Perfect Dark

twonunpackmule

[H]ard|Gawd
A remake? Or new adventure? Kinda tired of remakes. Would be nice to see them port the Rare Collection to PC.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
What year did the original come out?
2000 the only thing I remember is the red hair character.

pendragon1

Fully [H]
What year did the original come out?
2000 the only thing I remember is the red hair character.
2000, then a remake in 2010 on xbox, now this. which kinda seems like a sequel. theres a line about "if she found what shes been looking for"

Ripskin

2[H]4U
Perfect dark was literally Goldeneye only better.
I agree game play, functionality, weaponry and technically but overall Goldeneye's story was more fun :) Makes me want to pull out my N64 and play them both again. Loved using the Laptop gun as a turret against AI in the other play modes lol.

Reactions: w35t
like this

harmattan

Supreme [H]ardness
There was also a sequel on Xbox 360, as a launch title.
It was actually pretty good. I got it launch day with 5 other games and it was this one and Condemned I ended up playing most. I think it got overshadowed by COD2 and Quake 4 as "that other shooter". It was stupid and light-hearted, and the mechanics were quirky, but I enjoyed it.

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
It wasn't Goldeneye because Goldeneye is a James Bond Game. Perfect Dark literally isn't a James Bond ip.
It started as a James Bond game, and when rare lost the license the pivoted the design to a near-future spy game.

Mechanically, it's Goldeneye only better in every way.

Armenius

Fully [H]
They'll manage to fuck it.up.
I want to believe, considering The Initiative is made up of all kinds of people with strong credentials across the industry. In this day and age, though, it is better to set your expectations low so as to experience indifference instead of disappointment when you see the final product. Such is the overall state of the gaming industry at present.

Andrew_Carr

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to believe, considering The Initiative is made up of all kinds of people with strong credentials across the industry. In this day and age, though, it is better to set your expectations low so as to experience indifference instead of disappointment when you see the final product. Such is the overall state of the gaming industry at present.
I hear there's good stuff coming out of eastern Europe lately. Some small dev has been making RPGs that are getting better and better. They're supposed to be coming out with a new future oriented RPG shooter that looks amazing too!