PC for LG 27MB85R

So you're unable to build the PC or did you want to build a PC?
 
I just want to buy a PC. It will be the first one I buy, so I don't really know what's the best one for me.
The monitor is LG 27MB85R. It is for movies (80%), games (20%) and work (0%).
 
the ankerman has the highest specs I've seen. Then again, I don't understand some of them.
 
What country are you located in?
What games are you planning on playing?
Which Ankerman PC are you talking about specifically? TGHere's a ton of different Ankerman PCs in that link.

With that said, I really can't recommend the Ankerman PCs since they don't list what power supply they have inside the PC. When it comes to any important PC, you want to have a good PSU.
 
Sorry for the delay, I had to go to sleep.

1) Spain

2) I would only play online games (the mmorg free ones) and watch movies in 1440p. I don't want any lags in both.

The ankerman I's choose is the one that appears when you click the link. it says EVGA 600B Bronze 600W ATX 2.3 (100-B1-0600-KR), so I think power supply is 600w.

Please tell me the best option for me (I want it to be very silent btw).
 
Jonnyguru tested the 500W version of that PSU here and it seems to be OK. Teapo capacitors which aren't great, but overall it appears to be reasonably okay. I wouldn't put one in my machine, but I wouldn't feel unsafe as I would with, say, a Deer PSU (are they still around?).
 
dangra, what PC would you buy for my case? As I said, 80% movies in 1440p and 20% free mmorg games. I don't want input lags.
 
No idea. Link us a few retailers that sell PCs in your country and we might check out a few options for you. Otherwise most of us are only familiar with resellers in the USA.

I also would try to avoid both Seagate hard drives and Kingston non-HyperX SSDs. HGST or at least Western Digital for the HDD, and I'd recommend paying a bit more for a Samsung, Crucial or Intel SSD (and I'd take the Crucial MX100 series over the Samsung 840 Evo any day).

Otherwise the specs of that PC are pretty good like the GTX 970 video card. I don't know if the price is good or not.
 
I can get everything from amazon or import it so that's not a problem. Can you tell me what you consider to be the best options for me (I like very silent PCs btw).
 
iBuyPower might be a good option. Here's a suitable machine from them (not the only option and sorry I can't build every one of their machines to compare prices)


Gamer Paladin E810
Case 1 x Raidmax Horus Gaming Case - Black
Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i5-4690K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core™ i5-4690K
Processor Cooling 1 x Asetek 510LC Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1150] - Standard 120mm Fan
Memory 1 x 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand**Free Upgrade to DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 4GB - FREE Upgrade to EVGA GTX 970 4GB Superclocked - Single Card
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - NVIDIA Pick Your Path Bundle (The Crew, Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4) - Free with purchase of GTX 970, 980, 970M, and 980M GPU
Motherboard 1 x ASUS Z97-P - FREE Upgrade to ASUS Z97-K -- 2x PCIe x16, 4x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0
Power Supply 1 x 600 Watt - Corsair CX600 V2 - 80 PLUS Bronze
Primary Hard Drive 1 x 240 GB Intel 730 Overclocked SSD -- Read: 550MB/s, Wrtie: 470MB/s - Single Drive **FREE Upgrade to 480GB Intel 730 SSD (Single Drive Only)**
Data Hard Drive 1 x 2 TB WD Black HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Optical Drive 1 x 24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW - Black -- Free Upgrade to 14X LG Blu-ray Rewritter
Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System 1 x Windows 8.1 + Office 365 Trial [Free 30-Day !!!] 64-bit
Keyboard 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard
Mouse 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse
Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Rush Service 1 x No Rush Service (Usually Ships in 10-15 Business Days)
Total Price: US$1562, Customized: 12-22-2014 08:23 AM
 
I'd like it to have: 3tb, very silent, very good graphic card.

if you choose a good PC for over 1000 € that would be awesome
 
it can be a bit more expensive if you deem it necessary or simply much better.
 
I have 0% knowledge of PCs, so I trust you completely btw. with a bit of lack I'll buy it in a few hours.
 
also, you said "I also would try to avoid both Seagate hard drives and Kingston non-HyperX SSDs", what happens if I were to buy the ankerman you saw (it costs 2k dollars).
 
