Performance-PCs Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levell0rd

What is your opinion on the Lian-Li cases....in my thread someone was saying that the v-series cases are not very good and prefered the PC-65 and PC-82 over them. Which Lian-Li cases are your favorites and easiest/best to mod with?

Thanks!

alkoholik said:
Levell0rd

What is your opinion on the Lian-Li cases....in my thread someone was saying that the v-series cases are not very good and prefered the PC-65 and PC-82 over them. Which Lian-Li cases are your favorites and easiest/best to mod with?

Thanks!

it's hard for someone to answer your question without specific mod you want, choose your case has the feature you want and the look you like. You buy it for yourself not for someone else so you're the one looking at the case all the time, make sure you like it

Hard911 said:
it's hard for someone to answer your question without specific mod you want, choose your case has the feature you want and the look you like. You buy it for yourself not for someone else so you're the one looking at the case all the time, make sure you like it

well this was posted in my other thread

sniperchicken said:
I'm going to have to chime in here. I love Lian Li cases, but the PC-Vxxxx series are, a let-down from what I was expecting. I had 2 earlier models, a PC-65 and a PC-82 (it was a CompUSA special, just has a different front panel) which I absolutely fell in love with. The hard drive cages, removable front panel, removable motherboard tray, the power supply faceplate, all genius design, in my opinion.

I also own a PC-V1200, which I bought specifically for water cooling. It does that just fine, but it was just a let-down in workmanship and quality, compared to the other two cases I had worked with. The side panels felt flimsy, the side panel locking mechanism was a great idea in theory, but the execution was not as effective, it left something to be desired. That and the removable front panel was nowhere to be found. All in all, it was a bit noisy, and a bit more difficult to work with than I had hoped.

Just ordered a PC-60B Plus 2.

I just wanted to get his or anyone else's feelings about the case. Did anyone feel the same way, etc. I'm not really installing a lot of components into the case so IMO the v1000 would be nice and roomy with sufficient cooling....but on the other hand I really like the removeable MB tray which the v1000 doesnt have.....but I don't like the style of the PC-65 since it just looks like an ordinary case.....

alot of people have and love the vseries cases .. some like the old classic lian li cases .. ive have owned like 10-12 lian li cases over the years .. and i like them all .. the v series is just a really nice case to me and im sure many others .. some people dont like them and like the old school look of the pc60/65 series .. its whats YOU like and no one else .. its gonna be ur computer case .. no one elses .. look thru the lian li gallery here .. every LL case u can think of is pretty much posted

jetjaguar said:
alot of people have and love the vseries cases .. some like the old classic lian li cases .. ive have owned like 10-12 lian li cases over the years .. and i like them all .. the v series is just a really nice case to me and im sure many others .. some people dont like them and like the old school look of the pc60/65 series .. its whats YOU like and no one else .. its gonna be ur computer case .. no one elses .. look thru the lian li gallery here .. every LL case u can think of is pretty much posted

yes, i know its what I like....thats not the point I was getting at. I wanted to know if everyone felt the same way about the construction and quality of the case. Personally I think the v1000 is teh sh1t in terms of looks but if its a piece of junk build-wise then I'd rather go with something else....thats all I was trying to say.

V-Series are better quality built than previous model, it uses 2mm thick aluminum on all V-Series cases, you can order V1100 Silence Case which thin foam applied around the case to dampen the noise, is it important to have removable mobo tray? it's nice to have but not that important, as far as wire management goes V-Series are better hidden cables with slight mod

Hard911 said:
V-Series are better quality built than previous model, it uses 2mm thick aluminum on all V-Series cases, you can order V1100 Silence Case which thin foam applied around the case to dampen the noise, is it important to have removable mobo tray? it's nice to have but not that important, as far as wire management goes V-Series are better hidden cables with slight mod

the big reason I wanted to go with the v1000b is that it was a pretty big case and looked pretty easy to hide the wires as you had mentioned. after that I wanted to go with something on the silent side so I was going to go with a ninja or something along those lines for the CPU....but from what I am reading they are a bitch to install so thats why I had wanted a removable tray....but its not really a big deal. id also like to have a window which is the main reason I picked the 1000 over the 1100 and the fact that I dont want to have to open a door to get to the cd/dvd drives.

thanks again for ur feedback!

