Player unknown Battlegrounds

Anyone know what's up with the little stutter/freezes every minute or two? My screen will freeze for less than a second, and then pick up. I keep moving in the game while this happens, just very annoying. Using a 1080.

Anyone know what's up with the little stutter/freezes every minute or two? My screen will freeze for less than a second, and then pick up. I keep moving in the game while this happens, just very annoying. Using a 1080.

On a 980Ti and actually was triping balls about that last night. Thought I was seeing things. WTF? Maybe this 5gb patch that just hit fixed it ? haven't tried it again since last night but I will tonight after work.

did it just start happening today with the new patch? I've had this issue since release then it went away but came back a week or two ago for me.

I can run it at pretty high graphic settings, but you are hurting your chances in game, since that added detail actually covers the bad guys better than turning foliage etc to the minimum setting. Unfortunate that you have to run it at potato-pc settings to keep the playing field level.

played a few games of fpp. not wild about it. was kinda wishing I was in 3rd person the whole time. I made it to #5 one game. its a addition to the game and will keep things fresh.

errrrmaaagaaahhhawwwwdddd the lag its like dial up. if they cant fix it tomorrow I think they should roll back to previous version.

Wow the new patch borked things up pretty bad lol.

Had two of these tonight and some other horrible lag outs:

I had been working on picking that bottle up for 30 seconds already. Earlier I was outside a building prone in the grass covering my friend when someone showed up, got off a bike and ran passed. Right as I was about to shoot I got network lag for 60 seconds. Game told my friend I was dead. After 60 seconds I was back in, saw that other player running up the hill nearby and so I shot at them. They never turned and after the mag was empty I was dead and they were looting me lol :(

Patch needed some more QA time me thinks.

First person mode is neat but still a bit broken. I lost all HUD options and couldn't see my teammate in game or their health etc. When on a buggy I had full 360 head motion still which I can see to back up the car but put a mirror on it or something its weird to allow it there but not in regular running around. Maybe let me turn my head a bit farther but not the whole way or something.

I liked the restricted feeling, changes the game a lot. I think once they clean it up both modes will be a lot of fun to bounce between.

Hopefully they fix the lag issue soon because damn...

On a 980Ti and actually was triping balls about that last night. Thought I was seeing things. WTF? Maybe this 5gb patch that just hit fixed it ? haven't tried it again since last night but I will tonight after work.
For the first time ever I'm having the same issue... played here and there for a month until the recent update and bam, lag out of nowhere.

For the first time ever I'm having the same issue... played here and there for a month until the recent update and bam, lag out of nowhere.

Seriously good to know I'm not nuts and people are actually feeling the same shit.

the freezing isn't from todays update. somehow they reintroduced it a couple weeks ago. the lag on the other hand...

and the freezing is still present with todays update.

Is it just me, or do you feel really short in first person? Like about a foot or two shorter than you should be? Go up to the benches or to a door. I think they want us to see through a midgets eyes.

Yeah it's definitely an issue. I actually stopped playing for the most part because of the stutter and lag/desync/hit reg.

I was constantly dying due to stutter which happens to me a lot right when an enemy comes in sight at close range. It's fucking annoying. If it's a game where you just respawn and get back in the fight that's one thing... But spending 15-20 minutes grinding loot only to die because of lag or stutter I just can't handle anymore. Too aggravating lol.

You can try adjusting your page file, that helps some people apparently. Just do a search for the reddit post on stutter and there are some potential fixes. There are also some launch options that may help. However they are fixes that were written before the last few patches. Can't say if they still work.

Last edited:
Sounds good Converge, I will dig on that. The other thing I have noticed, is that textures seem to be loading in for me late. My buddy kept spotting cars and boats way before me. I made the comment that I could see the trees loading in and spreading out, and he was like what do you mean, I can see all the trees. So I'm not sure what's going on with that either.

Wow the new patch borked things up pretty bad lol.

Had two of these tonight and some other horrible lag outs:

I had been working on picking that bottle up for 30 seconds already. Earlier I was outside a building prone in the grass covering my friend when someone showed up, got off a bike and ran passed. Right as I was about to shoot I got network lag for 60 seconds. Game told my friend I was dead. After 60 seconds I was back in, saw that other player running up the hill nearby and so I shot at them. They never turned and after the mag was empty I was dead and they were looting me lol :(

Patch needed some more QA time me thinks.

