Playstation 4 Rumours

Not too late. Rumors point to PS4 release late 2014. Plenty of time to work on those PS3 games.

Not too late. Rumors point to PS4 release late 2014. Plenty of time to work on those PS3 games.

Really that sucks! Lol slow on the ball again, I guess Sony is shooting their other foot!

I hope this isn't true, not that it will make a difference to me :cool:

Yeah, if you're going to speculate like that, you should prob provide references to back it up. Otherwise, you're just making stuff up.

Yeah, if you're going to speculate like that, you should prob provide references to back it up. Otherwise, you're just making stuff up.

Well Sony has said before but ANYTHING about the PS4 is rumor at this point...so yeah.

Personally I'm not ready for a new consoles so I hope it's true.

PS4 all the way.
I feel bad for the Xbox Fan boys paying their montly fees to play online...LOL

I hope they keep the same controller since only Xbox Fan boys have something
bad to say about the controller. I Love my PS3 controller!

Even is PS4 is released after Xbox.. Im still not buying an Xbox because its being released 1st dumb logic!

Its all in the software.

Wii U just announced Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem so I'm sold there.....What do you have PS4 or Xbox720??????? the same as Xbox360 and Ps3 I presume which is nothing....RPG's for life.

PS4 all the way.

Even is PS4 is released after Xbox.. Im still not buying an Xbox because its being released 1st dumb logic!
Are you 5? I have both and you get what you pay for. Live is faster and more reliable by far i pay for ps+ as well the games are worth it. I in for both as long as there backwards compatable with ps3/360 titles

PS4 all the way.

You bash xbox fan boys and in turn make it clear that you ar ea ps fanboy...

I'm looking forward to both, but yes who is released first DOES make a difference in terms of marketing/sales.

You'd think Sony would have learned from the last console launch.

You bash xbox fan boys and in turn make it clear that you ar ea ps fanboy...

I'm looking forward to both, but yes who is released first DOES make a difference in terms of marketing/sales.

You'd think Sony would have learned from the last console launch.

I also own both the Xbox and Ps3, the only reason I purchased my Xbox used in 2009 was to play BF with my room mates and I had them
buy me live since they are too cheap to get a PC and play BF the way it should be played.

If your an impatient fan boy then you will buy the 1st piece of crap thats released in the market. If your a smart buyer you wait for the quality product to be released.

Also have fun paying for Live and then justifiying it by saying its quicker , its got live chat..etc..
PS4 will deliver all of that for no montly premium. Beat that fan boy!!

From the future are we? How'd you know PS4 will deliver all that with no monthly premium. I'm gonna laugh so hard when Sony unveil's a pay to play plan.

Well Sony has said before but ANYTHING about the PS4 is rumor at this point...so yeah.

Personally I'm not ready for a new consoles so I hope it's true.

You could, you know.. just not buy it right when it comes out. ;)

seems like everyone bashes other consoles for not being the fastest or not having enough power. If thats the case for you just build yourself a good computer and u already have something that will perform and have better graphics than any console. It boils down to games and the quality of those games.

From the future are we? How'd you know PS4 will deliver all that with no monthly premium. I'm gonna laugh so hard when Sony unveil's a pay to play plan.
And we'll laugh at you when its still the same.

I pay to play for the x360 and feel that I wasted my money, lol I only play Forza4!

Anyways, I'll be buying both and to the kid who said RPG's for life, better hope 3rd parties consider Nintendo even though the next gen consoles are going to have better hardware. So who knows if companies like Bethesda even give a shit about Nintendo.

Anyone else think we'll see Nintendo titles for x720/ps4?
I do!!! :D

we wont see nintendo titles on the ps4 or xb unless they are 3rd party devs that arnt contrlled by nintendo

PS4 is said to have 8 Jaguar cores at 1.6Ghz. No HyperThreading.
If that's true I expect my Quad Core to keep up with new games and only would need to change the graphics card again.

Now games only use up to two cores. If new games start to be well threaded then the other half of my CPU would also be used in games instead of being wasted. Jaguar cores are slow, they are used in netbooks and with only 1.6 Ghz of requency. My Conroe based CPU runs at 3.2 Ghz.

The only problem may be the use of the iGPU for computing things in a game, but knowing that per rumours PS4 will only reach 1.8 TFLOPS on the external GPU and yield another 100 GFLOPS (0.1 TFLOPS) on the APU, then I see a big margin on computer cards that can do between 3 and 5 TFLOPS. And those numbers are for current cards. DirectCompute and OpenCL are able to run on heterogeneous systems.

And that's assuming that the APU won't be just the Jaguar CPU with the big and supposedly external GPU integrated into the APU instead of having to GPUs, one on the APU and the big external chip.

I've traditionally been an Xbox guy. This time around Sony is more enticing to me. Admittedly, mostly because of my growing disdain for Microsoft. But still.

Same. I don't like the "media center hub" they're trying to turn the 360 into, and I assume now that Kinect is more mature and a new console is a 'start from scratch', the 720 (or whatever it's gonna be called) is going to be even further away from the "gaming console" line and more towards "media center hub".

I just want a game console. I don't want Facebook integration or movie rentals or ESPN. I have other, better things to use or access if I wanted that shit. I also don't want motion controls.

Not gonna happen.
Free online play is Sony's calling card and a major bullet point on the "pros" list of their consoles. They earn revenue from Ps+, they don't need to also charge for online play.

