Player unknown Battlegrounds

All of the CSGO people who wanted something different jumps on PUBG so basically it's the same community.

This game is alot of fun, but i feel like the graphics are from 2010. Curious to see what they improve prior to the official release.

20170812_121919.jpg

Did they break crouc/sprint jumping? Driving me crazy when I'm sprinting and hit jump annnndd nothing.

Did they break crouc/sprint jumping? Driving me crazy when I'm sprinting and hit jump annnndd nothing.
I still crouch jump out windows, I have my crouch set to toggle and always have if that makes a difference. I think people used to bind crouch and jump to the same key to make it easier, but they removed that in the latest update. this game doesn't have crouch jumping the way games like cs: go do it. when you jump crouch in pubg you dont land in the crouched position. the game only lets you crouch if it detects your feet are touching something, which is why you have to crouch when you make contact with the window sill/trim. where as in cs go if you crouch while jumping you will land crouched no matter what which is the way it should be I think.

somehow dr disrespect crouch jumps through windows without making contact so he just flys through them and he can do it 99% of the time. I'm not sure how. my keyboard is like 13 years old and its not a gaming one so maybe I need a new one.

Last edited:
Just jumped on this game a few days ago and it's pretty good/thrilling. I put about 20 hours in it already but still haven't gotten a chicken dinner yet but I am always oh so close. I always find myself out-positioned towards the very end when it's the last 7-8 guys left. The last time I was 1v1 for the chicken dinner against a guy that was sniping... I forgot the circle closes in super small and was still looking for him from far away.. he ran up to me and shot me down lol. But this game is so fun especially in your own squad.

Any tips are appreciated too if you guys have any to give! I know it's a lot about positioning and timing.

Would you guys say that this game is more CPU demanding or GPU? I am running it on an X5650 @ 4.0ghz and a R9 290 stock. Runs pretty well most of the time with settings on low and AA on high but this game is giving me the upgrade itch..... too bad I need a new set of tires next week :(

Last edited:
Just jumped on this game a few days ago and it's pretty good/thrilling. I put about 20 hours in it already but still haven't gotten a chicken dinner yet but I am always oh so close. I always find myself out-positioned towards the very end when it's the last 7-8 guys left. The last time I was 1v1 for the chicken dinner against a guy that was sniping... I forgot the circle closes in super small and was still looking for him from far away.. he ran up to me and shot me down lol. But this game is so fun especially in your own squad.

Any tips are appreciated too if you guys have any to give! I know it's a lot about positioning and timing.

Would you guys say that this game is more CPU demanding or GPU? I am running it on an X5650 @ 4.0ghz and a R9 290 stock. Runs pretty well most of the time with settings on low and AA on high but this game is giving me the upgrade itch..... too bad I need a new set of tires next week :(
using smoke nades in the end game can get you out of pickle. smoke the guys that you don't have cover from and shoot at the others. use your painkillers/energy drinks to keep you healing while your in fights. and try not to shoot at people unless you need to take their positon or if they spot you.

I've never been successful or get far in squads. Last night we were #2 4 times. Squads is really fun and fking intense... Every end circle your just surrounded by people. We all got atleast 4 kills and would always just drop into Pochinki. Love it!

This game taxes both my ryzen 1700 @ 3.7 and my ryzen 1700 at 2560x1080 in the start, a bit after you land it gets A LOT better. I also see my VRAM getting ate up.
Try not to shoot unless you can kill. I play with too many people who start shooting at anything that moves and gives up any suprise we have. What normally would be a clean execution turns into a fire fight. Firefight means waste of ammo and health supplies. Also my Rule of thumb with smoke grenades is don't smoke your position always throw it at the enemy if you know where they are. A smoke is a easy notice for people who are in the distance to watch. Ill bet 90% of the time someone will see you move. Throw the smoke at your enemies to completely encase them in it, They cant see ANYTHING in any direction. Sometimes you can find them that they accidently run to the oppiside side of cover or go prone in the open when it airs out and get the jump.

Also headphones and patience are a MUST. Audio is your strongest weapon.

We got two 3 man squad wins last night and could often use a 4th. If you're interested, add me on Steam (Shantarr [should be a black S on white background]) and we can try for that glorious chicken dinner.

Bluehole going full retard.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-cl...t-about-the-idea-itself-its-about-epic-games/

This is Bluehole VP Changhan Kim:

So, battle royale is just about last man standing, it's a simple game mode, and we're not claiming any kind of ownership over the game mode or genre itself, it's not for us to even comment.

Later on in the same response to the same question.

We're starting to have concerns that they're (Epic Games) going to develop new features or improve something in the engine to support that battle royale gameplay, and then use it for their own game mode.

So anyone else but the company from whom you're licensing your engine from can create a Battle Royale mode or game, but because it's Epic now you have a problem. He can't even give a straight answer as to what his objections are specifically to Fortnite.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-cl...t-about-the-idea-itself-its-about-epic-games/

So, battle royale is just about last man standing, it's a simple game mode, and we're not claiming any kind of ownership over the game mode or genre itself, it's not for us to even comment.

