PC Racing/Driving Setup for Two People

Westwood

[H]F Junkie
How would one setup the following, if its even possible,

Two People
Two Monitors
Racing/Driving Simultaneously with each person having their own screen and steering wheel setup

Current setup is a 3600/3070 on three monitors. Thinking maybe for some indoor stuff for kiddo and I to do together would be racing or driving sims. Is it possible for me to look at my screen while driving and he look at his screen, but yet we are both in the same...realm/race/instance? and we each have our own set of controls? There any games that this would work with? Probably not really racing since he's still really young. That MudRunner game would probably be better since you can drive on your own and is more sandbox like.

Nothing really has that and games haven't really for decades :(.
damn. I remember back in the day dad and I racing Nascar 98 on the PS1. Figured I could do a more updated version of that. So I'd have to build a second system or a set of twin systems for us to race together then. bah

alright, thanks.

Nothing really has that and games haven't really for decades :(.
Ja, splitscreen is basically dead on both consoles and PC. Even LAN is a rarity these days. Developers force you to try and connect to local friends/family over their shitty online solution.

Ja, splitscreen is basically dead on both consoles and PC. Even LAN is a rarity these days. Developers force you to try and connect to local friends/family over their shitty online solution.
wow, same story on console too? my second thought was a PS3 or 4 and see about running two monitors there. looks like I'm off to find something else then, heh.

wow, same story on console too? my second thought was a PS3 or 4 and see about running two monitors there. looks like I'm off to find something else then, heh.
Only console racing games off the top of my head I know have splitscreen are Forza Motorsport (all of them) and Gran Turismo (all of them? not sure about 5). I know GT supports multiplayer with steering wheels for both players. Not sure about Forza.

Only console racing games off the top of my head I know have splitscreen are Forza Motorsport (all of them) and Gran Turismo (all of them? not sure about 5). I know GT supports multiplayer with steering wheels for both players. Not sure about Forza.
mmk. only thing about that is, he's still way young and I don't the racing portion would pan out well. I was shooting more for like a sandbox game where we got to drive freely and stuff.

okie doke, we'll have to hold off on this then. I'll have to explore some other options. Was trying to come up with something for us to do together for an hour or before bed, or we go somewhere, or momma is still working. that sort of thing. might grab a slot car track or something instead- but that's another topic.

thanks.

well no shit. that's like his favorite thing too- paw patrol. haha
Yeah, I've played it on Switch so I'm not sure if the PC version will span across multiple monitors. But it has 2 and 4 player split screen, Mario Kart style.

It's pretty simple, not sure how old your kid is but mine is 2 and it has a level of driving assist where you basically don't have to do anything. Really good for younger kids. We also tried Hot Wheels Unleashed (because he likes Hot Wheels) but that is NOT a game for kids, some of those tracks and time trials are ridiculous even for me.

youre looking at two separate systems or one really beefy one running vm's like LTT has demoed a few times.

youre looking at two separate systems or one really beefy one running vm's like LTT has demoed a few times.
ah, I was thinking two 1080s on a 3600 and 3070. If I had to, a 4090.

meh, looks like a lost cause then. was just trying to come up with something for kiddo and I to do together.

I'm not certain, but what you want to do might work with Proto Input. They're working on a split screen (or split-monitor) solution that currently works for a variety of games. From a glance it looks very customizable but I can also observe that it has specific limitations. Sorry in advance if it's short of what you need, but it might be worth keeping your eye on all the same.

Back