Picture of upcoming 7800GTX 512MB.

i dunno about that... I'll wait to see head to head reviews.

that cooling solution (if the pic is real) is testament to the fact that they are really squeezing every little bit out of the card they can. I'm interested in knowing if they will be able to oc above and beyond what they're at or if it's as high as they'll go. We all know that the ati cards are capable of ocing (if the other story is true). Don't start flaming me yet, I know not everyone has ln2 cooling but still with regular cooling i think the ati will be able to achieve some good OC results. I haven't looked at a single benchmark for the x1800xt yet either though.

anyway that's pretty crazy looking, if i had the cash i'd get one haha (assuming it did perform better than the xt)

Topweasel said:
Not quite dead but it was found laying on the ground twitching.
rofl0an.gif

@ Peach: Indeed, Dell uses that same cooler, just like Leadtek. It's also used on the newest Quadro line (FX 4500 I believe), so yeah...that HSF is efficient, to say the least. :)

Well if they clock the ram @ 1730 and it's rated for 1800 there will be some head room there for sure. I would imagine 1900 might not be a stretch. As for the gpu I would assume they're squeezing every single mhz out of the core. Time will tell!

btf said:
I'm already at that point my computer probably weighs in excess of 70lbs.

That's about where I am at with PC weight.

coz said:
With the GTX256 going for $455-470 I'm guessing NV will put the GTX512 into the $599 price slot in competition with the X1800XT 512MB (MSRP $549). Plenty of folks bought the GTX for that price so I see no reason why plenty more won't spend that sort of amount again for the new card.

Well, unless the performance of the new GTX is 25% faster per card than what I have now, and somehow does alot better in SLi, I don't think I'll be upgrading. I like to stay on top of the technology curve as much as possible, but seriously, if the card isn't faster than just a slight refresh, I won't likely be buying them. I'll wait for the fallowing go around.

I like to upgrade, but only when the upgrade is of value.

Man that thing is crazy...cant wait until it comes out. Selling my 7800gt for this... :D

I can not wait to get this! Hopefull the price goes down a little by christmas, when I purchase it. Or maybe its just wishful thinking :p

This is speculation... but if the card is clocked at 580/1730 and we compare it to a BFG at 460/1300 we have an increase on the core of 26% and memory of 33%. If the memory is actually 1.1ns then an increase of 38%.

This card sounds like it will be very close to 2x7800 GTX's in sli.

btf said:
This is speculation... but if the card is clocked at 580/1730 and we compare it to a BFG at 460/1300 we have an increase on the core of 26% and memory of 33%. If the memory is actually 1.1ns then an increase of 38%.

This card sounds like it will be very close to 2x7800 GTX's in sli.

Now, if that really turns out to be the case, and they really are that much faster I'll upgrade again. Something tells me that it will be more like the difference between a 9800Pro and a 9800XT in reality. I think these numbers are generally being over exagerated.

Guys just talked to my buddy at TIGERDIRECT in Naperville Illinios and he saif that the XFX version is shipping on the 14th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Price is $649 and i can live with that.
WELL I officialy have a BONER!! I cant wait to grab one gonna put my GTXs up fior sale immediatly, 2 of these in SLI is the cats ass. Glad im retarded enough to buy 2 of these.

Checking on the orb a single gtx clocked at 580/1550 gets about 10200 3dmark05. This is with a FX-57@3500.

If I recall correctly with my FX-57 at 3500 and a single stock GTX I get about 8300 or so. Maybe 8500. I would need to test when I get home.

So throw on an additional 250mhz on the ram and 11,000 wouldn't seem impossible. And 512mb of ram. (Not sure if that affects the score or not).

Can't wait to see this thing.

Marcdaddy said:
Guys just talked to my buddy at TIGERDIRECT in Naperville Illinios and he saif that the XFX version is shipping on the 14th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Price is $649 and i can live with that.
WELL I officialy have a BONER!! I cant wait to grab one gonna put my GTXs up fior sale immediatly, 2 of these in SLI is the cats ass. Glad im retarded enough to buy 2 of these.

I hope that's not true as far as the pricing. I want to use eVGA's step-up program to go from my 7800GT to a 7800GTX 512MB model at these speeds, but if it comes out to be $250 more than I paid for my GT, no way will I upgrade. If it comes out at $500-550, sure, but $649 is absurd for even most enthusiasts that typically stay at the top of the curve.

GoldenTiger said:
I hope that's not true as far as the pricing. I want to use eVGA's step-up program to go from my 7800GT to a 7800GTX 512MB model at these speeds, but if it comes out to be $250 more than I paid for my GT, no way will I upgrade. If it comes out at $500-550, sure, but $649 is absurd for even most enthusiasts that typically stay at the top of the curve.

LOL, 1300$ for 2 video cards. You'd have to LIVE in online games to make it worth it. Fuck man, i could buy a fucking car for that much money...granted it'd be a shitty car and these are top of the line vid cards...but damn. lol

Marcdaddy said:

Your sig says you have already 2 7800GTXs, what do you need 2 of these new ones for?

headless said:
LOL, 1300$ for 2 video cards. You'd have to LIVE in online games to make it worth it. Fuck man, i could buy a fucking car for that much money...granted it'd be a shitty car and these are top of the line vid cards...but damn. lol

Re-read my post. Keywords being "using the step-up program" to upgrade "my 7800GT", not plural ;). However, if I did own two of the 7800GT's and had the extra cash, I sure as heck would upgrade with *MY* money if *I* wanted to :). To make something "worth it" depends on how much money said person has available to spend extra or has saved up to spend.

