PC Club & ClubIT Back in Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Deep from within the bowels of PC Club comes even more rumbling. We have been told that PC Club is “open and in business.” A holding company is coming in with supposed long-term investment aspirations with no major restructuring on the horizon. All stores have reportedly checked in for re-opening, but obviously it is a little touch and go with their entire store staffs being previous dismissed. We were told that any previous PC Club employees that do return to their jobs are “fully reinstated as if there were no changes.”

While the ClubIT retail Web presence is not currently operational, we have been told that it will return as well. ASAP. More details to come!

UPDATED with official PR from PC Club.

I would be very very cautious about any business that went so far as to pull the signs off their building.

It's kind of like 'Holy Grail'... they're not dead yet! They feel fine!

I just went to the clubit website and its back up

FWIW, PCClub and ClubIT sites are back up... As of last night were totally dead.
Although I would agree w/ rbanzai - for the time being I would steer clear, wouldn't want to get screwed ala Monarch. Nice to see them operational again though.

weird stuff going on with them.. of couse there will be a decent amount of customers that either dont care that they had this 'almost bankrupt' thing or that were completely unaware of any problems.. so they should at least continue to bring in some money until they get back on their feet

Deep from within the bowels of PC Club comes even more rumbling

bowels, rumbling, deep.

Your killing me, :D Thought I was at the Inquirer for a minute there.

I would be very very cautious about any business that went so far as to pull the signs off their building.

It's kind of like 'Holy Grail'... they're not dead yet! They feel fine!

The sign being taken down had nothing to do with PC Club closing. That was actually a consolidation of our departments into one building. That other building used to house our distribution center and our factory. That has been moved to the other building PC Club owns and had been ongoing for a couple months before the ownership change. We were already in the process of moving out of that building.

Crossing fingers that this works out. The people at the PC Club I go to (Westwood, CA) are good guys.

Crossing fingers that this works out.

2nd'ed!!

Always had good experiences with ClubIT. We need as many of these types of e-tailers as we can get!! *crosses fingers in hopes of success for the company/companies involved*

im still waiting for my rebates from them buttheads

The sign being taken down had nothing to do with PC Club closing. That was actually a consolidation of our departments into one building. That other building used to house our distribution center and our factory. That has been moved to the other building PC Club owns and had been ongoing for a couple months before the ownership change. We were already in the process of moving out of that building.

ok, but I was under the impression that some employees didn't know anything about the close/move. Whats up with that?

Also does that mean you guys "down size"?????

ok, but I was under the impression that some employees didn't know anything about the close/move. Whats up with that?

Also does that mean you guys "down size"?????

There was a corporate restructure that did happen to streamline headquarters and reduce unnecessary overhead. It was told to managers and announced on our internal intranet, but some managers don't communicate well, and some employees don't read the internal intranet as much as they should. :p

I'm glad to see these guys back up and their employees getting to keep their jobs... I know I have always had good service from them and of course, just ignore the kids that think they know more than you, which happens in any hi-tech industry anyway. ClubIT has truly good prices and service, so much that I check them BEFORE Newegg. Best of luck to them so we as consumers have more choice!

Lets hope that doesn't include the dirtbags that cut everyone loose with zero warning...
Go eat a dick and get a real job. With a suit and tie and white collar. It's not as simple as you make it sound, geniusfuck.

Go eat a dick and get a real job. With a suit and tie and white collar. It's not as simple as you make it sound, geniusfuck.

Easy there, slapnuts.

First, it most certainly is that simple. Keeping people in the dark about the fact that they were about to be jobless served no purpose other than to make things easier on themselves.

Second, what makes you think I don't have a "real" job?

I actually made almost twice the money working at Pcclub than I did working for the shirt and tie job I took when I left Pcclub. I wasn't the best salesman either by a longshot.

I just picked up a new video card from the PC Club in Mesa, Arizona. According to the guy I was talking to there it was more or less a rouse to clear the books for the new company.

Easy there, slapnuts.

First, it most certainly is that simple. Keeping people in the dark about the fact that they were about to be jobless served no purpose other than to make things easier on themselves.

Second, what makes you think I don't have a "real" job?
I don't know who has real or imaginary jobs. I do however know someone who is sexually frustrated.

Why do threads take a turn for the worse so quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back