Playstation 4 Rumours

If the PS3 had a better Netflix interface I’d probably stick to just that one.

Odd, I find PS3 much better for Netflix. The simple fact it has wrap around scrolling is a huge improvement. Maybe I'm lazy but I hate having to push left (or up) for what feels like10 minutes to scroll to start.

Compared to the XBox 360, WD TV Live, iOS, web browser interface, I really like the PS3 Netflix interface as well. It is my preferred device for watching random Netflix junk.

Anyway I will just be excited when the PS4 standardizes console games on 1080P resolution. Running everything at the native resolution on a big screen TV is going to make games look fantastic.

Yeah, the PS3 is the best netflix interface. Of course it still sucks.
Netflix purposely makes it impossible to do any real searching of their catalog.

Yeah, the PS3 is the best netflix interface. Of course it still sucks.
Netflix purposely makes it impossible to do any real searching of their catalog.

Its not bad, I prefer the interface of Sony's stand alone bluray player interface. Of all the ones I have to choose from, Xbox, PS3, Wii, Wii U and stand alone players. The two smoothest are hands down the Wii U and Sony bluray player.

The PS3 would be great if it didn't seem so sluggish I hope they address that especially the PlayStation store!

Its not bad, I prefer the interface of Sony's stand alone bluray player interface. Of all the ones I have to choose from, Xbox, PS3, Wii, Wii U and stand alone players. The two smoothest are hands down the Wii U and Sony bluray player.

The PS3 would be great if it didn't seem so sluggish I hope they address that especially the PlayStation store!

Yeah, that is true, anything on the PS3 is gimped by the PSN. Which is why youtube SUCKS ASS on the ps3 to the point where it is completely unusable.

I am thinkning about getting one of those Google TV mini PCs like they have on DealExtreme. Save the PS3 for Bluray and all those games I don't play.

Yeah, that is true, anything on the PS3 is gimped by the PSN. Which is why youtube SUCKS ASS on the ps3 to the point where it is completely unusable.

I am thinkning about getting one of those Google TV mini PCs like they have on DealExtreme. Save the PS3 for Bluray and all those games I don't play.

You using the Youtube App? Because I just used mine last night to watch the Super Bowl commercial I missed. Found it easy and worked well. Also the wife loved the Paper Man short Disney did.

I've traditionally been an Xbox guy. This time around Sony is more enticing to me. Admittedly, mostly because of my growing disdain for Microsoft. But still.

Dude, I'm in the same boat. My 360 has barely seen any use, and I'm kind of tired of the ad-filled horseshit that is the Xbox 360 dashboard. AND PS+ is incredible.

I'm ready to go PS for next round.

Dude, I'm in the same boat. My 360 has barely seen any use, and I'm kind of tired of the ad-filled horseshit that is the Xbox 360 dashboard. AND PS+ is incredible.

I'm ready to go PS for next round.

Yep, same here. Way back when, I heavily prefered Xbox over PS2, so when then the current gen was announced, I was all over the 360. Waited out in line, bought most of the launch titles, etc. It was a big deal. That launch system lasted forever too. A few months ago I finally snagged a slim, but it was because I was re-doing my theater and wanted HDMI. I've still got the other system. Funny thing is, I got a PS3 about a month later. At the time I bought it in the mindset that it's mostly a blu-ray player that happens to play a few games I'm interested in. Since I bought it, I haven't turned on my 360 once.... I've been playing the shit out of that PS3.

I just played the Uncharted series start to finish, and everything in the GOW saga (played all but the PSP ones before)... loved the shit out of them. Now I'm playing through Infamous and LBP2 and it's becoming clear to me that Sony is really kicking ass in the exclusives department. Eventually I'm going to get to Heavy Rain and MGS4.

It has always seemed like multi-platform games do come out slightly better on the 360. Many devs seem to use the 360 as the lead platform since it's easier to develop on. Hopefully Sony learned their lesson and is working to make things easier on 3rd party developers. If they can gain an edge with third party while maintaining their superior first party, it makes the decision pretty easy in a scenario where I can only afford one next-gen console.

I just played the Uncharted series start to finish, and everything in the GOW saga (played all but the PSP ones before)... loved the shit out of them. Now I'm playing through Infamous and LBP2 and it's becoming clear to me that Sony is really kicking ass in the exclusives department. Eventually I'm going to get to Heavy Rain and MGS4.

This times 10. Sony's exclusives have won me over. I blame Sony's marketing, Resistance 3 is one of my favorite FPS this gen and sold terribly. Starhawk has a fun and unique online multiplayer, sold terribly. If fans weren’t so starved for JRPGs I doubt Ni No Kuni would be making much fuss right now.

This times 10. Sony's exclusives have won me over. I blame Sony's marketing, Resistance 3 is one of my favorite FPS this gen and sold terribly. Starhawk has a fun and unique online multiplayer, sold terribly. If fans weren’t so starved for JRPGs I doubt Ni No Kuni would be making much fuss right now.

LOL, I liked Ni No Kuni!

PS3 *used* to have a decent Netflix UI. It let you choose genres and see all titles. Then they replaced it with the current crap UI which is limited to only 5 titles on screen and needs endless scrolling.

Xbox has a much better UI, its laid out nicer, you can also switch episodes without needing to stop playback. PS3 UI looks just a little better than Roku, it's very primitive.

But the Xbox doesn't support DD 5.1+ or 1080p :mad: No matter what you choose for Netflix, you're f'd either way.

LOL, I liked Ni No Kuni!

No insult to Ni No Kuni (great game) but Sony should market it better.

Sly Cooper 4 is another good example. It released this week. I've seen nothing on it other than some reviews.

PS3 *used* to have a decent Netflix UI. It let you choose genres and see all titles. Then they replaced it with the current crap UI which is limited to only 5 titles on screen and needs endless scrolling.

Xbox has a much better UI, its laid out nicer, you can also switch episodes without needing to stop playback. PS3 UI looks just a little better than Roku, it's very primitive.

But the Xbox doesn't support DD 5.1+ or 1080p :mad: No matter what you choose for Netflix, you're f'd either way.

Believe it or not, Netflix on WiiU is 1080p. I don't know if it does surround though.
The menu is completely different from PS or Xbox. The PS interfacing sucking is not surprising, as its the same interface used for Netflix 3DS. :confused:

Believe it or not, Netflix on WiiU is 1080p. I don't know if it does surround though.
The menu is completely different from PS or Xbox. The PS interfacing sucking is not surprising, as its the same interface used for Netflix 3DS. :confused:

It supports proper audio if you are feeding the HDMI into a newer receiver with proper audio support.

No insult to Ni No Kuni (great game) but Sony should market it better.

Sony is very hands off; its lets the publishers handle the publishing (read: Advertising). MSFT is much more heavily developed in its consoles exclusives.

Back