Okay, I guess I can lay all this crap to bed... Being that the V-series cases use such solid thick aluminum, "flimsy" is the last word I would use to describe the V-series. Especially when comparing it in the next breath with a PC-60. The V series has rails that run the extent of all four sides, whereas the 60 merely has folded edges. The V-series is still more than twice as thick of material then the 60. Also, the 1000 may seem louder becuase it's completely meshed. There is nothing to mask the noise. The 1100 should be a good choice then. However, I've pushed these probably a hundred times by now, for the price of a 1000 and the space of a 2000 with even more versatility, go G70. I'll be buying another one for my wife soon. You just can't beat it.

And as far as the Removable tray, if you do things right, you're going to take it out how many times? Once...

If you need anything else, I'll be in my trailer. I'm done here.

hey level thanks for the reply that was exactly the response I was looking for. I think I'll stick with my decision on the v1000b....the full tower (G70) is a little too big for my needs. Thanks again!

Levell0rd said:
Okay, I guess I can lay all this crap to bed... Being that the V-series cases use such solid thick aluminum, "flimsy" is the last word I would use to describe the V-series. Especially when comparing it in the next breath with a PC-60. The V series has rails that run the extent of all four sides, whereas the 60 merely has folded edges. The V-series is still more than twice as thick of material then the 60. Also, the 1000 may seem louder becuase it's completely meshed. There is nothing to mask the noise. The 1100 should be a good choice then. However, I've pushed these probably a hundred times by now, for the price of a 1000 and the space of a 2000 with even more versatility, go G70. I'll be buying another one for my wife soon. You just can't beat it.

And as far as the Removable tray, if you do things right, you're going to take it out how many times? Once...

If you need anything else, I'll be in my trailer. I'm done here.

Lian Li G-70 is one of the best but I like Lian Li PC-S80B more, it will be my next case for total silence watercooling on that PC-S80B

The S-80 isn't a bad case. What I can't get over on that case, just like the 201's is how heavy that stupid thing is. It feels like nearly two G70's. Definately not a case you are going to want to move ANYWHERE once you have your hardware in it. Those things are beasts. Feels alot like a P180 or a Stacker 830. Just very heavy.

And I only push the G70 over the V1000 because it is SOOO much more case, for cheaper.

Levell0rd said:
The S-80 isn't a bad case. What I can't get over on that case, just like the 201's is how heavy that stupid thing is. It feels like nearly two G70's. Definately not a case you are going to want to move ANYWHERE once you have your hardware in it. Those things are beasts. Feels alot like a P180 or a Stacker 830. Just very heavy.

And I only push the G70 over the V1000 because it is SOOO much more case, for cheaper.

you're right about the weight on those cases because of 2mm thick aluminum instead thin aluminum used on G70, I don't plan to move around or even lift up and down the table just like my v2100B, it's so freaking heavy and only my PSU weight about 12lbs already and imagine 2 radiators with all the watercooling in my case, I don't need to go to the gym :) PC-S80B is a keeper and very silence case for aircooling or watercooling especially with those nice features on that case such as heatsink for HDDs, dual 120mm intake fans, double side panel, big shroud for PSU and exhaust fan to lower the noise! you can't have window on this case otherwise you have to sacrifice double side panel

Correct. We could do a window for it, but it would sacrifice the silence characteristics of the case. Nice looking case.

