some of their exclusives with much longer dev time. Other exclusives will be released cross platform. I think that it is a pretty big leap of the imagination to think that some sony developers will jump ship to MS.

The success or failure of the 360 in Japan is almost irrelevant. What's important is the success of the ps3 in America. The 360 can survive without Japan, the ps3 cannot survive without America. The 360 seems to have America and Europe. Thats enought to get them to the xbox3 or 720 or whatever the hell they will call it which is surely in development now.

If needed, and I don't think it will be, MS can just take this to the next console generation. They still have hundreds of millions in cash laying around and no viable competitors in the business arena. IF they lose money, they have next generation, for Sony the PS3 is do or die. Its actually kind of staggering if you think about how much Sony has riding on this console... blu-ray, gaming, the future of a huge chunk of their company. If they screw this up they are up sh*t creek w/o a paddle.

Edit: OMG everyone is talking about the DS, when did that come in? This thread is way too long.

We should totally branch this thread off into multiple discussions with NEW THREADS because there are quite a few interesting and decent discussions to be had here...but this thread is a total trainwreck...

A few new thread ideas:
Analysis of paid vs free online gaming and it's good and bad points (my fave)
PS3 launch discussion
Revolution Launch discussion
PS3 launch titles you are most excited about... (speculation and console cheerleader friendly here) ;)
Why you like your 360
Why you don't like your 360
What you'd like to see the PS3 do differently over the 360
What you'd most like to see on the Revolution

etc...

That way we could leave the programming discussion to the people who want to continue to bludgeon each other over the head with it, and take this derailed discourse to a whole new, but more organized, level.

Also, if you welcome opinionated discussion, put it in your first post, that way folks who know better can steer clear if it's not welcome, or let it all hang out if it is!

BTW: Console Cheerleader is the new !!!!!! - spread it around :D

IMO 3 things could kill the ps3:
1. Lack of online support
2. Difficulty of coding leads to few releases and longer wait times between sequels.
3. The ridiculous banana/boomerang controller
4. The price
5. The release date

The price is huge, NO ONE knows what it could be and no respectible publication has made even a guesstimate (though I bet some people here will chance it).
What happens if the console costs $1K? We know its not gonna be less than the 360, the question is how much more?

No one knows the N. America release date. If its too far ahead, this will piss people off majorly. Does anyone know how long we have to wait after the Japan release? Say its 6 months, that means its over a year before we see it, and Sony needs the US market. No doubt they will get a big chunk of it, but the more time that passes the more xbox 360 solidifies its hold with a larger install base, larger game selection and better utilization of the hardware.

On a final note, is blu-ray such a big deal for games? What does blu-ray give? Longer movies? Seriously, games don't have a large enough budget to put that much footage. Even if they did, encoding in xvid/divx/wmv can sigificantly crunch the size. I wonder if we'll see WMV movies in high def. for the xbox. The 360 should be able to decode.

I have seen alot of people talk about online support, I hadent considered it in the op. I wonder if it truly will turn out to be a big issue as the console wars progress?

OutOfGum said:
The price is huge, NO ONE knows what it could be and no respectible publication has made even a guesstimate (though I bet some people here will chance it).
What happens if the console costs $1K? We know its not gonna be less than the 360, the question is how much more?
I have seen $500/$600 thrown around a bit, and that seems reasonable to me for what you get. There is no way in hell Sony would release a $1,000 console when the next most expensive is only $400.

No one knows the N. America release date. If its too far ahead, this will piss people off majorly. Does anyone know how long we have to wait after the Japan release? Say its 6 months, that means its over a year before we see it, and Sony needs the US market. No doubt they will get a big chunk of it, but the more time that passes the more xbox 360 solidifies its hold with a larger install base, larger game selection and better utilization of the hardware.
This is true, and I think this could be the biggest thorn in the PS3s foot. If it comes out next spring, like Sony keeps saying, I think the waters are good. If it is pushed back until next December, or god for bid 2007 (though I see no real chance of that happening), well, that could be some trouble.
On a final note, is blu-ray such a big deal for games? What does blu-ray give? Longer movies? Seriously, games don't have a large enough budget to put that much footage. Even if they did, encoding in xvid/divx/wmv can sigificantly crunch the size. I wonder if we'll see WMV movies in high def. for the xbox. The 360 should be able to decode.
Blu-Ray isn't a big deal for games, no. But, remember that the included DVD drive on the PS2 was a big seller for it. I worked at CC during the launch and their were a ton of people who were buying them at least halfway because they were DVD players. I mean, nowadays it doesn't seem like much, but remember this was back when not everyone already had one, and you couldn't go buy a $25 apex unit from Wal-Mart.

