Physx games, list, links, comments.

Superpc I believe you, but I have the game and the card makes no difference.
Two worlds is very light in physics, apart from open/close a door or a chest and the characters movement, there's not much to talk about.
There's not a single object you can move or break in the enviroment. I wouldn't buy this game for it's physics :)
But the game is fun and addictive and have nice graphics too.

SuperPC maybe because the devs are looking forward to a 1.4 us release instead of 1.0, time will tell, thanks for the infos by the way.

Paulo thanks for the info on magic ball 3, I intend to send an email to Ageia and the dev of that title, as far as I'm concerned 2.2 version and lower are not supported...

I'll keep you informed.

2W is a very bad game to show off physics unless they do some major improvements.

Clothing has bad bugs where your gloves go through your robe, ditto with boots, falling more than a few inches hurts you, I died walking down a rock once...

Don't get me wrong, I think the game itself is very fun and would recommend it, but for physics... :eek:

Hopefully this changes with the 1.5 patch, but who knows :)

Can someone tell me where on the internet I can buy a download version of two worlds?
Preferable places that take paypal. Thanks.

Can someone tell me where on the internet I can buy a download version of two worlds?
Preferable places that take paypal. Thanks.

Its not out in the US yet, people have been playing the beta or bought it in other countries.

Lots of new games, apps, dev and plugins, please if someone has details/link/idea. Let me know

All I could dig up is:

The technology partners are: Ageia and Creative Labs.

Publishing partners: Europe – Electronic Arts; USA – To be announced (shortly); Rest of World – to be determined.

Platforms supported: Windows XP and Vista

Release date: October 5th 2007 (Europe); to be announced (Rest of World)

Could you find some links/pics/devs/forums that would support the claim that it support hardware physx, so far all I've been able to confirm is physx libs.Maybe an email to the devs, at any rate I will add it to software section, will update as soon as someone comes with more info.

I'd like to keep the list clean of vaporware if possible, only confirmed releases :)

So, I got switchball for my kid mostly since is looks fun and there is no blood involved and I was curious about framerates with the cloth included in some levels. Running FRAPS it seems the game peaks at 30FPS and on my sig rig with everything turned up on high there is not a single dip in that. Just thought I would post some results. I like the game. Some of the puzzels that use the physics are quite challenging at times.

Thanks Kenoverby, here is what I was able to find out through your provided links.
The AGEIA Physics Hardware accelerator card can optionally be fitted and used to reduce the load on the CPU. The specific features of KRS that are enhanced by the AGEIA card are not yet known, however, it can theoretically increase frame rates, or alternatively increase eye candy such as smoke particles, or free the CPU for other tasks. The card is definitely NOT required in order to run KRS.

As soon as the sim is released we should have more details. :) very interesting sim concept anyway.

Willsonman, yes it appears fraps+physx can produce some weird results, for example when I was recording in AutoAssault I was able to get a decent 45-60 fps no matter the amount of npc or player on screen but if I was to use say a weapon that had a liquid graphic effect + a flame effect my frame could drop well below 15fps, and w/o fraps it would stay rock solid around 45-60.

I wanted to try and see if with gamecam I would get the same result, I'm just too lazy to do it.

Can someone tell me where I can download the newest 7.09. physx drivers that come with medal of honor airborne? Because when I try and instal the game it crashes, I think it might have something to do with needing the newest physx drivers.
Help!

Nevermind I figured it out. I had to uninstall my physx drivers b4 installing airborne for some reason.
Now i'm gonna try it out!

Ok This game doesn't have great physx. It looks as though they only used the card for physx bodies if that.

Superpc I believe you, but I have the game and the card makes no difference.
Two worlds is very light in physics, apart from open/close a door or a chest and the characters movement, there's not much to talk about.
There's not a single object you can move or break in the enviroment. I wouldn't buy this game for it's physics :)
But the game is fun and addictive and have nice graphics too.

well put.
For a physx game 2 worlds sucks, actually I think it just sucks alltogether. What a waste of money :(

Nevermind I figured it out. I had to uninstall my physx drivers b4 installing airborne for some reason.
Now i'm gonna try it out!

Ok This game doesn't have great physx. It looks as though they only used the card for physx bodies if that.

Yea, you have to uninstall your own physx drivers before the game will properly install, i came across that problem aswell
thing is
its exactly same version of drivers that I had on my pc that the game installs ????

go figure.

I had the problem of a device showing up in hardware list that noted "Uknown PCI" and I could not update drivers or anyting to get reed of it. I ended up reinstalling the operating system. Everything worked just fine. I installed the drivers in order of importants, "Motherboard, Video, Physx, Fatal1ty sound card". I have read that people usualy RMA there Asus Physx P1 Card. So hope you guys don't do that! hehe.
Im now waiting for crazy machines 2 and rail simulator. Hope to be buying Monster Madness soon too. Catch you guys later.

Does anyone have the Asus P1 package and notive that in the bios screen if there is a listed item as "Uknown PCI"? Let me know if that is normal please... My previouse post was the issue of windows showing a unknown PCI but now the bios? I have ran my card for 3 days now and things are fine. I even use RealityMark physx test too.

Does anyone have the Asus P1 package and notive that in the bios screen if there is a listed item as "Uknown PCI"? Let me know if that is normal please...
It's normal) i have such thing too)

Having a physx card make the game give a general protection fault when entering varsity level. Disabling it fixes the problem. Let's wait for a patch.

hey Ive seen screenshots for a game called nuclear ball. Does any1 know if it has physx support??

And i am running moh airbourne at 60-80 fps But I don't see much physx effects. I think they only used physx for body movements??

hey Ive seen screenshots for a game called nuclear ball. Does any1 know if it has physx support??

And i am running moh airbourne at 60-80 fps But I don't see much physx effects. I think they only used physx for body movements??

Have you reached the varsity level yet?

The UT# demo is out now. I think it looks great but for a physx game I am not impressed.
Does timeshift use physx?
If not then wow! It has awesome physx (much better than ut3 and runs at a high fps!

The UT# demo is out now. I think it looks great but for a physx game I am not impressed.
Does timeshift use physx?
If not then wow! It has awesome physx (much better than ut3 and runs at a high fps!

Did you enable the hardware physics in the video options.

does shadow grounds have hardware support?
Also does any1 know if blacksite area 51 has physx?

More titles, pc and consoles.
Also added game developement tool that support OSX and Physx SDK.

Back