I'd say between the two flinching that MS is more likely to give Live Silver the chance to play online for free (to compete) and make Live Gold stand for something else....early previews, other features of some sorts....turning Live Gold into something more like "Xbox Advantage" (as I stated in another thread).

Eventually people will get tired of paying for Live when they question what they're actually paying for. Live hosts no content, no games whatsoever. All the online play is still P2P; Live has no part in it.

PSN being free is why I'll buy a Ps4 before I buy a 720 this time around.

I would bet both systems are coming this year, and I doubt more than 2 months apart. I think they'll both launch around October/November.

PS+ is a much more valuable pay service today, I don't really expect that to change unless PS4 is a monster hit and Sony doesn't have to offer so many freebies. PS+ with a EU account is esp worthwhile.

Boy a $500 console to me doesn't seem economically appealing right now, but Sony did release the bloated and expensive Vita, though it was primarily designed under the old CEO's way of doing business. Maybe by going with a system based on common PC architecture will help keep the price down.

Feb 20th is really soon, I am psyched!
Will be nice to see the next console war develop!

Really if it's 500+ , well that certainly loooks more appealing to me to say "For 500 I can start building a new pc!"

With the current economy I think 300-350 is the sweet spot for most people for a new gaming system.

Plus in the end, the SOFTWARE, not hte hardware, is what will push the most profits, they need to focus on that front rather then squeezing as much out of the hardware profit wise.

If its $500 , it will be Sony's last console. There is no room in this cash strapped economy for a $500 console.

I bet , sadly so , if you asked a regular Joe if they wanted a new Xbox or Playstation at a $500 price point or the next iPad at a $500 price point .. they will pick the iPad. At that $500 , its going to be a VERY hard sale for a new gaming console for a lot of people.

In fact anything over $300 will be a hard sell.

I'm thinking they'll do at least a 2 sku option, thinking base model at $349.99 to match the WiiU deluxe price point and a model at $399.99.

Thier definately annoucing it on the 20th seems, Patcher said investors and media are being invited.

Taken from kotaku:
The Wall Street Journal is now reporting that "people familiar with the matter" have told them that the next PlayStation will indeed debut at the event. They go on to say that the PlayStation 4 (or whatever it winds up being called) will be released later this year, in time for the holidays. We've reached out to Sony about the WSJ's story, and will update if we hear back. In the meantime, read up on the latest we've learned about the new console."]The Wall Street Journal is now reporting that "people familiar with the matter" have told them that the next PlayStation will indeed debut at the event. They go on to say that the PlayStation 4 (or whatever it winds up being called) will be released later this year, in time for the holidays. We've reached out to Sony about the WSJ's story, and will update if we hear back. In the meantime, read up on the latest we've learned about the new console.

Last edited:
I think Sony learned from their mistakes.. high prices, stupid ass comments, and even fucking around with weird looking controllers - none of that be part of their next gen plan, I hope.

I'm speculating that the price point will be.. bare bones PS4 (ex. lower capacity drive, maybe no HDMI cable, etc) for $299, and either $349 or $399 for one with all bells and whistles... Personally I'm hoping for $349, i'd bump my price point for some bells and whistles.

I think Sony learned from their mistakes.. high prices, stupid ass comments, and even fucking around with weird looking controllers - none of that be part of their next gen plan, I hope.

I'm speculating that the price point will be.. bare bones PS4 (ex. lower capacity drive, maybe no HDMI cable, etc) for $299, and either $349 or $399 for one with all bells and whistles... Personally I'm hoping for $349, i'd bump my price point for some bells and whistles.

I think the PS Vita is proof that they have NOT learned anything. In fact I think this is a clear indicator that they think they have a strategy that works.

They make great hardware, but their arrogance is a constant problem.

Thats not a link, needs fixin.

$400. There is noway it will be less, not with the hardware we have heard of.
MS will follow the suit. BUT, I predict they will NOT give MSRP at this event. Final price will be reveled at e3.

It would be interesting if they release info on February 20th, before Microsoft. Perhaps they have information on Microsoft's release, and they are attempting to beat them to the punch, or are actually confident they will be letting Microsoft announce first.

Sony has been sending mixed messages about the PS4 for some time now. Not sure what to expect from the announcement that is coming up. But, given their actions lately I really don't expect to see them pull a rabbit out of their hat. I expect an upgraded console and nothing more.

Pass whatever you're smoking my way. $299 ? That's less than Wii-U's launch price !

Are you serious?

No way it's less than $399.

Pass whatever you're smoking my way. $299 ? That's less than Wii-U's launch price !

Are you serious?

No way it's less than $399.

tru dat. $399 at launch and expect a Wii-U price drop before xmas.

Early adopters must be punished!!!

You guys are crazy if you think this thing will be sub $500. Phones cost more then that now.

tru dat. $399 at launch and expect a Wii-U price drop before xmas.

Early adopters must be punished!!!

Early adopters always are but we get to play longer. I by all my consoles at launch I want to play, sitting and waiting is no fun. Could die tomorrow and never have done the things I wanted to so fuck it why not

I think they need to hit 399, and I see Wii U next Christmas at 299/250 for basic unit.

You guys are crazy if you think this thing will be sub $500. Phones cost more then that now.

The phones that cost $500 are sold for a profit and not subsidized by the manufacturer. Consoles have a different business model.

Back