Player unknown Battlegrounds

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1334602669381985571

This patch will be deployed to the main servers on Thursday, June 8th, 5PM KST / 8AM UTC / 1AM PDT and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

• Server Performance
  • Improved physics engine performance on game servers.
  • Mitigated an issue with the character stopping moving when a large amount of data is sent.

• Client Performance
  • Improved client performance in the lobby.
  • Improved care package airplane rendering performance.

• Gameplay
  • Modified the "match ends in" timer from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

• Bug Fix
  • Fixed a bug that caused weapon icons at the bottom of the screen to not be shown when switching weapons after opening the inventory.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a client crash when changing the character's looks.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Freelook (Alt) not to work while the character is jumping.

See you in-game,
PUBG Community Team

I wonder if "Mitigated an issue with the character stopping moving when a large amount of data is sent." will finally solve the micro freezes this game randomly has.

This is why I get so pissed off when I play this game, between that and stuttering half the time I see an enemy and align my goddamn sights the game stutters and 3 seconds later I'm greeted by a "You've been killed by..."

I had a great time the first 2 weeks I had this game, like a month or two ago...actually managed to win 4 solo rounds, 1 with 10 kills. But now the game just pisses me off and is too aggrivating. I've been playing Rising Storm 2.

I wonder if "Mitigated an issue with the character stopping moving when a large amount of data is sent." will finally solve the micro freezes this game randomly has.
very annoying indeed. At least everyone experiences it and not just select people.

yeah game did the micro freezing with my i5 2500k at 4.5ghz and with my new build which is a i7 7700k. fps way higher with the i7. 30-50 more.

Seems to have a bit more lag tonight than last week when I played. Overall though stability seems up a bit just more laggy. Forgot to pay attention to my FPS though.

I hope they add more random insertion planes and split the players up randomly into the planes to utilize some more of the map and spread us out a bit more.

and split the players up randomly into the planes to utilize some more of the map and spread us out a bit more.

They used to have three planes flying tandem....but got rid of it due to the fact someone would be on the ground nearly fully geared waiting for others to drop in. It would be nice if they had 3 planes flying side by side at a distance to cover the whole map. Hrm, suggestion to the devs on their forum!

Seems to have a bit more lag tonight than last week when I played. Overall though stability seems up a bit just more laggy. Forgot to pay attention to my FPS though.

I hope they add more random insertion planes and split the players up randomly into the planes to utilize some more of the map and spread us out a bit more.
I hope they dont do that. I like being able to have an idea where most of the people are. and driving across the map and know there probably wont be anyone where I'm going.

They used to have three planes flying tandem....but got rid of it due to the fact someone would be on the ground nearly fully geared waiting for others to drop in. It would be nice if they had 3 planes flying side by side at a distance to cover the whole map. Hrm, suggestion to the devs on their forum!

I dont think they should start at random times but just 1 to 4 total, will randomly appear at different angles and everyone can drop just like they do now. Expect it may spread people out a bit more and set up for some different engagements. If they started at different times yeah that would suck. But yeah I could see folks ditching early to wait for the other plane to fly over. Unless they hid them it wouldnt work beyond all starting at the same side.

I hope they dont do that. I like being able to have an idea where most of the people are. and driving across the map and know there probably wont be anyone where I'm going.

I do like that, but if it randomly selected between 1 or 2 or 3 planes without anyone knowing until it began it would be interesting. Just an option they could have folks disable. If they already did and it sucked, so be it. I just hate seeing so much of the map essentially get played less than 10% of the time.

I also think it might be neat to start with two smaller areas of battle that slowly shrink and move closer together eventually merging. They dont have to perfectly move together and can link up in the last few minutes but it would be a different angle to have.

I'm waiting for a Steam Sale for this game if it's good and they can offer CSGO for 5.00 this game will get a boost.

So I guess the update added HDR to the game. When I launched it for the first time in about a week, my tv/monitor said it was displaying an HDR signal.

edit: don't bother playing with it on though...it looks nice, but it makes people impossible to see in the shadows.

Last edited:
This is definitely a game that gets better as players get better. The general population that I play with (Reddit PUBG Discord) has gotten to be pretty reliable and I've gotten much better. Games are many times more enjoyable now and probably will get better. I can't imagine how much better it'd be if I had a regular group of 10-15 people.

I really hope they do more maps with varied environments. A dense jungle would be fucking unreal. Can you imagine a snowy, mountainous map with caves and shit? There is so much potential, but I don't think the game will ever get there. I really hope it does.

I hopped on the bandwagon randomly looking for a new game. I've never played any of these sort of games. I dig it!

My only desire is A) Performance. It is alpha though so, duh. B) Some sort of adjustment to the foliage so that you don't have to run it on Low to be on a level playing ground. Like, can they make low foliage just as vision obstructing as better quality foliage?

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
I hopped on the bandwagon randomly looking for a new game. I've never played any of these sort of games. I dig it!