You're going to have to be a bit more patient friend as this is the holiday season for many of us in the world. So we're a bit busy. ;)

I'll try to be back later with a recommendation but that Ankerman PC you listed is absolutely the wrong case if you wanted a quiet/silent PC. If you want a quiet/silent PC, generally, the PCs should be in one of these cases (I'm missing a few I think):
$85 - Antec P280 ATX Case
$120 - Fractal Design Define R5 Black ATX Case
$120 - NZXT H440 White/Black ATX Case
$127 - NZXT H440 Red/Matte Black ATX Case
$140 - Corsair Obsidian Series 550D ATX Case
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok thaks! If you could select all the parts when/if you can that wouls be awesome!
 
Those cases would be better but if your PC has quiet fans (and quiet components that enable them -- particularly the GPU since some are louder than others) it shouldn't be too bad.

Honestly I checked out a few stores and couldn't find ones that ship there. I thought iBuyPower might as their site did mention international shipping..

I ran some searches on Amazon too but didn't see much if anything better than the one OP linked.
 
I think im gonna customize completely and pay someone to come to my house and make it. So ill just buy all the best parts and bring them home one by one. My last request would therefore be for you guys to tell me the best possible computer for over 1.5-2k dollars. I want it be dead silent and 3tb at least (the more the merrier). Best possible graphic card for the budget and at leasr 16 gb ram. The ankerman i linked before was 2k dollars. If ican do much better for the same price id be overjoyed :) (if not, just better is good). As you guys know this isnt my area of spertice, so please dont leave anything out (intel, possible software,i dont know, anything to make the machine work properly). Thank you in advance! p.s: Please think carefully about the composition, im a noob and wont notice any mistakes until it is too late.
 
Make it 2k dollars, not 1.5 k. Id also like it to be able to live many years and therefore be able to be upgraded in the future (lets say in 5 years). Thanks and PLEASE think carefully about the sync.
 
Motherboard: Pretty much any Z97 board but I like ASRock these days more than Asus (even though Asus is more expensive). Preferably one with an Intel network chip rather than Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer/etc, though it's not a huge deal.

CPU: i5 4670,4670k,4690,4690k or i7 4770,4770k,4790,4790k are all good choices

RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600 minimum - 16GB might not be a bad idea if you keep lots of programs open at once. Kingston, G.Skill, Mushkin, Samsung, Crucial/Micron, or Corsair. 16GB will definitely help keep your PC up-to-date for those 5 years and should cost around $50-75/equivalent more than 8GB. "Value" RAM is perfectly fine as long as it's from a good brand like those I listed.

SSD: Intel, Samsung or Crucial 240GB or higher

HDD: HGST/Hitachi or Western Digital, whatever size - and preferably get an external drive for backing up your data (unless it's not important to you)

PSU: 80Plus Bronze or better from any of these brands (in no particular order): Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone, SuperFlower (e.g. Rosewill Capstone), Enermax (e.g. Revolution series), etc... For a relatively inexpensive supply, Antec is generally decent. Verify the one you select either on a forum such as this or by reading reviews, primarily from Jonnyguru and Hardwaresecrets. If you get an 80Plus Platinum unit, your electricity bill will be slightly lower than if you got 80plus gold, which would be slightly cheaper to run than 80plus silver, which would be slightly cheaper than 80plus bronze, which would be slightly cheaper than 80plus, which would be moderately cheaper to run than non-80plus (non-80plus should never be considered these days). The difference between 80plus platinum and regular 80plus is moderate and probably worth if it you can get a good deal on the platinum unit. (I do personally use a platinum unit.)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760, 770, 970, 980 (or 960 when it comes out next year) should all be good choices (I left out the 780 as I think the 970 would be a better choice as it should be quieter). The 970 your original link had is a very good card and MSI and Asus 970 cards are supposedly the quietest of them. The AMD cards are not going to be as competitive with the GTX 970 right now and won't be as quiet. AMD's 300 series should improve things but is likely several months away.

Heatsink: Depends mainly on prices, but the larger/heavier it is, generally the quieter you can run the fans. At bare minimum, get something like a Coolermaster Hyper212 series. You could go for a mini watercooled setup (such as a Corsair H100i) or a larger heatsink like a Noctua D14. The downside of large heatsinks like the D14 is that they put a lot of stress on your motherboard and CPU socket, so you need to be extra careful when you transport the computer. It's rare for people to break their motherboards or sockets, but it's possible. Make sure to use quality heatsink grease with any heatsink such as Arctic Cooling MX*, Arctic Silver 5, IC Diamond (good stuff but a pain to apply), etc. (There are several more good ones; feel free to read a review on them from the past couple years, or just go ahead and pick one of the few I listed as they will easily be good enough.)

