Pennsylvania's Voting Machines Are Running Windows XP

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
In today’s “[Noteworthy business/establishment] is still using Windows XP” story, the Keystone State’s voting machines are still running the classic OS. Cybersecurity researchers would have you believe that there’s a real issue here because these systems—which provide no real way of auditing votes—haven’t been patched for years.

…most Pennsylvania counties use particularly high-risk electronic voting machines that leave behind zero paper trails, which could be useful to audit the integrity of votes cast. In addition, many of these machines — called “direct-recording electronic” machines — are running on severely outdated operating systems like Windows XP, which has not been patched by Microsoft since 2014, Carbon Black said in its report. In general, these complex machines are a headache compared to so-called fixed-function devices that perform just one task and are thus harder to hack.

I hope they are not on the public network.

Nothing wrong with running an older, no longer patched OS, as long as it is not exposed to the internet in any way, shape or form (no, firewalling it off or using VLAN's is not enough, it needs to have no physical connection to any system or network that is connected to the external internet)

I hope they are not on the public network.

Nothing wrong with running an older, no longer patched OS, as long as it is not exposed to the internet in any way, shape or form (no, firewalling it off or using VLAN's is not enough, it needs to have no physical connection to any system or network that is connected to the external internet)

I have 100% confidence that our nation would only deploy the most rock solid security known to man for everything they do. So I think we can all assume that is exactly what they did when setting up these networks while adding multiple fail safes to this. There is no way our government wouldn't do that right? ;)

*sighs* My wife was an elected judge of elections. Before every election I would go in with her and help set these machines up. This was for four years. I would bring the volunteers food and coffee also.

The voting machines are pretty much sealed up and locked by a unique key for each voting district. While they have to be connected to program and read the ballot choices, it would take a lot of cloak and dagger work to get into them I believe. These machines are/were certified by multiple audit companies.

• Make sure no other devices are plugged into the machines;
  • And train polling station workers, typically volunteers unfamiliar with cybersecurity, on the importance of enforcing these measures.

If he went to one of a few of these polling stations he would discover they are manned by very old volunteers. I'm talking 70's and 80's. My wife was a baby compared to them. They don't have the ability to do any of that stuff because 1) it's not possible. 2) They are likely inept with technology. If you told them "Bluetooth" they would likely ask what your dentist said. *yes I'm joking*

But lets say the voter registration system WAS compromised. There are two possible outcomes here...

1) Voters registrations were misdirected, moved or plain deleted. When a voter gets to the polling place and finds they are NOT on the roles for that district, they are handed a provisional voting ballot. If it looks close, the ballot is hand verified and counted. If a lot of ballots show up, then there is a problem and I imagine it will raise a few eyebrows. To give you an idea how rare it is, i remember 3 votes being provisional of over 500 that day at that polling station. (And believe you me, these people gave my wife a dirty eye like she was somehow responsible for them not being on the roles. One guy was so mad he asked for the Director of the election for the county.)

2) They loaded the roles. Before you can vote your signature is compared by hand by what is on the roles. To throw the election off, you would have to have a lot of foreign agents coming in.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sighs* My wife was an elected judge of elections. Before every election I would go in with her and help set these machines up. This was for four years. I would bring the volunteers food and coffee also.

The voting machines are pretty much sealed up and locked by a unique key for each voting district. While they have to be connected to program and read the ballot choices, it would take a lot of cloak and dagger work to get into them I believe. These machines are/were certified by multiple audit companies.

If he went to one of a few of these polling stations he would discover they are manned by very old volunteers. I'm talking 70's and 80's. My wife was a baby compared to them. They don't have the ability to do any of that stuff because 1) it's not possible. 2) They are likely inept with technology. If you told them "Bluetooth" they would likely ask what your dentist said. *yes I'm joking*

But lets say the voter registration system WAS compromised. There are two possible outcomes here...

