PG32UQX vs Top 2023 Displays (Subjective Review)

Question for you: If you turn on HDR and set the backlight to level 3, what pattern is the dimming around the cursor on something middle-grey like the display control panel in Windows? Just wondering how it compares to mine, which is older, but not an original one.
It's almost like a white "+" symbol. Doesn't seem as bad as earlier versions.

I've had the chance to try literally every modern mini led display side by side at my friends place. The PG32UQX is not dimming tiny highlights to sub 700nits like a lot of these mini led monitors, its roughly in the 1000nits range where you will still see bloom but its not the 1600nits white hot bloom that leaks into the surrounding area and is a total eyesore like when the monitor launched. Its a perfect compromise, suppress the most noticeable bloom but let the panel reach its full 1600nits at 10% and above. The type of FALD you like that every recent mini led monitor implements where small highlights drop to OLED level of brightness is not at all what I prefer.

Also the Innocn is the only FALD monitor I've used that blooms in high APL because the local dimming is so inaccurate, slow and generally bad. I could literally see zones turn on and off in day time Forza Horizen which is a remarkable feat by Innocn.

The subpar performance of the InnoCN wasn't my point lol. I'm saying that dimmer highlights in the 1% window without blooming is the more desirable setting vs letting the FALD pump out the full 1600 nits and create a bloomfest which is what it looks like you stated you preferred earlier by saying bloom is bloom and you'd rather take the boosted impact. But now when it comes to the PG32UQX would you rather take 1000 nit highlights with no bloom or 1600 nits with a ton of bloom? Between the old 1600 nits bloomfest of the old PG32UQX and the sub 700 nits of the chinese mini LEDs yeah I would take the sub 700 nits all day. But between a 1600 nits bloomfest old Asus, sub 700 nits chinese mini LED, and well controlled 1000 nits of the new Asus of course I would take the new PG32UQX.

Last edited:
It's almost like a white "+" symbol. Doesn't seem as bad as earlier versions.
So same deal here, like you said, white +. In my case brighter in the middle, dimmer on the edges. It's one of the few cases where I really notice the FALD (solid middle grey) hence the curiosity. In game I find it hard to notice, and even when I do notice it, it is pretty sedate and I have to be looking.

Reactions: Vega
like this
Back