Case: Some particularly quiet cases have been mentioned above, but if you get the right fans and the right GPU, it doesn't matter that much. The NZXT one mentioned is probably a pretty good value here.

Case fan or 2: If you really like quiet, Noctua makes some pretty darn good fans. Gelid fans are okay and generally cheaper. If you can find any Scythe fans for sale, those were great, but I think they are no longer made.

DVD/BD: Samsung, LG, Pioneer are all fine; get what you need. If you want to burn Blu-rays then get one of those; if not you'll save money by getting a BD combo drive that can read BDs,DVDs,CDs but can only write DVDs and CDs (not BDs). Some people don't care about optical drives at all these days so feel free to skip it completely if you don't think you'd use it.


That Ankermann one doesn't look terrible or anything, though, so I don't think you'd be missing out a lot by buying it. You would probably save some money and likely get slightly better components if you do build it, but the Ankermann machine is not using crappy components at all. So don't feel like you absolutely need to build it yourself if you don't feel comfortable.

If you build it yourself, a couple tips: Don't build it in a room with carpet unless you use an anti-static wrist strap (which are a good idea either way). Not as important if you have hardwood floors (though, again, still a good idea). Also make sure that stuff like heatsink grease does not get smeared in places where it shouldn't go and do NOT put it on the pins. Try not to touch pins on the CPU or RAM as much as you can. Be careful with aligning the CPU into the slot properly and if you mess it up slightly, lift the CPU straight up. Do not drag it across the pins as it could bend them. In general be VERY careful with the pins in the CPU socket as they are extremely easy to damage. Warranty won't cover that sort of damage.
 
Last edited:
SUPER AWESOME response. Mmmm I got a bit confused when you said the ankerman wouldn't actually be a bad choice. It's true that it's only gonna be slightly better the ankerman helps me save a lot of time and effort. Could you tell me if it would make noise? As I said, it is mainly for movies (and a bit of gaming), and I don't like external noise while watching a movie. More like how much noise would it make?
I'm using a dell laptop that is hard to tell if it's on or off by noise alone btw (super silent).
 
Intel Core i7-4790K 4x 4.00GHz, boxed (BX80646I74790K)
ASUS H97M-E (Sound5.1, GLAN, USB 3.0, SATA3, M.2)
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G GeForce GTX 970, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (V316-001R)
16 GB RAM ELIXIR / Crucial / G-Skill DDR-3 PC1600 (M2X16G64CB8HB5
Kingston SSDNow 120GB, V300 SATA 6Gb/s (SV300S37A/120G)
2TB Seagate HDD Barracuda 7200.14 2TB, SATA 6Gb/s (ST2000DM001)
24x DVD-RW Writer Samsung SH-224BB Black, SATA, (SH-224BB/BESE) DVD Brenner
EVGA 600B Bronze 600W ATX 2.3 (100-B1-0600-KR)
Thermaltake Core V71
be quiet! Pure Rock TowerCooler (BK009)(all Sockets)

Based on this (the parts of the ankerman), is it silent?
 
maybe, maybe not, depends on even minor factors such as what case fans.

I would recommend building over the Ankermann... Just saying that the Ankermann isn't terrible if you aren't willing to build it.
 
I'll build it then :) I know I'm asking a lot from you, but could you repeat all the components, but choosing just one for each category? I feel lost when you give so many options. So that you know my level of stupidity, it was 2 days ago that I learned what RAM means, and I haven't made much progress since then. If you could write the whole name I would greatly appreciate it too, cause some of the names you wrote have different versions when I look them up. If you can't do it (I imagine it would take a lot of time) I want you to know you've been a LOT of help, and feel I know more as for what to aim for.
Anyways, if you happened to be ultrakind in my last request, I would like it to be 16 gb, at least 2 tb, very silent, great graphic card, be able to be upgraded and also be almost as awesome as you =P
 
budget: 2k, if it's much better you could go up by 1,2 or 3 hundred.
 
