PF Prophet Banned

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
This guy has been banned for starting malicious and damaging rumors pertaining to defective batches of 8800 GT with a specific company. This was an outright lie..

Posting rumors is one thing, but posting lies about one company and then directing folks to another will get you banned here. Take this for what it is worth. We work hand in hand will all these video card companies and they are literally a phone call away, and yes, I do call them to verify things I read here. If you are lying, you are going to get banned.

"Kyle, making the [H]ardForum safe since the inception of the internet." :cool:

I hope you gave his IP address to that certain company so they have the chance to use the words libel and court in the same letter.

OMG did you guys know about the new 10800XXX that explodes after you play an hour of Crysis........from what I've hear terrorists planted a ton of these into the new batches and your chance of getting one is like 7 out of 10, OMG OMG OMG!!! :rolleyes:

Hell, yeah, Kyle you rock!!!

Whoever believed Prophet should've gotten a kick in the nutts, you just don't believe whatever you read without proof!

Malicious, fake rumors about people and/or companies don't belong anywhere. His ban was 100% needed.

FWIW, even my HR-03 cooled GTX felt like it was going to explode after running Crysis. I've never played a game that heated up the room like that. :D

Also, this Fry's purchased BFG 8800GT's doing just fine. Although it is lonely for another. ;)

these forums are full of rumors and no one is getting banned for it, i don't see why make an exception for some company,
unless you are a kissass trying to suck up for some goodies and special treatment..., that would make sense

these forums are full of rumors and no one is getting banned for it, i don't see why make an exception for some company,
unless you are a kissass trying to suck up for some goodies and special treatment..., that would make sense

These weren't just rumors, they were outright fake propaganda intended solely to panic people and harm a company's sales. It was not speculation about a new product, or a rumor about some new widget.

thanks for that Kyle. I will feel more confident picking up a BFG 8800GT in BestBuy! :cool:

These weren't just rumors, they were outright fake propaganda intended solely to panic people and harm a company's sales. It was not speculation about a new product, or a rumor about some new widget.

well then, i'd like to know what he said and what the official response was,

and not only that he's banned because he's a liar, we all know how honest the corporations are...

Was he the guy that was making threads saying that XFX issued a warning not to buy their own cards?

Yeah, that had a lot of validity to it.

and not only that he's banned because he's a liar, we all know how honest the corporations are...

Well he (prophet) said in short that the company's CS told him that "all their current 8800GT's were flawed and don't buy them until they sort it out". That kind of rumor is designed to HURT sales. That is straight up libel. You will never see nVidia or ATI doing that kind of "rumor" because they know it will land them in court with a heavy settlement. If you are even remotely defending what PF Prophet did....you have serious issues.

It was blatant libel. If BFg can show a significant drop in sales in the short period of time that the thread was alive. The op of the offending thread will be in court in a loosing battle

PS: Way to step up Kyle

I read that post and even if it had the least bit of truth to it(WHICH IT DOESNT), if a batch is bad that means nothing... it could be a batch of 100 cards that were manufactured poorly. I tried to reply to that thread saying that but it got deleted right as i tried to reply saying that its just a hiccup and should not be taken as a major issue. Nonetheless posting things like that is not good and Kyle did a good job of stopping the rumor before it spread. Hopefully that is nothing behind it at all. I seriously dont think that anyone at that company would have even said that to begin with, i wouldnt have. It sure did seem like a malicious act .:(

I just checked your user notes and found six instances in the last year where we have had to intervene or disipline you for your posts. You like to troll a lot is what it comes down to. You are permabanend. We are tired of your shit.

I wonder if the "prophet" saw the ban coming. :D

I had to read the thread from the yahoo cache. I can't believe how many people can believe a semi-literate moron like that who presented zero proof. :rolleyes: He even pretty much admits he goes trolling other boards in that post ("his friend," yeah right).

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

I say you guys meet somewhere and fight...and then post it on youtube

why is that priceless? its just Kyle letting of steam and banning someone so they cant even reply. I can understand Kyle tearing into PF Prophet for being a liar but now hes just showing off.

Don't test Kyle like that. Kyle, ban this guy please

And this is why I visit [H] all day. Best forums, ever. And no, this is not sarcasm.

Kyle, ban toyota582, he's part of the prophet & bobrownik gang, but i do tend to like the car manufactuerer toyota. He can stay :D:D

I'm kidding by the way

why is that priceless? its just Kyle letting of steam and banning someone so they cant even reply. I can understand Kyle tearing into PF Prophet for being a liar but now hes just showing off.

Yes, I inflate my ego by banning jackasses from our forums. Honestly, that shit got tiresome about 5 years ago. It is just work now. Still I have not patience for drivel-shit-mouthed idiots yapping about me being a kissass when I am taking my time to make sure my readers are not being fed a line of bunk.

And it is priceless because it was free. Had I charged a dollar, then it would have not been priceless. See how that works. ;) :cool:

Kyle, ban toyota582, he's part of the prophet & bobrownik gang, but i do tend to like the car manufactuerer toyota. He can stay :D:D
Im definitely not with those guys but I think the focus should stay on topic instead of everybody getting a boner over Kyle banning people. PF Prophet is gone for lying and thats all that really matters. :cool:

Im definitely not with those guys but I think the focus should stay on topic instead of everybody getting a boner over Kyle banning people. PF Prophet is gone for lying and thats all that really matters. :cool:

Hmmm....changed his tone REAL quick

I get ya bro, but the deal is, we're shouting wootage over banning prophet for his blatant lie, now that other guy, well kyle just explained it, he was a troll, kind of got what he deserved, either way, the chief here is kyle and honestly, i've never been to a forum that takes care of shit the way this forum does. I click the banners, I click the advertisements, hell it's the least I can do!

And thus the Ban[H]ammer sought action and was rewarded with the blood of vanquished trolls and liars....and all was well.

~FIN~

:D

I leave for ONE day, and look what happens :eek:

I didn't even get to read his posts... And google doesn't even have it backed up... Sigh.

Hmmm...I think if PF Profit would have just stated the facts and left it at that, it would not have come to be a lynching. But in the the offending thread it was almost like he (PF Profit) was trying to push hear-say as fact. I think he should have told his story and left it at that.

Really when you think about it, ~175 consumers calling about BSODs on a new card, is not a whole lot considering the amount of BFG 8800GTs sold, in the US alone. So even if it were true, it's like PF was just playing "chicken little" because he got 2 (maybe) defective cards.

LOL whatever, inter-tainment at ti's best.

EDIT: Whoops I meant PF Prophet, an honest mistake....LOL

Back