Physx games, list, links, comments.

Added Magic Ball 3, thanks to SuperPC.

Gothic 3 run in software mode only atm.

As for Alpha Prime chances they add HW support is very slim because they use the mequon engine in their final product, yes they had a tech demo based on novodex aka PhysX, but even if Ageia acquired Mequon the team decided to revert back to the original engine in order to release their product within the planned time frame.

At this point it would be non-sense for them to release a wrapper on top of mequon.

I think auto assault has the best physx in any physx game so far ( far better than CFR)

Has any1 tried the advanced warfighter 2 demo? I don't know if it's just cause its a demo version but. The 1st advanced warfighter has WAY better physx effects. Don't you guys think?

GRAW2 demo and multiplayer are nowhere near the physx in the single player side. Videos out there that show this.

Yea but graw 1 looks sick on multi.
Graw 2 looks like a drastic step down to me.
But it is a demo not a finished product.
I also think cellfactor allthough its just 1 level is more impressive than revolution.
Much more stuff to blow up and more debri.
Here are some cf shots! Ageia Physx is So AWESOME!!

Superb picutres guys, keep up digging around the web for new titles :)

I added some new links to the list.

Loki is out, could someone find a dev diary or link info about whether or not this game support physx hardware?

loki is for sale in usa? full version?
I think it has hw support cause the demo I downloaded had a physx installer with it.
So its officially released in usa???

Two worlds Looks Really Awesome! It's coming out soon!
BTW your link next to two worlds leeds to roboblitz's website.

I'll try and find where I got the loki demo.
Do you guys know they are cancelling Auto assault at the end of september!
Please contact ncsoft and net devil and try and get them to at least make it an offline single player game for us to play.
PLEASE!
Or maybe try and contact ageia and see if they will purchase auto assault!

Any1 who wants to save auto assault go to www.biomek.org and sign their petition.
I don't know how much good it will do but its better than nothing.

BTW I found the loki demo on filefront its the french version though.

[RCKY] Thor;1031219786 said:
GRAW2 demo and multiplayer are nowhere near the physx in the single player side. Videos out there that show this.

I just saw the video you are right it looks awesome!

crysis is completely different than ageia, there doing stuff in software, which is the way to go imo

crysis is completely different than ageia, there doing stuff in software, which is the way to go imo
Ageia does stuff in software as well as hardware. Try reading up on your topic before you comment on it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.- Abraham Lincoln

You said it. He's just to cheap to get a physx card so he hates it.
But who cares it's his loss. Boy is he missing out.
Here are some more pics . Awesome Physx powered game Infernal!!!

Holy Cow thats a LOT of new links! I gotta check em out.
I must say this is the coolest forum post I have ever come across! Keep em coming!

Is that game paragraph 78 out?
Is it a free download? If so where do you download it from? I can't find it? Thanks.

once the refresh of the physx card using pci-e comes out, i might take a look, as long as its around what the pci version is, but as of now theres still no games that look good enough to make me want to buy it.

Please don't turn this forum into one big argument as to why you don't want physx.
Its near impossible to have a thread about physx with out people jumping in and saying how its not a good product or its not for them.
This thread is doing just fine without theese kinds of comments.

Please don't turn this forum into one big argument as to why you don't want physx.
Its near impossible to have a thread about physx with out people jumping in and saying how its not a good product or its not for them.
This thread is doing just fine without theese kinds of comments.

QFT

but if crysis can do physics stuff without this card, aint that better than using a physics add on card?why cant gfx card have built in physics stuff on it?

but if crysis can do physics stuff without this card, aint that better than using a physics add on card?why cant gfx card have built in physics stuff on it?
Because PPUs haven't proven themselves yet. If the cards aren't selling on their own, strapping them to $500 video cards is flushing money down the toilet.

Sound and video hardware is integrated into other components because it's a foregone conclusion that anyone buying a computer will need it anyway. Until PPUs are in the same position, it's not going to happen.

And yes, Crysis can do "physics stuff" without a PPU, and so can a thousand other games. Just like a CPU can render graphics without any dedicated graphics hardware. The point is that dedicated hardware can do it better. Anyway, there's a Crysis tech demo in which the physics brings the game down to 5fps, which as far as I'm concerned destroys any argument relying on Crysis to show that a CPU is all you need.

Watching some of the latest Crysis vids, step back from the wow factor and really watch some of the big physics events, like the tank hitting the hut. Boards flay randomly in all directions and almost look like they spawn from the original planks instead of actually being pieces. Looks to me like they are heavily optimizing their larger effect.

