Paypal Changes?

I use it a ton. It is drastically more convenient to use a single payment system instead of having to deal with PayPal + Venmo + Zelle + whatever crappy system you want to use today.

If someone wants money from me for something like buying the t-ball coach a present / whatever, they better take PayPal, else they don’t get money.
While understandable, this is also the reason we don't have better competition and improvement.
It’s free and fast for me to sling money around in PayPal, so I’m not sure where I would get improvement beyond another service paying me to use it.

My take is that there is always room for improvement, and I'm not opposed to someone coming along and doing it better, but the company that does has to not just provide another "me too" platform, but rather needs to give me a reason to switch. Make it easier, faster or better somehow.

Thus far I'm not seeing that in any other platform. Paypal remains the most convenient for me. Venmo is essentially the same thing, but with fewer payment options and smartphone app-centric rather than PC centric (and I prefer to use my PC for these things) so that's a no-go for me. My bank has Zelle, and while it is an option, almost no one I want to send money to is established on Zelle, making it not work very well. It also has fewer payment options, really based on my checking account.

Paypal can suck.
I was just recently watching Steve from Gamers Nexus going through the collapse of Artesian Builds. The CEO for some reason was paying people via Paypal. Then near the end he claimed some of those payments were fraud to get the money back. Paypal went along with that and pulled the money from people, screwing them over.
Probably fraud, starting at 10:45

Protecting payers from fraud is one of Paypals biggest advantages.

The fact that someone filed a fraudulent report of fraud means that they should reported to the police.

Back