Hard911 said:
you're right about the weight on those cases because of 2mm thick aluminum instead thin aluminum used on G70, I don't plan to move around or even lift up and down the table just like my v2100B, it's so freaking heavy and only my PSU weight about 12lbs already and imagine 2 radiators with all the watercooling in my case, I don't need to go to the gym :) PC-S80B is a keeper and very silence case for aircooling or watercooling especially with those nice features on that case such as heatsink for HDDs, dual 120mm intake fans, double side panel, big shroud for PSU and exhaust fan to lower the noise! you can't have window on this case otherwise you have to sacrifice double side panel

Sorry about being stagnant for the last few days. Had alot of mundane stuff to do, nothing note-worthy here. Hopefully I'll have something for you all by the end of the week.

I did an S80 today. I've never had a chance to take one out and look like it. First thoughts....

1. What the hell is in his thing, rocks?
2. (After taking the side panels off) What the hell? This thing looks like Fort Knox.
3. I thought this thing was a full tower??
4. (After doing all mods) How am I supposed to get this back in the box??

Top 120mm blowhole, handles, and casters. So I made it taller in both directions. Always difficult to make it fit after that.

Hard911 said:

with all of your experiance with lian li, how does teh V1200B compare to teh V1100?

i love the layour of these, and love the looks of both, and i was just wondering which one is better on the Db lvl, i would guess the V1100 but i am not for shure.

Levell0rd said:
I did an S80 today. I've never had a chance to take one out and look like it. First thoughts....

1. What the hell is in his thing, rocks?
2. (After taking the side panels off) What the hell? This thing looks like Fort Knox.
3. I thought this thing was a full tower??
4. (After doing all mods) How am I supposed to get this back in the box??

Top 120mm blowhole, handles, and casters. So I made it taller in both directions. Always difficult to make it fit after that.

Lian Li PC-S80 has the size of full-tower but space of mid-tower, complaining about Fort Knox (reason why this is called Classic Silence) If I were modding this case, triple radiator on the top and defintely Bulleye Res. either mounted on top or bay mount. This case is not for Lan Party that you need to move around, like you said Fort Knox needs to stay in one place

Granthos said:
with all of your experiance with lian li, how does teh V1200B compare to teh V1100?

i love the layour of these, and love the looks of both, and i was just wondering which one is better on the Db lvl, i would guess the V1100 but i am not for shure.

V1200 and V1100 has different dimension, V1100 has the same dimension of V1000 but with the door (different style) and V1200 is longer to fit those with longer power supply like OCZ PowerStream

Correct. A 1000 has rounded corners and a mesh front. A 1100 is the same size, but a silent version. Squared corners on the case (and window :D ) and including a door. The 1100 has sound dampening material inside the case. I did like 6 V1100s for Maingear.com for their new F131 cases. They reported good temps with the side intake.

Anyway, back to the topic.... The V1200 is nearly identical to a V1000 expect for the fact that it is deeper. Like Hard said, it allows for a longer PSU. Everything else is the same: (height, HDD racks, MB specs...) Just longer. Hope this helps.

Hard911 said:
V1200 and V1100 has different dimension, V1100 has the same dimension of V1000 but with the door (different style) and V1200 is longer to fit those with longer power supply like OCZ PowerStream

well ok, thanks for the help, i like the looks of both of these, and it looks like i can get the V1200 for 200$ on your site, but the V1100 is 230$, is it worth the extra 30 $?, also i am getting this do you think i to would fit in the V1100 good?, or would the V1200 be better

Granthos said:
well ok, thanks for the help, i like the looks of both of these, and it looks like i can get the V1200 for 200$ on your site, but the V1100 is 230$, is it worth the extra 30 $?, also i am getting this do you think i to would fit in the V1100 good?, or would the V1200 be better

that PSU is a normal size so you shouldn't have any space problem with V1100 or V1000, is it worth for extra $30 to get V1100? depends on what you want to do, V1100 is a silent case with thin neoprene foam applied around the case where V1200 is better in term of cooling and deeper in size, if you want something with door and silent then $30 more is worth it cuz people spending few hundred just to get silence (assume watercooling)

sounds like a plan, i like the design of both of these cases, and since i do not need teh extra room, and will not be water cooling for awhile i should be fine,

now the question is can i still hide the wires just as good, i am going to try and hide everywire so you can see them.

same design only not as deep, so wont it be easier to hide them?