1) Voters registrations were misdirected, moved or plain deleted. When a voter gets to the polling place and finds they are NOT on the roles for that district, they are handed a provisional voting ballot. If it looks close, the ballot is hand verified and counted. If a lot of ballots show up, then there is a problem and I imagine it will raise a few eyebrows. To give you an idea how rare it is, i remember 3 votes being provisional of over 500 that day at that polling station. (And believe you me, these people gave my wife a dirty eye like she was somehow responsible for them not being on the roles. One guy was so mad he asked for the Director of the election for the county.)

2) Before you can vote your signature is compared by hand by what is on the roles. To throw the election off, you would have to have a lot of foreign agents coming in.

Thank you. I would imagine that these machines are severely locked down as well and only able to run that one task.

Hacked machines are the only way Trump could get a vote.

XP rocks!

Actually, 2/3 of all voting machines are "donated" from the Clinton foundation. And there is proof of software in those machines that can tamper with votes (this was done in the DNC primaries, as anyone who followed Sanders knows).

So on the oft chance you aren't some CTR person here ingonito (which we also know is possible thanks to WikiLeaks), the only person who stands a reasonable chance at hacking voting booths for votes is Hillary Clinton. We have DNC emails from the DNC leaks verifying this.

Thank you. I would imagine that these machines are severely locked down as well and only able to run that one task.

Kinda like those ballets found in trunks of cars at the last minute.....

Actually, 2/3 of all voting machines are "donated" from the Clinton foundation. And there is proof of software in those machines that can tamper with votes (this was done in the DNC primaries, as anyone who followed Sanders knows).

So on the oft chance you aren't some CTR person here ingonito (which we also know is possible thanks to WikiLeaks), the only person who stands a reasonable chance at hacking voting booths for votes is Hillary Clinton. We have DNC emails from the DNC leaks verifying this.

maxresdefault.jpg

the only person who stands a reasonable chance at hacking voting booths for votes is Hillary Clinton. We have DNC emails from the DNC leaks verifying this.

That's likely the only way she can win... She already has the dead, the illegal and middle east refugee votes, but I guess that's not enough.

im not the least bit surprised by this, you could spend money to update them or just continue the steal the money and say you did.

I'm surprised they're not running 98. It's not like it matters that much, those votes don't even actually elect your candidate, they just elect the elector who then votes for you.

They are saving tax payers money by not upgrading... isn't this best for everyone? This will allow people to upgrade their McMeal to Medium or Large once.

The amount of crazy and conspiracy theory that you were able to squeeze into such a short non sourced post is quite impressive.

They are saving tax payers money by not upgrading... isn't this best for everyone? This will allow people to upgrade their McMeal to Medium or Large once.

Upgrade to what and why? These are single use machines that should be locked down tight. When something works and in and of itself, is secure and not connected to the internet, there would be no upgrade path.

The amount of crazy and conspiracy theory that you were able to squeeze into such a short non sourced post is quite impressive.

I haven't heard one single DNC person deny the actual contents of the emails that were leaked. Seemed more like they were more concerned with WHO did it, rather then what was actually done. The fact that Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned within days with no contest probably says more then anything.

And there is proof of software in those machines that can tamper with votes (this was done in the DNC primaries, as anyone who followed Sanders knows).

Do you have any links to these emails? I read a fair amount of the DNC leaks and never saw anything about voting machine tampering. When I Google it, I can't find any legitimate news sources that say anything about it.

I haven't heard one single DNC person deny the actual contents of the emails that were leaked. Seemed more like they were more concerned with WHO did it, rather then what was actually done. The fact that Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned within days with no contest probably says more then anything.
You mean she re-signed with the Clinton campaign full time. How can you deny the contents when they're in writing?

When the flesh-eating-homosexual-Jewish-lizard-men boil up from the hollow centre of this flat earth and devour your children you'll cry for Lord Putin, I MEAN TRUMP, Lord Trump to protect you.

I read somewhere that George Soros manufactures all the electronic voting machines. Through the many companies he owns of course. What a wonderful person to be in control of that.

Nevada, Harry Reid is 4 points behind Sharon Angle. Sudden power surge, when it comes back on Dirty Harry is now 4 points ahead. Do I believe something like that could happen, you betcha, especially with Soros involved.