I have a feeling that Blu-Ray will drive sales just as much. With the govt. mandate for new sets actually seeming to kick in people will have no choice but to buy Hi-Def if they want a new TV, especially in the larger sizes. Checking inventory at CC right now on their website they carry exactly one 36" TV that is still analog, there are a few 32"s, and a bunch of 27"s, but these will be phased out more and more. Once a lot more of the population has a HDTV they will want a DVD playback device that takes full advantage of it, the PS3 will be seen as a great deal, you get a top notch gaming system and the next generation optical disc player all in one.

eblislyge said:
I have seen alot of people talk about online support, I hadent considered it in the op. I wonder if it truly will turn out to be a big issue as the console wars progress?

I ran a poll here about it a few weeks ago. Roughly 1/3 of the [H] said it was a must have, 1/3 said they could take it or leave it, 1/3 said it didn't matter at all.

Given that the [H] is much more tech and internet saavy than the general population, and that only 1/3 of the people here consider it to be something that makes or breaks a console... I doubt that overall it will make a huge impact this round, at least not for another couple years.

I have some Q&A quotes from PSM that could get your questions thinking in different lights, but I dont think Im allowed to post them.

but i will touch on some of them.

online support?
i think sony will definately have some online support more so than ps2. whenever everybody hears about ps3 online in the news, its mainly stating it will be like ps2's online. this is true in the fact that i think it will be very open support and very much up to the developer like the ps2, meaning no monthly payments unless for mmorpgs or somthing. on the other hand i think because the ps3 is actually shipping with online/network capibilities out of the box unlike the ps2, most developers will be more supportive instead of "not every ps2 gamer has a network adaptor so shouldnt waste my time." so i think ps3's online will be similar to the pc's online.

pricing?
well i remember when the psp was unveiled everyone and their grandmother beleived it was going to be like 400-500 bucks. that was until they said the japan price of around 185, everyone in north america thought it was going to be 150-200. turned out it was 250. on the other hand, i think sony has offered previous playstation's at a good value + affordable prices; both of the 1st two being 300 dollars. my guess is, the ps3 will be lower than everybody expecting, but more than the usual. none of this 1k, 600 or even 500 bullshit. my guess is 350-400. but thats just my guess.

release date?
well i dont really know what sony's going to do, but for one thing i dont think it will be their traditional playstation brand launch. meaning no 6 months apart for each region. according to this Q&A from sony, they dont know either. but for the first time they are actually contemplating releasing in america first, europe first, japan first, two at a time, or all at once. so it really sounds like their strategy might change this time around. my guess and what id like to happen? i wouldnt be surprized if we see all three regions getting launch no more than 1-2 months apart.

*one thing i dont understand, is why everybody thinks europe will launch in 2007. i dont see this happening at all, not in any regions. if i remember correctly, the europe/pal launch for the ps2 was only one month after NA.

*2nd note: i really think it depends on which and how many titles they will have during launch time.

blu ray?
well from news articles and interviews i have only been hearing that developers seem to love the new format. this can only mean one thing to me, developers are actually using the new format. i honestly think it would be a waste to use all that space just for movies and not apply it to games. early ps2 games were on cd, yes. but the move toward dvd and dvd9 games started to show up. so i really think we might see a few games on dvd still, but definately later we will see almost every title going to blu-ray. id rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. to be honest, i wouldnt be surprized if every 1st party launch title was on blu-ray.

anyways, those are just some of my ideas based off the info we have today.
*sorry about the spelling + punctuation, i just woke up. :p

Bad_Boy said:
i wouldnt be surprized if every 1st party launch title was on blu-ray.

I wouldn't be either, but not because they need the space, but rather because it is 1000x harder to pirate a disc on blu-ray than it is on DVD.