First person mode is neat but still a bit broken. I lost all HUD options and couldn't see my teammate in game or their health etc. When on a buggy I had full 360 head motion still which I can see to back up the car but put a mirror on it or something its weird to allow it there but not in regular running around. Maybe let me turn my head a bit farther but not the whole way or something.

I liked the restricted feeling, changes the game a lot. I think once they clean it up both modes will be a lot of fun to bounce between.

Hopefully they fix the lag issue soon because damn...

yeah i'm hoping the first person view issues get cleaned up, i've never been a fan of 3rd person view in any game but i'll put up with it for short periods of time..

Sounds good Converge, I will dig on that. The other thing I have noticed, is that textures seem to be loading in for me late. My buddy kept spotting cars and boats way before me. I made the comment that I could see the trees loading in and spreading out, and he was like what do you mean, I can see all the trees. So I'm not sure what's going on with that either.

i'd take that over the game starting, lagging and having to jump out of the plane after it's already gone across the entire island.. that crap started happening a few weeks ago for me.

Glad that they got the lag fixed but First Person is still borked.
Just was in the apartment complex next to the school, my friend and I knew folks were in a side building so we went over there and snuck in.
We waited in the side entrance outer room but once we shut the door they stopped moving so we moved in slowly. Cleared the main side room.

When I went in the kitchen I took fire but no one was in there and the windows were clean.
I ran in the kitchen 3 times to check windows, table tops everything and no one was there. My friend ran in as well trying to figure out where I was and eventually he was getting shot from.
As soon as I died to players just appeared there in the kitchen.

I dont think they could see my friend as they ran out of the kitchen and passed him so he dropped them.

I got a win in solo first person today. its almost impossible to see people laying in grass because your view is low.

I got a win in solo first person today. its almost impossible to see people laying in grass because your view is low.

Damn, it's that bad? Haven't had a chance to play yet since this latest update. Gonna try in a little bit tonight.

First Person feels kind of weird, I dunno the view doesn't feel right, I wish it was up a little bit higher.

Got my first solo chicken dinner last night. Been playing for about 10 days now. This is dinner # 8 overall :D

Nice man. I got two Duo wins, a squad win, and multiple top 10 duos/squads yesterday.

I've only gotten 1 chicken dinner thus far.

I lucked out and killed someone that had the ghille suit and supressors for AR & SMG.

I ended up sitting on a hill where no one was able to find me oddly enough and I ended up watching the other 2 of 3 kill one another, then promptly ran up and shot the other guy for the win, haha

Reactions: Dan
like this
The game is entertaining. But damn it's buggy, clunky, and doesn't run very well.

I've only gotten 1 chicken dinner thus far.

I lucked out and killed someone that had the ghille suit and supressors for AR & SMG.

I ended up sitting on a hill where no one was able to find me oddly enough and I ended up watching the other 2 of 3 kill one another, then promptly ran up and shot the other guy for the win, haha

This is an excellent strat. I never mind letting others kill eachother while i hang back. Im deff more a defensive player. I had a game yesterday where I had 9 kills though :O

The game is entertaining. But damn it's buggy, clunky, and doesn't run very well.

its so much fun though. The biggest thign for me is the 0 down time. You instantly get put into a match. its glorious

This is an excellent strat. I never mind letting others kill eachother while i hang back. Im deff more a defensive player. I had a game yesterday where I had 9 kills though :O

It could have gone either way, but I think having the silencer on my AKM definitely helped, because I was taking pot shots @ guy #1 from behind a tree, but guy #2 spotted #1 when he went for cover and ended up finishing him off. I think I threw a grenade to one side of #2 and then took him out as he ran to the other side.

Reactions: Dan
like this
anyone notice the foliage looks a little different since thursday's update? I think my frame rate went down a little due to them adding more detail to the foliage. I noticed it sways from wind now, or it was already swaying and I never payed attention.

I got 4th on my first solo. Got lucky not running into anything more than one on ones.

I had a win a few weeks ago, where I fired 2 shots from a shotgun, and threw 1 frag grenade..the entire game..all in the last 60 seconds. (2 kills)

I take it "Defensive" is the polite term for being a camper...

Not always. The way I see it personally is a "defensive" player is one that is not one to take a fight unless they know they won't give away their position by doing so, or they stalk players instead of coming right out and trying to take them out.

Back