[RCKY] Thor;1031250103 said:
Watching some of the latest Crysis vids, step back from the wow factor and really watch some of the big physics events, like the tank hitting the hut. Boards flay randomly in all directions and almost look like they spawn from the original planks instead of actually being pieces. Looks to me like they are heavily optimizing their larger effect.
Buildings falling down like a deck of cards, trees that perform mesh breaking on its most simplistic part and generate falling leaves instead of cutting them, vehicle models being swapped with damaged versions just as the explosion occurs. I'm also guessing the plant life uses a lod system similar to the cloth in Cellfactor, after a certain distance it can no longer be interacted with.

Crysis is graphically a very impressive game; it is just it uses all of the old tricks for optimal physics performance. But it is difficult to say that without some Crysis fans taking offense.

well why cant gfx cards have physics stuff in them?

The same reason sound cards are sold seperatly.
It's a different item.
That would be like saying why don't gpu cards have, ageia physx,x-fi sound,4gb system memory,cd/dvd drive and um everything else a PC gaming enthusiest would want.
Different people want to put different things into their pcs.
Thats part of what makes pc gaming so much better than console gaming !

I'm not sure but it looks like the game Gish (available on steam) Might have physx support.
Can any1 confirm this?

OK nevermind I just talked to a developer of the game and they said "Nope" It doesn't use physx.
I wasnt sure because they said it has dynamic physics on steam and thats usually what they say for physx powered games.
False alarm. :)

OK I just downloaded and installed LOKI I am going to go try it now, but I am a little worried because games with physx support allways have a physx driver to be installed at the end of installing the game, and loki didn't have that.

Ok does any1 know what the deal is with Loki? I just bought and installed the english version and it does not appear to have ageia physx support to me!
Are they supposed to add it in a patch or something?!

Ok for any1 who is wondering. It's official.
Although the Loki demo had physx support the Full version DOES NOT have physx support.

But I am Really getting into this game! It is so cool even w/ out physx. It's so fun to play the 4 different classes.
If this game had physx support,and a free roaming camera, It would just be the perfect pc rpg game.
:(

Hi, I would like to mention that two worlds, magic ball 3 and roboblitz don't support the ppu.
Monster madness mentions physx on config file but I didn't notice any difference.
You could add to the game list the game Crazy Machines II, an incredible machine clone but in 3d.
Projectoffset is anounced to support the ppu, but the game is in early stage development, but show great potencial.

Thanks for the heads up Paulo, indeed Roboblitz doesn't support HW yet.
http://www.roboblitz.com/HTML_SITE/support/support.shtml

Will corrrect in game list.

As for Magic Ball 3 it was mentionned in the developper diary that HW support was there.If you could find a link providing the info about lack of support I'd be more than pleased to correct the list once again :)

As for "Two Worlds", here some of dev comments on the subject of HW support in this game.I truncated the posts, like I said on the webpage if you have more infos about this game, I don't own it and not planning about asking the devs myself, if someone does let us know.

Why install Ageia drivers?
-"...becouse ageia physX drivers aren't only drivers for hardware... installation package contain also whole physics system: rigid body sim, soft body sim, character controllers, cloths, etc...

TW uses now character controllers, cloths, ragdolls..."

Is this why NPC behave strangely when they die?
-"...npc's aren't using physics now.. they are only collide with our hero.. all behaviors are done via scripts/code implementations without any physics calculations.."

Is there an advantage running this game with the card?
-"...currently you will see difference only with full cloths simulations and more than one ragdoll at the same time..."

I specifically registered here because i couldn't find any info on this game about using the Ageia physx card... I have specific ties to Ageia but could not reach anyone that would know how or what type of physx were implemented in this game. so i figured id register to ask. this game does certainly use the card because it states the physx card is in use when the game is running ....so my questions is what effects are the ppu handling...
-"Word is from patch 1.4 and up the ragdoll count will be higher if you have a card.Devs said users would be able to verify this via console."

Added Crazy Machine 2, thanks to Paolo, although I prefer to add only released titles, someone was kind enough to send me an unfinished version, and yes it is worth mentionning :)

I have magic ball 3, and the reason I state that is hasn't hw support is because of the physx libraries within the game, they use 2.2x and hw only became available on 2.3x.
Regarding Two worlds, I also have the game, and the card makes no difference, perhaps 1.4 will change that.

Hi, I would like to mention that two worlds, magic ball 3 and roboblitz don't support the ppu.
Monster madness mentions physx on config file but I didn't notice any difference.
You could add to the game list the game Crazy Machines II, an incredible machine clone but in 3d.
Projectoffset is anounced to support the ppu, but the game is in early stage development, but show great potencial.

Two worlds DOES use hardware Physx. I talked directly to a developer and he confirmed it.
Two worlds is not out yet in the usa but when it comes out. It will have Physx Support.
Unless they were lying to me.
But from the new videos Ive seen it looks to have physx.

The us version of two worlds isnt out yet (to my knowledge)
But if someone knows where I can buy whatever version is out via download version please post the link.
Thanks!

Back