My only desire is A) Performance. It is alpha though so, duh. B) Some sort of adjustment to the foliage so that you don't have to run it on Low to be on a level playing ground. Like, can they make low foliage just as vision obstructing as better quality foliage?

agree, that's always been an issue with fps games that have foliage and why most competitive players always run bare minimum settings.

Anyone think this might go on sale during the steam sale?

Interested after watching this video:

Anyone think this might go on sale during the steam sale?

Interested after watching this video:

thats crazy he won. he dropped the rarest item in the game, the ar suppressor, lol. and didnt pick up multiple pans, which blocks your ass from bullets.

If anyone wants to squad up, add me on Steam. Just put [H] in the message.

Steam: sethmobr

From the Steam Community forum page for PUBG

TheSparrow Moderator Jun 23 @ 7:13am
Steam Summer Sale and PUBG
Considering how many topics are created per hour on this subject, I felt the need to make it very clear for everyone: PUBG won't go on sale during this Steam Summer Sale.

Furthermore, there are no plans for a sale anytime soon. Everything else is pure speculation. Any topics asking this question again and any complains on this decision will be immediately deleted.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/578080/discussions/1/2592234299529454738/

In case folks are wondering. I think a sudden influx of additional players due to a Steam sale would have put even more stress on their servers. People are still paying full price for the game, currently listed as a Top Seller and has been for quite some time.

From the Steam Community forum page for PUBG

http://steamcommunity.com/app/578080/discussions/1/2592234299529454738/

In case folks are wondering. I think a sudden influx of additional players due to a Steam sale would have put even more stress on their servers. People are still paying full price for the game, currently listed as a Top Seller and has been for quite some time.

GMG sent out a bunch of 20% off codes at least twice so far. So it may not go on sale on steam, but GMG seems to be every so often.

yeah I can't think of a reason they should put it on sale now with it selling so well. $30 isn't much anyway.

new update came out, no vaulting yet. new nvidia driver is out today too. no idea if the two compliment each other.

Have not yet found the new guns, liked the sunset map a lot, that video's complaint is why I liked it though I found it a little easier to see than the sunny / cloudy day since it was less washed out.

My main complaint is still the hit registration. Seems to be much worse after the patch :( emptied a full extended mag from a silenced scar and AKM mag into a few folks from about 50 to 100 feet and got nothing. They turned around and dropped me in a few shots.

Overall the game seems more stable so good patch.

does anyone win regularly? I only get a win about once every week or two. and I play 2 hours almost every night.

does anyone win regularly? I only get a win about once every week or two. and I play 2 hours almost every night.

I've been watching Dr Disrespect on Twitch and he wins all the time, its crazy.

anyone else find the new zone system adds more luck to the game? now the zones close on the edge of current zone. before the update new zones use to be more in the center of current zone. so now you just have to get lucky that your on the edge it closes. I dont like it. I liked being able to move to the center of the zone with a vechicle and kill people and take their position in a building or wherever. the game determines weather you win or not. which it did already. but now even more so. multiple top 10 finishes since the update but zones keep closing on the other side of the current zone so = loss.

Last edited:
I've been watching Dr Disrespect on Twitch and he wins all the time, its crazy.

90% of his wins come from squad games, which streamers tend to dominate.

Best streamer I've seen at this game is Grimmz and Lirik, who both regularly solo 4-man servers.

Can't really compare win percentages to streamers, though. They regularly play BG 6+ hours a day, it's insane

Won a couple tonight, a 4 man and a 2 man. kind of shows the different ways to play, the 4 man game we had something like 21 kills, which is a big chunk of the game. The duo game we had I think 3, 2 of which were the final circle of 4 (I think it was 2 on 2, but it was hard to tell, could have been 2 v 1 v 1). That was really just moving all the time, circle screwed us, so we were going in with no mod weapons and no scopes.

Despite the progress they've made, the netcode still feels very hit and miss with this game. I've often been in situations where my crosshair is directly on an enemy that is no more than 20 meters away and every shot misses while they nail me in two shots. Then I've had games where people were 100+ meters out and every shot landed.

Conversely if I take the same guns in ARMA 3 and fire them at someone even 700m out, the projectile will go where I aim on a server with 100 players. PUBG has a long long way to go before it's worth playing on a regular basis IMO.

90% of his wins come from squad games, which streamers tend to dominate.

Best streamer I've seen at this game is Grimmz and Lirik, who both regularly solo 4-man servers.

Can't really compare win percentages to streamers, though. They regularly play BG 6+ hours a day, it's insane

I think Grimmz cheats and I bet one day he's going to get caught.

Despite the progress they've made, the netcode still feels very hit and miss with this game. I've often been in situations where my crosshair is directly on an enemy that is no more than 20 meters away and every shot misses while they nail me in two shots. Then I've had games where people were 100+ meters out and every shot landed.

Conversely if I take the same guns in ARMA 3 and fire them at someone even 700m out, the projectile will go where I aim on a server with 100 players. PUBG has a long long way to go before it's worth playing on a regular basis IMO.
I have run into this as well however, its really more noticeable later on in the day, I blame a lot of it on people being on NA servers that shouldn't be.

Back