Picture of upcoming 7800GTX 512MB.

The Equalizer

Limp Gawd
Looks to be a monster.
7800GTX-512MB-bg-01.jpg

I might get this... I am guessing nvidia will keep its price around 600 - 550 to be competitive with the x1800 xt

The real news are the clocks...........

3D : 580/1730MHz
Throttle : 500/1730MHz
2D : 275/1730MHz

The same guys who got hold of the picture also got hold of the new XFX card's BIOS and extracted the clocks from it. If this XFX card represents an 'extreme' (highly-overclocked as standard) version of the GTX512 then it's likely we'll see similar clocks from the likes of BFG, Asus, Gainward etc.

But let's remember that this could all be BS, I'm looking forward to the reviews tho. :)

Rash said:
holy shit, it wont fit in my shuttle though :mad:

It might, I think it'd fit in my sn25p (, without the duct and, at the cost of the other slot obviously)

MartinX said:
It might, I think it'd fit in my sn25p (, without the duct and, at the cost of the other slot obviously)

:mad: my processor is overclocked and my spare slot is taken up, i think ill have to wait a while for a single card solution

VoloxitySF said:
Whoa, The price of them will probably make it not worth it.
With the GTX256 going for $455-470 I'm guessing NV will put the GTX512 into the $599 price slot in competition with the X1800XT 512MB (MSRP $549). Plenty of folks bought the GTX for that price so I see no reason why plenty more won't spend that sort of amount again for the new card.

There are only certain boards that work with dual slot cooling right? Does anyone know if the Asus P5N32 can fit 2 of these?

Looks ditto same as Leadtek 7800GTX Extreme 256MB and Quadro 4500. Except now it has XFX logo on it ;)

should now be an easy decision when looking for the card with the best performance :D

That looks really nice and the verification of the specs is :drool:.

Anyone know if a dual slot solution like this would work on a dfi sli-dr? I still got an asus-8xn sli lying around somewhere I could use. But it's overclocking capabilites are limited.

Maybe the new revision of the dfi-sli will work. I think the spacing is going to be even larger than on an asus. I guess there's always watercooling :)

If these clocks are real I might just have to sell my 7800's. These bad boys should allow for 1600x1200 HDR gaming :D

More power hungry cards, great.....

Our economy is going down the drain and we'll all riding the wave :)

heatsink are getting larger
and so does the wight of the comp is growing and growing. One day I'm gonna need a forklift to move my comp around :D

Hornet said:
heatsink are getting larger
and so does the wight of the comp is growing and growing. One day I'm gonna need a forklift to move my comp around :D

I'm already at that point my computer probably weighs in excess of 70lbs.

will my PSU be able to handle it?........Antec 480watt trublue with 28a on 12v rail.???

I hope so........

This heatsink will not fit in most SLI motherboards. Looks like ASUS might be selling a lot of motherboards. The MSI, DFI, etc. Out of luck.

ThisMonsterLives said:
That monster will cause blackouts in California.
and it will still use less power than the x1800xt

oh snap!

btf said:
I'm already at that point my computer probably weighs in excess of 70lbs.
well that would be most likely because of that nice vapochill system you have lol.

The Asus board is the first thing that came to my mind as far as having room to fit that behemoth. Probably want to have dual x16 version to handle all the goodness this thing will be able to crank out. :D

wrangler said:
The Asus board is the first thing that came to my mind as far as having room to fit that behemoth. Probably want to have dual x16 version to handle all the goodness this thing will be able to crank out. :D

I forgot about that. I wonder if using 16x vs 32x in sli really makes a difference? Or is it like going from agp 4x to 8x where the performance difference was almost non-existant.

well hopefully manufactures release card with different color PCB
is just boring to see all of them with the same green one like we noticed with the GTX

Ya, that looks completely awsome! xD

Looks like the Quadro 4500...which also looks awsome!

I wish I had a SLI mobo... :cry:

Computers weighed 70 pounds ten years ago, too, you know.

And is anyone else curious about the memory clock? I'm not so sure I understand why nVidia and ATi are clocking their memory below spec, as the current rumour seems to be that this baby uses 1800MHz Samsung memory.

Oh, and I think this one's real as the [H] boys seem to be under NDA. But that's just an assumption at this point.

VoloxitySF said:
Whoa, The price of them will probably make it not worth it.

As I understand it they are *supposed* to be very close in price to the current GTX's. But we'll see

^ As an ultra high-end, be-all/end-all product? Probably. I think we are all pretty certain that this new 512MB SKU, if the clocks are anywhere close ot what the Inq is predicting, is going to be King of the Hill until the spring refresh.

Back