BTW - TDK announced they have started production of single and double layer Blu-Ray discs today, so 25 and 50 gig discs are getting ready to hit the mass market.

NulloModo said:
I wouldn't be either, but not because they need the space, but rather because it is 1000x harder to pirate a disc on blu-ray than it is on DVD.

BTW - TDK announced they have started production of single and double layer Blu-Ray discs today, so 25 and 50 gig discs are getting ready to hit the mass market.
pretty cool news, any idea on what speeds the discs are in? hopefully no lower than 2x.

Every developer of note has a publisher funding them. Find one that doesn't

I'm nitpicking here but last I read id was self-publishing. They are able to because they were making hundreds of thousands of dollars even in the good ol' commander keen days, and hence don't need to be funded by a publisher. Has this changed?

Honk if you loved commander keen!!

OutOfGum said:
Some of the PS3's fans are contradicting each other and I'm curious about which is right.

Obviously they can't both be right... the ps3 cannot keep market lead through their exlusives while also preventing xbox from having their own exclusives cause everything is cross platform.
Whats confusing? One guys says that more games are going to be released console agnostic while one mentions all the exclusive titles that the PS2/3 has/will have, both are completely different. It would be assumed that multi consoled games are going to be new properties with maybe some exculsive titles now multi console released (although this could be time passed like Resident Evil 4 and the GTA series). Each console is going to continue to have their own base of exclusive titles, this is a give in. :rolleyes:

The success or failure of the 360 in Japan is almost irrelevant. What's important is the success of the ps3 in America. The 360 can survive without Japan, the ps3 cannot survive without America. The 360 seems to have America and Europe. Thats enought to get them to the xbox3 or 720 or whatever the hell they will call it which is surely in development now.
The MS is probably the biggest dev we have here with a handful of small Western devs (who are going to release more multi console games since they need the money) but the majority of games are still going to come out of Japan where two things matter most: 1.) Japanese Console marketshare and 2.) Worldwide Console marketshare. You want to catter to your local fanbase first but also make sure that the games can be ported over to other countries as well as other consoles. Western Devs can not hope that all of their titles are going to be 360 exclusive and hence being backed by MS money.
If needed, and I don't think it will be, MS can just take this to the next console generation. They still have hundreds of millions in cash laying around and no viable competitors in the business arena. IF they lose money, they have next generation, for Sony the PS3 is do or die. Its actually kind of staggering if you think about how much Sony has riding on this console... blu-ray, gaming, the future of a huge chunk of their company. If they screw this up they are up sh*t creek w/o a paddle.
Both companies are in trouble, MS has a couple Billion dollars tucked away but that doesn't mean it can sink that kind of cash into the 360 this time. If you think MS doesn't have alot riding on their Game (and console) Division then it's pretty oblivious that your opinion is worstless. Just look at the time it takes for people and companies to upgrade thier software and you'll see why MS is banking on the 360's success because if it doesn't and people don't buy Vista then they're just as screwed as Sony.

eblislyge said:
NulloModo said:
I ran a poll here about it a few weeks ago. Roughly 1/3 of the [H] said it was a must have, 1/3 said they could take it or leave it, 1/3 said it didn't matter at all.

Given that the [H] is much more tech and internet saavy than the general population, and that only 1/3 of the people here consider it to be something that makes or breaks a console... I doubt that overall it will make a huge impact this round, at least not for another couple years.
Purely IMO but I do agree that online content is going to be big but not for this generation because whats needed isn't there. Most of the US is still on dailup, Europe isn't any better either (due to most of the Continent having really old wiring). It seems that places like Korea and Japan have the largest broadband support (doesn't hurt that you can get Fiber to the home for like $20-30 a month) so online gaming isn't that bad there and I would assume that online games would be picked up rather quickly because of it. Here it's a different story where more people are still on dailup and broadband connections can be expensive.

Although this generation (and the next) are building the groundwork for when online play is going to be matter.
Slartibartfast said:
I'm nitpicking here but last I read id was self-publishing. They are able to because they were making hundreds of thousands of dollars even in the good ol' commander keen days, and hence don't need to be funded by a publisher. Has this changed?
I thought Activision published their games.

