Antec P180 Picture Thread (Not 56k friendly)

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
Decided to take a few pics of my new Antec P180.
I was too lazy to label all of these, most of them should be pretty straightfoward, if you have any questions or requests, let me know.

The front panel clips into 6 rectangular holes in the frame, 3 on each side.
This is the top one.

Middle.

Bottom

Silicon pads for the PSU.

There was a stray strand on one of the filters, but it was easily removed.

I took the entire front panel off so I can sleeve all the wires.

The bottom right screw on the back 120mm fan looks a little stripped.

There appears to be a little wear on the bottom of the 5.25" drive cage, VERY minor.

Mark on the inside panel, pretty insignificant since the motherboard will cover it.

These are hooks on the side panels that slide into holes on the case. I remember someone else had broken their's, so far no problems with mine, they feel pretty secure.
You do need to take the panels off SLOWLY, because they are kinda heavy and it's a pretty snug fit.

One last thing, this is a small video with sound so you can hear how solid these side panels are.
http://media.supload.com/dl/confirm.php?get=57410422.avi

Design wise it's sick, looks wise it's clean but I woudln't want it... especially with the door open

Damn nice job with the pics. Very much appreciated. Can you tell us if the fans are removeable or are they rivited to the case?

Dregan said:
OK, well, do you like it?
Yes, so far I love it.

n64man120 said:
Design wise it's sick, looks wise it's clean but I woudln't want it... especially with the door open
I like the door. Tired of having to mess with stealthing drives.
And while in some ways, I would say my Lian Li looks nicer, this is a much better case for cooling and keeping noise down.

clarkkent333 said:
Damn nice job with the pics. Very much appreciated. Can you tell us if the fans are removeable or are they rivited to the case?
Thanks. All 3 fans are removable.

Is it just me, or is there no way to mount a front intake 120mm fan to that attachment in the middle of the case?

IceWind said:
Is it just me, or is there no way to mount a front intake 120mm fan to that attachment in the middle of the case?
Are you looking at img 95?
I can see how it doesn't look like the holes line up, but it must be the angle or something. You can definitly mount a fan there.

Now on the bottom intake panel, you can NOT mount a fan. Nor should you need to since the big 38 mm TriCool in right in the middle of the lower chamber.

i was debating between the P180 and the Stacker.....after giving it a day of thought, i chose the Stacker. P180 just looks like its too easily cramped.

The Stacker is a good case (thats what I have now) however to some regret it just seems a little too big when I think about it, haha. I guess (for me) the Stacker would have only been a good case if I still considered to WC my system but I decided not to.

I like the looks of this Antec. Again maybe a little too big for my liking, but looks quite professional from my opinion. My next case will be a good quality but simple one, thats for sure.

Nice case!

Everytime I see pics of this case, I feel bad that I didn't wait another couple months to get a case. I like the Thermaltake that I have because it blends into my desk, but the P180 has all the features that I could conceivably want in a case.

In the video, it seems like there is a fair bit of noise (certainly more than my fairly open Dragon series case). What hardware do you have in the P180 (HSF/GPU Fan)? Or are there other PCs in the room or something?

Any pics of the internals with hardware installed? :D

DieLate said:
In the video, it seems like there is a fair bit of noise (certainly more than my fairly open Dragon series case). What hardware do you have in the P180 (HSF/GPU Fan)? Or are there other PCs in the room or something?

Huh? Have you knocked on your Dragon and listended comparison wise? They P180 is MUCH quieter in comparison. I knocked on my Sonata while watching the video and I coudlnt' believe how much the Sonata resonates in comparison to the P180 :eek:

Man, I think I might get one and move my Super Lanboy over a position, to my AXP... This looks sick, and is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find...

DieLate said:

The case is empty. I will be installing my new system later today.

And I tried knocking on my Lian Li side panel for comparison, and the difference is night and day. I might post a video of that.

This is the computer you hear in the background.

Ah, thanks.
The noise I was referring to was the background, not the knocking on it. If I knock on my dragon case it sounds like the cops are breaking my door down. :D

I just thought it was assembled since it was sitting next to the monitor which was on. heh

Ender, post pics when you get your setup inside. God I can't wait till mine comes Monday!!

a few quick ones
I know my wiring sucks, but it's late and all I cared about was getting the new system up and running

I'll wait for a leet wire person to do some cable management on one of these cases before I consider buying one. They look really nice, but I need a lot of clean wires so I can fit a water cooling system with ease.

KrakenGuy said:
I'll wait for a leet wire person to do some cable management on one of these cases before I consider buying one. They look really nice, but I need a lot of clean wires so I can fit a water cooling system with ease.
I can do a lot better, just give me some time ;)

Thanks for the new pics, Ender.

So, what's your oppinion on noise now that it's together? Especially with 6 HDs. :eek:
How's that M1A sound when the case is all sealed up?

Woooooo, I got it!!! Its all mine!!!!!!!

Beautiful.......
p18010pk.jpg

This sucker TOWERS over "Night Wind"
p18035hf.jpg

Sexy, just the way I like it
p18045ng.jpg

Ohhhh the goodies inside!!
p18026vz.jpg

There is a few things I wish to see before I consider buying one of these.

1) Good wire management
2) Watercooling setups

I'm just too nitpicky =).

If I could get my camera back, I'd take some pics. My current wire management ain't that great. I found it tough to hid the wires. For instance, the front firewire has to run all the way to the back of the case as that's where the header is located on my DFI LanParty board. It's just a bit on the tough side to hide. heh

The duct is mainly for graphic cards but I do not know the extent of how well it works. You can put in a 80mm fan attached to it for extra "push" if you want.

Long time lurker, first time poster... heh.

I'm been wanting this case for a while and have been paying attention to all the threads about it. What I still haven't seen is anyone putting something in the 3.5" bay, not that anyone uses a floppy or anything but I was thinking of putting in a 7-in-1 card reader in that slot and by the pictures, the drive opening isn't a rectangle. Will that mean if I install such a drive, I'll have openings on the side of the drive? Or does Antec give you a faceplate for it?

Thanks guys.

capncrunch said:
Long time lurker, first time poster... heh.

I'm been wanting this case for a while and have been paying attention to all the threads about it. What I still haven't seen is anyone putting something in the 3.5" bay, not that anyone uses a floppy or anything but I was thinking of putting in a 7-in-1 card reader in that slot and by the pictures, the drive opening isn't a rectangle. Will that mean if I install such a drive, I'll have openings on the side of the drive? Or does Antec give you a faceplate for it?

Thanks guys.

Correct, it will have openings on the side and Antec does not give you faceplate to cover it up.

Damn, what a awesome case but I can't justify myself to spend that much on a case. I'll probably will thoug. :)

well my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium died during a BIOS flash, so I went back to the old Intel setup
cleaned up the wiring a little bit too

Damn stop posting these pics. They are making me want to buy one, adding to the other 3 cases I have already :p

IceWind said:
it can be done but you need to mod the case

Back