Pictures of my new Dell 2405FPW with Neo-Flex arm!

yohan_nl said:
Very nice combination. I have the Dell and I'm considering an ergotron neo-flex myself. What I wonder about is how the neo-flex stands by itself, I mean: do you need to connect it to the desk with screws or something? Or can it stand all by itself, even with the heavy screen completely forward?
These are very nice LCD arms. I recently bought 2 for my 2-2005's. I highly recommend buying from YesMicro. I got mine for about $89 each. The arms were purchased and arrived all in about a weeks time as they appear to have warehouses all over the place with plenty stock on hand. ... Anyway... to answer your question, one of the features I really love about these new arms are the many mounting options. You can either do the standard "clamp" method where you slip the bracket over the back edge of your desk and clamp it down. Or you can use the option 2 where you remove the bracket and reattach another mount plate that locks the arm down using the "power cord hole" in the average office desk. .... Or you could even do what I did for 1 of them. I wanted my main screen to have a longer reach for when I am gaming and I can center it in front of me toward the edge of the desk. So I took a 1/4" drill bit and tapped a hole into my desk and locked it down that way. So I have my 1 Dell 2005 rotated in portrait mode for Text and web surfing mounted using the "clamp" method, and I have my main use gaming/ desktop screen in landscape mode mounted using the "hole in desk" (also called "grommet mount"). (I'll try to get some pics up later)

All in all... these arms were just what the Doctor ordered and I am very satisfied with the product and the retailer, YesMicro.com.

i ordered the one from buy.com total was $60 and i got a email saying it was shipped. Their wharehouse is only 40 miles from me so hopefully i get it quickly.

Here we have my old setup before the Neo-Flex LCD arms. (Please note my brilliant idea of "Surround/Rear Speaker Swing Arm")
Neo-Flex 005.jpg

Unpacking the sweet Arms.
Neo-Flex 006.jpg

After the swing arms. Not a lot of visual difference, but I will show an example of how I enjoy the functionality of these things.
Neo-Flex 009.jpg

Here is the overhead shot. Never mind my wiring. I am planing on moving soon and didn't feel like putting the time into it ... Not to mention I make use of almost every possible input on these monitors. (Dual VGA from PC1, Dual DVI from PC2, almost all USB's are tapped, Video composite from my VCR to the "landscape" view screen) Notice the arm to the left should have been mounted in the grommet mounting holes where the power cords are running, but I wanted my screen to reach a little further out onto the desk so I can center it when I'm gaming. (Pic to come) This is mounted using a 1/4" hole I drilled into the desktop using the supplied "option" mounting of the Neo-Flex arms. The arm on the right is using the standard "clamping" method that most people I assume will use.
Neo-Flex 011.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, I can move monitor 2 (portrait) out of the way so I can center monitor 1 for game time.
Neo-Flex 012.jpg

Here are a few "in-game" shots
Neo-Flex 014.jpg

Anyone we know? :D
Neo-Flex 016.jpg

Neo-Flex 018.jpg

Here is a great example of the "ghosting" of games on LCD's. Please know that this is very [H]ard to notice with the average, untrained, naked eye. Until I looked at my snap shots with the camera, I never noticed any ghosting with these LCD's in game. I'm not sure what my shutter speed was on my camera ... that could be a contributor to exaggerating the blur. I guess it could be a "widescreen" video problem as well that could be fixed with future drivers. (Note: I am using the BFG 6800 Ultra)
Neo-Flex 019.jpg

Neo-Flex 021.jpg

Since I am taking snapshots, here is a shot of what my typical evening around 9pm looks like.
Neo-Flex 022.jpg

Neo-Flex 023.jpg

These shots of the Cards VS Reds ball game were made possible by Dell's great addition of Composite inputs on these sweet LCD's. I have my Video out composite (Yellow) from my VCR running to the LCD. This is just standard cable, not digital or HDTV.
Neo-Flex 024.jpg

great pics, can't wait for my Neo-Flex to get here
I might have to pick up a 2005FPW for the side monitor when they go on sale again after seeing your nice dual setup (can't afford another 2405FPW)

soulsaver_8229 said:
Useing those arms dosent viod warantee?
:cool: looking setup

soulsaver_8229
...Thanks EnderW and Soul...
lmao to your sig ... "There are 3 kinds of people...." I am making note of that in my scrap book.

This may have been the end to my "Toy" buying for a while. I would love to get one of the 2405's and ebay one of the 2005's, but we have been house shoping for several months now and it looks like we will be making an offer on one here this week. I guess it's a good time to start garage sale'n for some better furniture. :D

soulsaver_8229 said:
Useing those arms dosent viod warantee?
:cool: looking setup

soulsaver_8229
why would it?
you can buy them from Dell
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...age=productlisting.aspx&instock=&refurbished=

Pringals said:
...Thanks EnderW and Soul...
lmao to your sig ... "There are 3 kinds of people...." I am making note of that in my scrap book.