Most of the games for the PS3 (specifically the launch titles and the first couple years) will more than likely come on regular DVD9 discs. BluRay discs are quite expensive to stamp, and the 1-2x BDRom drive inside the PS3 isn't exactly going to be fast in terms of loading times. Developers don't even need 4.5GB unless they're FMV-whores for most games this upcoming gen, let alone 50.

I can cite you many articles from developers and respected sites claiming that most of the upcoming generation's titles will be multiplatform, but take my word for it. Each console WILL have its base of exclusives, of course (think Bungie, SCEA, EAD), but the majority of the titles from the multiplatform developers will be just that: multiplatform. Developers can't afford to dedicate their hundred million dollar investment to just 1/3 of the pie. While the Revolution may "force" some exclusive titles onto its platform (like the DS), mark my words, the majority of the major publishers (think EA, Activision, Vivendi, etc) will be throwing their titles across every household they can get their pennies from.

For everyone's information though, Microsoft CAN survive without the Japanese market. But just survive, not dominate in any sense of the word. Japan may not have the populations of North America and Europe, but they are HARDCORE gamers (every house has at least 1 console and 1 handheld) and the market between us and them is pretty much equal. So if Microsoft only sold 28% of their launch stock (it's just going to go downhill from there), their hopes of domination are done. They need to do more to entice the Japanese, but are looking quite abysmal again. The original GBA may outsell them once again :p

So if Microsoft only sold 28% of their launch stock (it's just going to go downhill from there), their hopes of domination are done. They need to do more to entice the Japanese, but are looking quite abysmal again. The original GBA may outsell them once again

Not necessarily, mistwalker may produce some great japanese-style rpg's (which they are saying they will) which in turn may drive more 360 sales in japan. A crappy launch doesn't mean they're doomed, it just shows how little interest they have in the launch titles (and who can blame them?).

Slartibartfast said:
Not necessarily, mistwalker may produce some great japanese-style rpg's (which they are saying they will) which in turn may drive more 360 sales in japan. A crappy launch doesn't mean they're doomed, it just shows how little interest they have in the launch titles (and who can blame them?).
No, it means they don't have any interest in the console. Japanese gamers know that the kind of games that they currently enjoy are going to be more prevalent on Nintendo and Sony consoles and MS hasn't done anything to correct this believe with the 360's launch. The chances of a 360 (or an Xbox) RPG being a hit just means that it's going to get ported over to one of the other consoles.

No, it means they don't have any interest in the console. Japanese gamers know that the kind of games that they currently enjoy are going to be more prevalent on Nintendo and Sony consoles and MS hasn't done anything to correct this believe with the 360's launch. The chances of a 360 (or an Xbox) RPG being a hit just means that it's going to get ported over to one of the other consoles.

I agree with you for the most part but who are we to deal in absolutes? You may be right about ports, you may be wrong. I think that somebody should make sure all these discussions are saved so we can all be embarassed three years from now :)

CrimandEvil said:

Yep, Mistwalker is a multiplatform developing house. Chances are, the Mistwalker RPG is going to both of the other systems as well.

While there is, of COURSE, the odd chance that a flood of J-RPGs and DOA4 etc may sell some units. Hell, there's even a chance that they'll sell all of their launch stock by the end of the system's life! But the chances of these things happening look (at least from the getgo) to be similar to the chances of the original XBox in Japan. This is all speculation, though - we still have some years to go :p

The point? The point is that Microsoft can only dominate by doing what Sony did last gen - dominate all of the markets, not just a couple of 'em.

Just curious, has any console in any market ever had such a craptastic launch and gone on succeed?

Yep, Mistwalker is a multiplatform developing house. Chances are, the Mistwalker RPG is going to both of the other systems as well.

I feel like an idiot, somebody corrected me on this in another thread didn't they? :confused: I keep thinking they're x360 exclusive because some time ago I read an article in game informer that said as much. My bad.

NulloModo said:
Just curious, has any console in any market ever had such a craptastic launch and gone on succeed?

This is probably one of the best launches I've ever seen. The only downsides might be availabilty, but thats due to a worldwide launch.

Do you even remember the HORROR that was the PS2 launch ? LOL. Research the past my friend, this launch is 'good' compared to many in the past. Also do you think ths PS3 launch will be even at least as half as good as the 360 ? Seriously ?

