PC Gamer E3 stream is live!

2 dozen creatures in Fable Legends.

2 Dozen = 24 The Orange Box released 2007. 2015-2007=8 24/8=3

Half Life 3 confirmed.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition is coming to PC!

This is actually pretty exciting. I know initial impressions of this people were sort of disappointed that it was just Gears 1 instead of all three games. But then I saw some before and after screenshots. This isn't an upscale. It's not an HD port. It looks closer to a remake. It seems like just about every asset has been updated or remade entirely. Levels look significantly more detailed. It really looks like a properly modern game... no part of it looks like a several year old 360 game.

This is actually pretty exciting. I know initial impressions of this people were sort of disappointed that it was just Gears 1 instead of all three games. But then I saw some before and after screenshots. This isn't an upscale. It's not an HD port. It looks closer to a remake. It seems like just about every asset has been updated or remade entirely. Levels look significantly more detailed. It really looks like a properly modern game... no part of it looks like a several year old 360 game.

I'm still disappointed that it's just Gears 1, but ya know what Gears 1 was a really damn good game. Glad this is coming to the PC though and I might have to buy it just to tell MS that I want more of their big games to appear.

I'm still disappointed that it's just Gears 1, but ya know what Gears 1 was a really damn good game. Glad this is coming to the PC though and I might have to buy it just to tell MS that I want more of their big games to appear.

Price will be important here. If they charge $60 for the one game, that's too much. If they price it reasonably, I'm on board, and I'm sure it will sell well.

The game really does look impressive though, check out the comparison screens: http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/16/e3-2015-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-screens/

Maybe this time they will release a game that doesn't delete your saves randomly.

Gears was easily the best and most solid of the series. Later entries got silly with the story, but Horde mode was great.

only the first game?...I was hoping for a bundle of all the games in the series

Last edited:
only the first game?...I was hoping for a bundle of all the games in the series

Correct, just the first game.

But really, lets give them them the benefit of the doubt. If it were just a 1080p60 port, it would be incredibly strange to not have all three games. But given that the game has been largely redone, there would be a huge challenge in doing all three.

Personally, if I had to choose between three games being upscaled and otherwise unchanged, or one game being completely re-done to look like a modern game, I'd take the later.

Correct, just the first game.

But really, lets give them them the benefit of the doubt. If it were just a 1080p60 port, it would be incredibly strange to not have all three games. But given that the game has been largely redone, there would be a huge challenge in doing all three.

At least they have already said 4K and whatever framerate we can push.

where are these before/after pics you speak of?...got a link?

it's been years since I played it on PC but I don't see a night/day difference...I remember it looking pretty good back in the day but with some Unreal Engine blur added...are the graphical differences that significant?

The difference looks pretty significant to me... particularly in buildings. Many of them appear to be completely re-done... with a lot of new little details. Also, it seems as though just about everything has at least got a new texture.

I'm pumped about the coaster game. I know they have been talking about it for a while, and I've been waiting for them to show it off. Especially since RCT World isn't looking so impressive. Frontier is still the king of coaster games. Gunna be watching this one very closely.

Guys mic is bust and the Host just powers through.

Ha, they're sharing the hosts microphone now.

Oh hey they're actually bothering to clearly explain what the fuck the new Hitman is. Unlike the terrible confusing thing at SE's train wreck.

Me too. Trolling?

No it's there. Snapped a pic like a pleb that can't screencap... knew it was gone because I checked the website on my phone.
Fake
mc8jtup.jpg[IMG]

Last edited:
So is Valve.software an official site? The links all go to valvesoftware.com.

Beyond Eyes sounds like an interesting concept ... will be interesting to see how it turns out

Definitely looking forward to the expansion for Pillars (and I get it for free as a Kickstarter supporter so even better :) )

Back