That's just it. For the leaks, many of us we're in the same boat as not believe in the conspiracy theories. But we severely got red pills and now have seen enough evidence that says most of those conspiracy theories are actually true. It's a startling I understand that the people who don't want to believe it have a certain degree of cognitive dissonance.

Those people have chosen the blue pill and continue on as business as usual. But those of us who have been redpilled sort of know exactly the types of crap that's going on, and that this election really isn't about Republican versus Democrat but the common people versus globalism.

I haven't found the exact emails yet since there are thousands to go through, but this link provides a very good start even if you disregard the article itself it has links to the actual email that you can read for yourself.

Leaked DNC Emails Confirm Democrats Rigged Primary, Reveal Extensive Media Collusion | Zero Hedge

The one addendum that I'd like to add to my post to people who are still blue pills and want to take the Democrat vs Republican back into a Coke vs. Pepsi War, is that Wikileaks, who leaked this information, is the same group that was the media Darlings when they held Bush accountable for lying about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They are a neutral government Watchdog group. And the left side hasn't had a real problem with them until they start releasing things about the Democratic party. When it was all about the Republican party they fully supported it. So just wanted to take it that type of ammunition out of the gun since it really doesn't fly here.

I haven't found the exact emails yet since there are thousands to go through, but this link provides a very good start even if you disregard the article itself it has links to the actual email that you can read for yourself.

Leaked DNC Emails Confirm Democrats Rigged Primary, Reveal Extensive Media Collusion | Zero Hedge

Thanks for the link. I read through that article and the emails and nowhere in there do I see anything about voting machine fraud.

There's no doubt the DNC worked hard to discredit/oust Sanders, I don't think there's any question about that. I just don't see any evidence of actual voting machine tampering in here.

I read somewhere that George Soros manufactures all the electronic voting machines. Through the many companies he owns of course. What a wonderful person to be in control of that.

Nevada, Harry Reid is 4 points behind Sharon Angle. Sudden power surge, when it comes back on Dirty Harry is now 4 points ahead. Do I believe something like that could happen, you betcha, especially with Soros involved.

As horrible of a human being as he is, sadly Diebold can not be pinned on him. Any of the claims you see are as out on a limb as the claim itself. The man SHOULD be hauled in to international courts, but not for this.

To me, the greatest attack we on our ability to vote is the current president of our country. Twice now, he has instructed the citizens of this great country to vote for Hillary Clinton (even endorsing her before she was the democratic party candidate). This is inexcusable. The President of the United States Of America should only ever tell you that you have the right to vote for whoever you choose, no matter what you think the chances are of that person winning are.

When the leader of a country, tells who you are allowed to vote for that is called ___________?

Obama calling it an insult to him if you don't vote Hillary
Obama saying voting for 3rd party is like voting for Trump and that you must vote for Hillary
Former Secretary Of State Madeleine Albright saying women who don't vote for Hillary will go to Hell

To me this has far more influence on our elections then any state sponsored hacking. The inalienable ability of the people of this country to choose the destiny of this country is what makes us unique in the world. Of all the people in the world to embrace this notion, it should be the leader of our country who was elected through that process.

US Election Shocker: Is This How The Vote Will Be Rigged?

Its incredible.
I fail to understand how ANYTHING without a paper trail for auditing is an acceptable voting method.
Really fascinating, not sure how most people wouldn't understand you can program computers to do, well anything.
It will never be a clean system without paper, it is conceptually impossible to be so.
Maybe with open-source code, it might be 'cleaner' but you can make code long, complex, and poorly documented so even then it could be hard to catch.
The fractional counting method apparently arises from some die-bold files someone managed to get their hands on.

Thanks for the link. I read through that article and the emails and nowhere in there do I see anything about voting machine fraud.

There's no doubt the DNC worked hard to discredit/oust Sanders, I don't think there's any question about that. I just don't see any evidence of actual voting machine tampering in here.

Yeah, I said that those wouldn't have that. Just popped it up for you as a "starter" since I had a busy weekend, and digging this stuff up for an internet forum isn't high on my list of life priorities to be honest. But I will see what I can dig up this morning.

Ok, think I found something:

Back