A brand new console using BRAND new technology (think Blu-Ray and The Cell), is asking for trouble at launch. Not to mention Sony is notorious for craptastic launches. Watch.

Off the top of my head Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker Studios is a multi platform dev house but that they are currently making four (two have been annouced) RPGs for the 360.

theNoid said:
Do you even remember the HORROR that was the PS2 launch ? LOL. Research the past my friend, this launch is 'good' compared to many in the past. Also do you think ths PS3 launch will be even at least as half as good as the 360 ? Seriously ?
The biggest difference for me is that I'll be able to play all of my PS2 games with the PS3 meaning I can skip the craptastic launch titles (anyone other then Nintendo has crap launch titles).

My friend has an Xbox and about six games for it, only two of those games we would be able to play if she ditched it for a 360 right now. :rolleyes:

CrimandEvil said:
Off the top of my head Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker Studios is a multi platform dev house but that they are currently making four (two have been annouced) RPGs for the 360.

They will likely be limited time exclusives, if anything. Mistwalker is also at work with Revolution titles and DS titles, so I don't see how one studio can be making all that shit :D

Even the Gamecube didn't have Nintendo's usual launch quality software, btw. Except for Smash Bros, that game was f'n awesome. But they usually launch it with a top-tier Mario title (Luigi's Mansion was fun, but way too short), which they will, thankfully, for the Revolution.

As I've said, it's too early to tell if the X360 is going to fail completely in Japan (the PS3 probably won't), but it's NOT looking good, just as the XBox.

theNoid said:
This is probably one of the best launches I've ever seen. The only downsides might be availabilty, but thats due to a worldwide launch.

A brand new console using BRAND new technology (think Blu-Ray and The Cell), is asking for trouble at launch. Not to mention Sony is notorious for craptastic launches. Watch.

Maybe I phrased it badly. The 360 had a much more popular US launch than I ever would have expected.

I was talking about the 360 launch in Japan, which to call lukewarm would be a huge compliment. I was wondering if any system launched to such apathy anywhere has ever come back to be successful in that place.

NulloModo said:
Maybe I phrased it badly. The 360 had a much more popular US launch than I ever would have expected.
Not me, I expected the launch to go like it has since the US market loved the Xbox. Actually I'm really disappointed in MS and the lack of 360s at launch (not to mention the large number of defective units), it seems that MS was totally unprepared for their own launch. :rolleyes:

With basically a global launch I think MS spread their resources thin. They underallocated for the US and Europe and grossly overallocated for Japan as of this time. Reading an article over at Arstechnica, it seems only about 42K XBox 360s were sold out of a shipment of about 140K. Weak weak launch in comparison to the US and European launches. But MS is trying to penetrate the Japanese market so of course I'm sure they had some analysis of sales or whatever gauge of interest in the Japanese public they could come up with.

There are already some retailers in Japan even cutting the cost of the 360 with a 1 year DSL contract just to try to recoup costs.

@NulloModo, historically I don't think there was any console that became a big success in an area with incredible apathy towards its launch. I'd venture to say XBox 360 will tank hard in Japan, but things are slightly different this go around, since they do have an exclusive RPG (Blue Dragon) and seemingly better than "almost zero" Japanese dev support.

Time will tell. PS3 launches in 4 months in Japan I think?

Shhhh! BillLeeLee and CrimandEvil! There are some certain elements here that are convinced that there are no shortages and new units are arriving every week! Why, my Best Buy is getting a whopping 40 more units! That's a total of 170 for a city of 100,000! That's like like 1 unit for every 588 people in that area! Christmas joy for everyone!

Torgo said:
Shhhh! BillLeeLee and CrimandEvil! There are some certain elements here that are convinced that there are no shortages and new units are arriving every week! Why, my Best Buy is getting a whopping 40 more units! That's a total of 170 for a city of 100,000! That's like like 1 unit for every 588 people in that area! Christmas joy for everyone!
Planned Shortage = Free Marketing, just a conspiracy theory ive heard a time or two. But i wouldnt be surprised if it were true.

ZX6Master said:
If it was planned they would've fully replenished the supply by now. They haven't.
I'm more inclined to believe that it's a side effect from trying to launch globally in just a few weeks of each other.

Maybe they should have held a few of those Japanese 360s for the US market. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back