Pictures of my new Dell 2405FPW with Neo-Flex arm!

sorry for the blurry pictures. the Neo-Flex is so cool!

THE OLD:
IMG_0294.jpg

THE NEW:
IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

did u have to mod the case to fit in the nv5? or did it come that way? Either way, nice cooling for the 6800Gt or ultra :D Ur watercooled case looked good too ;)

I was thinkning of getting that arm, but I wanted something that looked cooler from the front view. But from the front the arm totally looks like the stock stand it already comes with.

I finally when with the wallmount option, and I'm very pleased too.

http://home.comcast.net/~krypt/desk1s.JPG

the Neo-Flex looks nothing like the stock stand! the stock stand has the black trunk and silver D shaped foot.

how did you run the DVI and power cables?? through the wall?

The Ergotron Neo-Flex comes in two versions, the 45-174-300, and 45-160-300. The only differance is that the 45-174-300 comes with the extra extension while the 45-160-300 doesnt. You can remove extension, which will make it exactly like the 45-160-300.

The unit comes fully assembled (with the extension). Its made out of steel and has a nice glossy silver finish. The paint is pretty tough, so it wont chip. Overall, it has a nice solid feel.

The extension is used for adjusting the depth of the monitor (moving farther or closer to you). In my case, i didnt need to adjust depth, so i removed it. Its easily removed using the supplied Hex tools.

Setting up the monitor is pretty easy. You can either mount it on the edge of the desk, or in the center of the desk (needs a predrilled hole). Both ways use a sturdy clamping design. After you have the base mounted, just screw the monitor onto the VESA plate (you need a buddy to help you on this).

The 2405FPW weighs 15.4lbs (w/o base), so you need to adjust the arm accordingly. Just tighten the joints a bit using the supplied Hex tool. Once its adjusted correctly, you can adjust the monitor anyway you like. The joints are pretty solid, so no worries about it fading in a year or so.

Overall, im very happy with my Neo-Flex. It frees up alot of desktop space underneath the monitor. I dont know why, but theres something sexy about a thin sleek (strong) arm holding up a huge LCD screen.

nice setup.

You wouldnt happen to want to give the extension away or sell would you? I might be interested.

very very very nice setup :)
that video card hole mod with the chrome lip is perfect.
not to mention that monitor is pimp also. :cool:

Hey that looks great,

Could you please tell me the exact model of NeoFlex you bought?
How much was it?

Thx.

scroll up about 5 posts. i made an entire Mini Review of the Neo-FLex. does nobody see it ? :(

i got it for $95+tax at Dell

I've just gotta re-iterate what many others have said. That shuttle is absolutley stunning with your mod. Could the side panel be dremeled even though you used a different method according to your thread on soompi and where did you get the chrome piping and did you use cathode tubes or LED's and is there room for a wireless card in there....and, and...be prepared for a few PM's from me in the future, cause I've just decided my first build is going to be that shuttle and mod of yours. Cool as.... :D

I'm about to do that mod as well, but with an IceStorm for my 6600GT. I decided I'm gonna hold off on upgrading for a year, but I want my computer silent, so its inferiority isn't constantly reminded by the annoying fans. :D

Your shuttle is so damn cool, I think I'm gonna actually consider a shuttle solution the next time I upgrade.

Goat_187 said:
I was thinkning of getting that arm, but I wanted something that looked cooler from the front view. But from the front the arm totally looks like the stock stand it already comes with.

I finally when with the wallmount option, and I'm very pleased too.

http://home.comcast.net/~krypt/desk1s.JPG
...From what I've read, I wouldn't ever even consider buying a single thing from BUY.COM! NEVER NEVER NEVER!

... I am gona be getting mine from DELL for about $95 that includes the extension.

I bought 2 from www.yesmicro.com. They had the best bargain for fast shipping, so I went with them. I'm planning to use these for both my VP201b and my Hyundai L90D+.

That's a nice desk mount, I'll get one for my next computer.

Pringals said:
...From what I've read, I wouldn't ever even consider buying a single thing from BUY.COM! NEVER NEVER NEVER!

... I am gona be getting mine from DELL for about $95 that includes the extension.

I must be lucky, cause I buy stuff for my job all the time from buy.com.. mostly small stuff like mice/keyboards/sometimes ram and have never had a problem with them. They do have an super shitty reseller rating though.. so I may reconsider future purchases with them :)

Liquid_Cooled said:
so how many times do you plan to post your link, ive seen it in 3 other threads already :rolleyes:

Just having some fun, do you think you'll survive? I’m sure all will love taking the time to read our last two posts. :(

EnderW-

How can I make the pic show in the post as others have done?

Tanquen said:
Just having some fun, do you think you'll survive? I’m sure all will love taking the time to read our last two posts. :(

EnderW-

How can I make the pic show in the post as others have done?
upload it at www.supload.com
it will give you the code to use on the forum

just finished reposting the pics. check on the first page, first post for new images. click on them if you want to see them big.

Liquid_Cooled said:
just finished reposting the pics. check on the first page, first post for new images. click on them if you want to see them big.
looks good, do you think the arm would be strong enough if you had the extension in there?
and I'd like to buy the extension from you, sending a PM now

Liquid, you went from that fancy dye colored ocean blue water cool computer to a shuttle. HOw can you live up to your own screen name? :D

Very nice combination. I have the Dell and I'm considering an ergotron neo-flex myself. What I wonder about is how the neo-flex stands by itself, I mean: do you need to connect it to the desk with screws or something? Or can it stand all by itself, even with the heavy screen completely forward?

Back