Granthos said:
sounds like a plan, i like the design of both of these cases, and since i do not need teh extra room, and will not be water cooling for awhile i should be fine,

now the question is can i still hide the wires just as good, i am going to try and hide everywire so you can see them.

same design only not as deep, so wont it be easier to hide them?

This is my V2100B, so it should be pretty much the same way of hiding it

ZippyV.jpg

ZippyV2.jpg

i was thinking about trying to hide the wires like this guy
image.php

i don thitnk it would be that hard, i could even just order it from there so it would be easier, but i wouldnt get thte window, i want the sound dampaning

Granthos said:
i was thinking about trying to hide the wires like this guy
image.php

i want the sound dampaning

things you will need:
planning
patience
confidence
skill
measuring tape
the proper tools
optimism

i guess i would, but i do not think that i would need to much if i had P-PCs do it for me ;), i have no dremal atm, and i think they woudl do a good job on it.

i will pm Levell0rd by the end of the say with details.

Granthos said:
i guess i would, but i do not think that i would need to much if i had P-PCs do it for me ;), i have no dremal atm, and i think they woudl do a good job on it.

i will pm Levell0rd by the end of the say with details.

I am actually getting P-Pcs to do the exact thing for me with my v1000b plusII. ive been talking with level on here and with someone at P-Pcs and we got the terms all worked out for pricing. Once its all done I'll post the pictures here so if you want to wait a little before you order it.....you can see how it came out.

Don't go divulging any of my trade secrets Alko...
:rolleyes:
j/k

I told a co-worker just yesterday about that. You want that done to a V1000 and someone else wanted the same thing done to a V1100. Just kinda funny.

Bring 'em. I'm ready!!

Levell0rd said:
Don't go divulging any of my trade secrets Alko...
:rolleyes:
j/k

I told a co-worker just yesterday about that. You want that done to a V1000 and someone else wanted the same thing done to a V1100. Just kinda funny.

Bring 'em. I'm ready!!

haha....well, i just placed my order. i am looking forward to your work. if you could post some pics of the work in progress that would be really cool. also, if you have any questions please either post em here or send me a PM....thanks again!!

Will do. I have two TJ07 cases with windows to do, then a V2000 with a window and a couple other things. Hopefully tomorrow my surprise will be here and I can get the dual rad 2100 out. So I would expect to start work on your case tomorrow. I'll do what I can to take pictures along the way with your case. Thanks again!

alkoholik said:
haha....well, i just placed my order. i am looking forward to your work. if you could post some pics of the work in progress that would be really cool. also, if you have any questions please either post em here or send me a PM....thanks again!!

Ar you guys open on sunday? I wanna stop by and pickup a microfly on my way back to Orlando from FTL...

Fortunately not. I need time to rest! lol

Dillusion said:
Ar you guys open on sunday? I wanna stop by and pickup a microfly on my way back to Orlando from FTL...

Just did. Going to take a picture of the case after being sleeved and with the window. Then I'll start cutting on it.

alkoholik said:
Hey Levell0rd.....you start working on my case yet? :p

Levell0rd said:
Just did. Going to take a picture of the case after being sleeved and with the window. Then I'll start cutting on it.

sounds cool man i cant wait as well :D, i want to see what mine can look like ;)

Whenever I need a new sweet case, I definately will look into Performance-PCs, the quality looks really nice. BTW, I really like your case Hard911, big freaking cases FTW.

All done. I have to put the rest of the case back together, but it should ship today. I took some pictures along the way, hopefully all the ones you wanted. Anyway, I would expect it to leave today so you should get it sometime next week. Let me know when you get it, as I'm sure you will.

Levell0rd said:
All done. I have to put the rest of the case back together, but it should ship today. I took some pictures along the way, hopefully all the ones you wanted. Anyway, I would expect it to leave today so you should get it sometime next week. Let me know when you get it, as I'm sure you will.

awesome! cant wait to see the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back