The Equalizer said:
Your sig says you have already 2 7800GTXs, what do you need 2 of these new ones for?

Hey, it's his money and time, if he wants to it is his perogative, not yours to question :).

A 25-30% theoretical performance increase/10-15% real world performance increase.

Should give SLi users the ability to enable 8XSAA without a horrid performance hit. The additional memory and the nice 35-38% memory bandwidth increase should come in handy for that.

In any case, my 6800 GT needs replacing, and I'll pull the trigger at $650, but not a penny more.

Dude just to have them! Faster memory, Faster core 512 megs o memory thats why, I play COD2, EQ2, BF2 and F.E.A.R. 512 megs plus the added speed is gonna benefit them for sure. I play online about 6 to 10 hours a day when im supposed to be working but luckily im the boss so no one knows where im at or what im doing lol, and these cards will benefit me 4 shizzle. Besides i always sell off my stuff its kinda like leasing a car and i keep trading up, For me it works ive always done it like that.

I agree sli these cards and you could play most game with 8xAA :D
Or HDR in 1600x1200 :D

BTF do you game at 3400Mhz cuz if you do id be curious to see ur FPS in some shooters with the eye candy turned on.

Marcdaddy said:
BTF do you game at 3400Mhz cuz if you do id be curious to see ur FPS in some shooters with the eye candy turned on.

Yes I do :D 3400 is my 24/7 overclock. Only requires 1.55v with the vapochill. I can bench up to 3550 or so.

My GTX's are stock cause one of them is a really poor overclocker. I can play pretty much any game with 4xAA SS and 8xAF. In far cry with those settings I will never go below 50fps outdoors in the worst conditions. I average in the 80's. Indoors I can hit 150-200.

I'm in NYC until thursday. If you want some specific benchmarks I'd be glad to run em.

i run mine at 4X AA and 8 or 16 X Anis most of the time too, just wondering the FPS in games like COD2 if you got it at 3400 Mhz cuz thats a wicked speed for sure. I used to own a Vapochill back when i was running a 2700XP and had too many problems with it sharing the same Power Supply, do you have 2 powersupplys or one running your setup?

I heard that nvidia wanted to release the 512mb GTX before ATI releases their x1800xt and on top of that have plenty of stock upon release so that prices can be low and people will buy the new gtx over the x1800xt. So hopefully the prices will be lower than ati's price at around 550 msrp.

Marcdaddy said:
i run mine at 4X AA and 8 or 16 X Anis most of the time too, just wondering the FPS in games like COD2 if you got it at 3400 Mhz cuz thats a wicked speed for sure. I used to own a Vapochill back when i was running a 2700XP and had too many problems with it sharing the same Power Supply, do you have 2 powersupplys or one running your setup?

Just an OCZ-520 power stream. I was kind of surprised it's up to the task. I was expecting I would need a 600+. With 2 of these though I don't think a 520 would cut it.

$649 may just be the MSRP. Which means nothing.

I wonder it there will be some sweet ass dell coupon out when this is released. I bet you could see one of these for under $550.

Isnt dell horrible on shipping out new video cards upon release, i rmember some threads from people who never even recieved there cards on a pre-buy.

I hope this doesnt bomb like the 512 6800 did. Do you guys really think that this will be THAT much better than a standard GTX? Well I guess we'll have to just wait for the reviews.

Benton The Race said:
I hope this doesnt bomb like the 512 6800 did. Do you guys really think that this will be THAT much better than a standard GTX? Well I guess we'll have to just wait for the reviews.

Worst case scenario: It'll be a difference like from X800XT to X800XT PE.
Best case scenario: It'll kick some ass :D

Well the 7800 GTXs i have from XFX are 490/1300 , The new cards are gonna be 550/1750 thats a lot faster, the 512 megs is basically for the future games as well as a few current ones like COD2, EQ2, and i think F.E.A.R. will benefit a ton.

R1ckCa1n said:
Are we sure that isn't just a Quadro?

Looks like one to me. Especially since it has a sticker with "7800 GTX". It looks exactly like a Quadro.

The 512mb may or may not have that same cooler, I just dont think this is one of them.

that explains the DFI Expert mobo... cant design for the hardcore when you cant SLI these Vid Cards with thier current boards

Time to start putting my pennies in the my upgrade piggie bank.

I shooting for maybe January, when I can make a big upgrade that will last a few revisions.

Intel 975 mobo, maybe 65nm dual core OC'd to 4Ghz + 7800GTX 512Mb Super Delux edition. :)

1c3d0g said:
rofl0an.gif

@ Peach: Indeed, Dell uses that same cooler, just like Leadtek. It's also used on the newest Quadro line (FX 4500 I believe), so yeah...that HSF is efficient, to say the least. :)
and VERY freaking quiet! seriouslyu, in an xps 600, at less than a foot away, cant hear it at all, and the fans on that thing are UBER quiet (deltas :eek: )

Sir-Fragalot said:
Now, if that really turns out to be the case, and they really are that much faster I'll upgrade again. Something tells me that it will be more like the difference between a 9800Pro and a 9800XT in reality. I think these numbers are generally being over exagerated.

Believe it, this new card is a beast..............so says my crystal ball..........32 pipes anyone? :p :eek:

Ps: Easy on the flames , just fueling the speculative fire. I know absolutely nothing about this new card

Back