Intel Core i7-4790K 4x 4.00GHz, boxed (BX80646I74790K)
ASUS H97M-E (Sound5.1, GLAN, USB 3.0, SATA3, M.2)
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G GeForce GTX 970, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (V316-001R)
16 GB RAM ELIXIR / Crucial / G-Skill DDR-3 PC1600 (M2X16G64CB8HB5
Kingston SSDNow 120GB, V300 SATA 6Gb/s (SV300S37A/120G)
2TB Seagate HDD Barracuda 7200.14 2TB, SATA 6Gb/s (ST2000DM001)
24x DVD-RW Writer Samsung SH-224BB Black, SATA, (SH-224BB/BESE) DVD Brenner
EVGA 600B Bronze 600W ATX 2.3 (100-B1-0600-KR)
Thermaltake Core V71
be quiet! Pure Rock TowerCooler (BK009)(all Sockets)

Based on this (the parts of the ankerman), is it silent?

Yeah that setup isn't silent. Again, you want to use one of the cases I linked to earlier if you want quiet.

Now for a list, I highly recommend following these two links for what parts to get for a quiet PC:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/SPCR_2014_ATX_Gaming_Build_Guide
http://www.silentpcreview.com/Quiet_ATX_Gamer_R5_Version

Considering that the build list is from Silent PC Review, it should be extremely quiet/near silent.
 
Great! Dangman, because of your knowledge, can you verify if this setup is very silent and has good performance:

ASUS 90YV07F0 (GTX 970): its cost is 368 €, vs ASUS 980 8 (640€) : is the 980 worth the almost double price?

Intel Core i5-4670K

Noctua NH-U12S - US (I'm a bit lost here: the are more silent ones?

Asus Z97-PRO

A good 16 gb silent one? (the one listed is 8gb)

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB

Fractal Design Define R5

be quiet! Straight Power 10 600W

am forgeting something?
 
That's all fine. 980 is a good bit better than 970 but it's not worth double the price unless you're playing some games that really stress your GPU. My GTX 570, fairly old now, could still handle most games at 2560x1440 with reasonably high quality (though only 2x antialiasing at best - but 970 is much better).

I'm not familiar with that PSU but the Be Quiet E9 seemed to have good reviews, so hopefully that one is also good. I don't think I've ever read a review of a Be Quiet PSU that wasn't at least decent. I hear they are more common in Europe than here in the States.

You left out an optical drive, but you don't really need one, so that might be on purpose.

Also keep in mind we did not list an operating system so you would need to buy/"obtain" that yourself. And you may want an optical drive for it, but you can also use USB flash drives to install most if not all operating systems these days.

"A good 16 gb silent one?" - Just about all RAM is silent. There have been some consumer RAM that has come with fans but a good 99.9% of it just has a small heatsink, no fan, and is silent.

The heatsink you listed is fine and if you set the fan profiles in the BIOS to silent (which aren't necessarily "silent" - just less noisy than the other profiles) you will have very little CPU fan noise

The GPU you listed should be quiet when you aren't gaming and not too bad when gaming. It won't be fully silent but you won't find any card with this level of performance that is fully silent. It should be silent enough.

The Define is a good case. I have the R4. It's not the most silent case on the market (look to an Antec P280 or Sonata III if you want a bit quieter) but it's also not the loudest.

I'd pick up at least one 120mm case fan. Noctua fans are good and silent. Your heatsink should come with one Noctua fan, so I'd pick up one more as a case fan. It's probably not strictly necessary but it's a good idea, especially if you plan to leave the PC turned on most of the time.

That motherboard is fine - nothing particularly special but not bad either.

That CPU is pretty good. Mid-range, but very capable still. Modern CPUs are so good that they will last you many years even if you don't buy the most expensive one.
 
For the CPU, more than likely you're not overclocking so you can drop down to the Core i5 4590.

For the motherboard, you can get away with the cheaper Z97-A.

FOr the RAM, just go for the cheapest 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM you can find and you're set.

I'm not a big fan of the WD Green 3TB drive. I'd recommend the WD Red 3TB hard drive instead.

Finally for the PSU, if the Seasonic SSR-650RM or the Seasonic X-650 are the same price as that be quiet Straight Power 600W PSU, I'd recommend those over the be quiet! PSUs. But the be quiet! Straight Power 10 600W seems to be a good PSU.
 
Back
Top