We're starting to have concerns that they're (Epic Games) going to develop new features or improve something in the engine to support that battle royale gameplay, and then use it for their own game mode.

So anyone else but the company from whom you're licensing your engine from can create a Battle Royale mode or game, but because it's Epic now you have a problem. He can't even give a straight answer as to what his objections are specifically to Fortnite.

It seems like a pretty simple objection to me. If it's another studio or a company using another engine, go for it. If they (Bluehole) are having to pay to license the game engine, the makers of the game engine shouldn't be able to recreate their game using the same engine. It's like getting paid for someone else to do their homework and then copying their homework while charging them still.

I think it comes from Fortnite and Epic saying in a video "We loved the idea of battle royale in PUBG, so we wanted to recreate that experience in Fortnite" (or something to that effect). They admitted to just taking the idea from PUBG and just throwing it into their game. Sure, it's a simple mode that makes a lot of sense. But, they called PUBG out by name and said they were copying it. That's where I think it comes from.

We used to get pissed at the Doom clones, Quake clones, Overwatch clones, etc.. Same thing, but not hiding it at all. They are open about cloning the PUBG idea.

This is still the most fun game out there imo. It’s the simplicity of it all that makes it so enjoyable and some of these big name studios better be taking notes. Anyway here’s my latest highlights:

Last edited:
I hadnt played in a while. I fired it up today and played some FPP mode. God it's so much better. That's what the game should be. Its so nice knowing you actually have to put yourself at risk to scout and gather info. You know if people can see you you can see them (generally).

No way I'll ever be able to play TPP again.

I hadnt played in a while. I fired it up today and played some FPP mode. God it's so much better. That's what the game should be. Its so nice knowing you actually have to put yourself at risk to scout and gather info. You know if people can see you you can see them (generally).

No way I'll ever be able to play TPP again.

The camera is too low in FPP mode and the FOV even at 103 too narrow. If they alleviate those two things I'd stick to it but for now TPP is more enjoyable.

I can suffer through the camera shit. TPP always felt stupid to me.

Let me watch this guy run around and then stand up and shoot him when it is perfect for me never made sense.

I can suffer through the camera shit. TPP always felt stupid to me.

Let me watch this guy run around and then stand up and shoot him when it is perfect for me never made sense.

What doesn't make sense is having a 3 ft wall you can't look over in FPP mode, that's what makes it ridiculous. The scaling just isn't built for FPP and they hastily threw it together.

What doesn't make sense is having a 3 ft wall you can't look over in FPP mode, that's what makes it ridiculous. The scaling just isn't built for FPP and they hastily threw it together.

Well, I agree. Neither of them make sense. It's a pretty piss poor game in terms of how well it's made. They got it to where it was just barely OK enough and it hit at the right time for it to blow up. I can't believe how shit the UI and loading is in the game even after all this time and money.

I really hope they will "fix" most of these complaints, but I do not have high hopes.

The game concept is GREAT & it's so much fun to play with a good squad, all on mic, all working together!

v2 has GREAT potential if a good team takes it over & also adds some new fucking maps & better graphics.

Of course they need to drop Player Unknown's name & call it something like "Battleground Royale".

I'd be playing BR v2 (BR: Source?) & BR:GO for decades.

PS: CS is 17 years old & 1st came out in Nov of 2000.
I guarantee that many of us will still be playing it in 2020!

Well, I agree. Neither of them make sense. It's a pretty piss poor game in terms of how well it's made. They got it to where it was just barely OK enough and it hit at the right time for it to blow up. I can't believe how shit the UI and loading is in the game even after all this time and money.

I wonder how much better this game (or any standalone BR game) would be if it didn't have such a gigantic turd of a dev team like Bluehole.

i'm getting owned by lag this weekend :| not fun

I think you just missed all your shots. shooting the ak fast like that probably caused all the bullets to go over his head. this is why I never use the ak.

maybe it was lag but I see bullshit like this when I use the ak so thats why I blame it on the gun. a scar in full auto I think would have easily been a kill.

Last edited:
I think you just missed all your shots. shooting the ak fast like that probably caused all the bullets to go over his head. this is why I never use the ak.

maybe it was lag but I see bullshit like this when I use the ak so thats why I blame it on the gun. a scar in full auto I think would have easily been a kill.

It wasn't so much me missing, but it was the insta death with a level 3 helmet to the M416 there that I was more annoyed with. I didn't get a chance to aim or shoot once they came out from behind the UAZ

Yea, game would be a million times better if everyone started with a pistol.

Cool idea! It makes me want a gun game / arms race mod rather than constant scavenger hunt mode.

My god I just found out about this game. Reminds me of my old counter strike days. SO freaking fun. At one point my heartbeat got up to like 150 in a firefight.

Back