This may have been the end to my "Toy" buying for a while. I would love to get one of the 2405's and ebay one of the 2005's, but we have been house shoping for several months now and it looks like we will be making an offer on one here this week. I guess it's a good time to start garage sale'n for some better furniture. :D
Oh, I thought those were 2405's - they look big.

my buddy has a Neo-Flex with his 2001FP and he likes it alot.

I may have to get one for my 2405FP some day.

wow these things look great, i cant wait for mine to get here, is the extender even really necessary? i mean how much more reach do you get like 7-10 inches? i dont think i need that so i should be good with the basic one.

Pringals said:
These are very nice LCD arms. I recently bought 2 for my 2-2005's. I highly recommend buying from YesMicro. I got mine for about $89 each. The arms were purchased and arrived all in about a weeks time as they appear to have warehouses all over the place with plenty stock on hand. ... Anyway... to answer your question, one of the features I really love about these new arms are the many mounting options. You can either do the standard "clamp" method where you slip the bracket over the back edge of your desk and clamp it down. Or you can use the option 2 where you remove the bracket and reattach another mount plate that locks the arm down using the "power cord hole" in the average office desk. .... Or you could even do what I did for 1 of them. I wanted my main screen to have a longer reach for when I am gaming and I can center it in front of me toward the edge of the desk. So I took a 1/4" drill bit and tapped a hole into my desk and locked it down that way. So I have my 1 Dell 2005 rotated in portrait mode for Text and web surfing mounted using the "clamp" method, and I have my main use gaming/ desktop screen in landscape mode mounted using the "hole in desk" (also called "grommet mount"). (I'll try to get some pics up later)

All in all... these arms were just what the Doctor ordered and I am very satisfied with the product and the retailer, YesMicro.com.

Thanks for all the helpful information! This is information that get's you somewhere, the standard short descriptions on the websites of stores and manufacturers + the litte post-stamp-size pictures are rubbish.

I live in the Netherlands so my only choice is to buy them from Dell. Big price difference by the way, these arms cost about 115 euro's here (that is about 140 USD). Anyway, it's worth it.

just hooked mine up
it's pretty cool, but a pain in the ass trying to get adjusted right
feels like the 2405 is approaching its limits
I'm thinking of taking the extension out

nice pics and setup! thats a perfect example of what to do with limited desk space

wow i got mine today via fedex and set it up in about an hour, getting the posistions right with the hex screw thing was tricky but its up and man it looks slick. Its so cool to see this giant 24" lcd floating over my desk and being able to move it way more than the stock stand. Ill post some pics soon. Oh by the way i picked mine up from buy.com for $55 + 5 shipping total was $60 great deal
front.jpg

rear.jpg

i gotta say this is quite possibly the coolest thing ive bought since.... well since i got my 2405, great addition to an lcd especially one this big with limited space

Hey, that's a very nice arm! Do you think it would work with a glass desk? I'm just wondering if the clamp will brake the glass with the weight?

Does the neo-flex arm seem pretty safe for a glass desk or should I sandwich the glass with something prior to installing the arm?

is it normal for the monitor to shake when I knock on the desk?

tpizarro said:
Does the neo-flex arm seem pretty safe for a glass desk or should I sandwich the glass with something prior to installing the arm?
personally i would sandwich it with some rubber or something, the metal underpart of the clamp could break or scratch any glass or delacate surface i think. Also about it shaking, yes when i bump my desk or something with my chair it does do a little wobble but nothing to bad. One thing that ive notices which is kinda lame because of my corner desk is that the monitor is never directly in the center because i dont have the extenstion to get some of the perfect angles. The rotation device on this makes it a bit difficult to just swing a tad to the left or right without moving the entire display.

EnderW said:
is it normal for the monitor to shake when I knock on the desk?
My two don't wobble at all ... but then again, I have the 2005's. The 2405's are a bit heavier and may be close to the weight limit on these arms.

On the Glass desk issue... I would defiantly feel better about using some type of buffer to distribute the pressure. Nothing big and major, perhaps a simple piece of 1/8" or 1/4" thick piece of wood would do the trick. I don't think you need to worry about having a top and a bottom piece, but defiantly put something to spread out the bottom part. The top part of the bracket has a pretty good size foot print and is also padded.

I just took mine down and put it on the stock base.
I'm gonna try removing the extension to see if that makes it more stable.
If not, I'll keep the arm until I get my 2005FPW.

Back